When is it Time to Quit?

24 more years? What would I do with all the loot?

Silly question. It's not like I'd refuse to take your money if you were to give them to me.

But imagine the news head lines: 85 year old becoming a trading sensation making a billion after discovering the holy grail.

Silly question. It's not like I'd refuse to take your money if you were to give them to me.

But imagine the news head lines: 85 year old becoming a trading sensation making a billion after discovering the holy grail.

I'm hoping to find something holy, but it won't be the grail.

As Nikhil mentioned, don't quit. You wanted it for a reason. Don't close the door on yourself. I was frustrated and spent about a year persuing other interests but I finally came back to trading and I had my Ah Ha moment. Now I am moving forward in the fashion I always wanted in the first place. I think the knowledge I accumulated over the years finally sunk in.

Hey Splitlink, don't drink the water.

Last edited:
Hmmmn. I was contemplating whether I should even start or not. Trading seems really intimidating and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I often ask myself if I'm cut out for trading, I guess I'll find out in due time.

I am a pretty determined person, I don't think I would quit.

I may stop trading live and drop back to a demo account if I was getting a real beating in the markts over and over.

It depends what you desires are when entering the markets I suppose. If you are really in it to win it, then you can't quit.

As long as you keep on trying failure is a event, not a person.

Trading is a career of a lifetime. Then when it comes to quitting a trade - either my initial stop or breakeven stop, or trailing stop or initial target is hit. Sometimes, it may be when a maximum trading duration has expired.

Firstly, the OP's use of the word "to" in the title of this thread is correct.

Secondly, there are only two times when you should quit.

One, when you are no longer able to play the game: ie, lack of time, health, unsupportive environment etc [*note, I dont include under-capitilisation]

And two, when you no longer want to play the game.

Hi

Just curious, besides being Balance 0.

thanks.

QUIT When your strategy is recorded, is being followed completely, involves at least 100 trades, its results are measured, it is failing and you have no idea how to make an improvement.

Einstein -" Insanity is taking the same action tomorrow and you did today, and expecting different results."

Drake - "Insanity is not understanding the basis for today's trading success/failure, and continuing to trade tomorrow."

Drake

Last edited:
QUIT When your strategy is recorded, is being followed completely, involves at least 100 trades, its results are measured, it is failing and you have no idea how to make an improvement.

Drake

no, you should know way before, taken corrective action on your strategy and looked to refine it. Then, if you still have no way of knowing how to correct it, time to ask for help (y)
There's always something can be done, and always someone who is willing to help
If you are in that same boat, let me know drake..sincerely

no, you should know way before, taken corrective action on your strategy and looked to refine it. Then, if you still have no way of knowing how to correct it, time to ask for help (y)
If you are in that same boat, let me know drake..sincerely

I have posted a couple times here that the most important ingredient in any traders arsenal is tracking performance of a rigid set of rules. This delivers a known need to revise or a confidence to pursue trading tomorrow.

My strategy works well, but the number of candidates is limited, particularly when volatility is low. If you are interested, go to Trading Strategies, High Probability Credit Option. I am attempting to put together a team to trade this specific strategy for which I have significant history over the past couple of years. There has not been a lot of interest, but I do have one or two. Eventually, we would create a private forum for the team.

If you are still interested, please send a message out of this forum.

Drake

Last edited:
, time to ask for help (y)

Lmao! :devilish: I have been in this business long enough to know this statement is false! No one "in reality" helps another achieve something infact a lot of them will sing a sweet song to bring one down "in reality"

Lmao! :devilish: I have been in this business long enough to know this statement is false! No one "in reality" helps another achieve something infact a lot of them will sing a sweet song to bring one down "in reality"
you haven't been around long enough to know me then Nikhil

Guess if you can't trade after taking a big break( usually happens after loosing your cash big time), then maybe trading may be out of your specialty