what would you do if you had more money than you ever wanted from trading?

Take a leaf out of Douglas Adams's book. He had a character who became immortal, entirely by accident, and after a couple of millenia, sussed out the markets and cleaned up on long term, high yield investments and then ran out of things to do. To find meaning in life he decided he had to set himself a task that was impossible, so he decided he would try to insult everyone in the whole universe.

Chartsy - Re # 17

Not really - I just added "drink" to your statement of what I thought was a pretty comprehensive list of life's essentials! (I suppose I should really have put spreadbetting in also.) :)

Everyone can laugh at me if they want to, but my goal is to make absurd amounts of profit trading currency to help as many people as possible before I die. I am 45 years old right now and have noticed that there is not much equality and justice in the world. There are countless good people in the world that cannot even provide the very basic necessities for their families. My goal in life is to change that. The poorest people here on earth have an equal soul to the richest people here on earth.

Everyone can laugh at me if they want to, but my goal is to make absurd amounts of profit trading currency to help as many people as possible before I die. I am 45 years old right now and have noticed that there is not much equality and justice in the world. There are countless good people in the world that cannot even provide the very basic necessities for their families. My goal in life is to change that. The poorest people here on earth have an equal soul to the richest people here on earth.

darwin would have a problem with you

I'd likely start cross breeding humans with all kinds of weird sh!t, just to see what would happen !

Rumour has it our own DNA was sliced n diced by advanced beings, so I think it's a normal and healthy desire for me to express !

Remember that Pig and Elephant DNA just won't splice. What about a four-assed monkey?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

then expand.....why else would you trade...for something to do?

lifestyle, work for yourself, from anywhere, when you feel like it...:D

There are lots of jobs in which you can work for yourself, from anywhere, when you feel like it. And many are far less stressful.

But the reason you might trade is something much bigger than all these petty things.

The same reason that the biggest guy in my office with many millions in his account was infront of his PC for the open and the last person to leave at night.

And if you aren't aware of the reason thats not a problem. Neither is the other 95%.

just thinking...if you rake in a hundred million in a few years...what next? after the yachts,houses,multiple divorces,cars,guns,hookers, what do you do with your money? do you put it in a bank....why? so you can gain interest? so what will yo do with that?! wouldyou continue trading? but why; to make more money? a never ending cycle, and it seems as if wealthy people have a responsibility to society as to what they do with their money....

me?! i'd have a limit to how much i made, after that i'd take that money and put it in a bank for saving/spending and make a nice living off interest, then continue to trade but, any money made goes towards charity or helping someone :)
i'd also manage friends and family's money, without taking cuts :)

all while getting 24/7 $ex on a 50 metre long yacht with second degree burns on my johnson.

Raise my kids and give them adventures and opportunties that they wouldn't otherwise have, start charitable foundations so that I could oversee how the money I was giving away would be spent. Help my parents and friends. And Im quite positive I would never get tired of the parade of young lovelies that I would keep around.

Last edited:
There are lots of jobs in which you can work for yourself, from anywhere, when you feel like it. And many are far less stressful.

But the reason you might trade is something much bigger than all these petty things.

The same reason that the biggest guy in my office with many millions in his account was infront of his PC for the open and the last person to leave at night.

And if you aren't aware of the reason thats not a problem. Neither is the other 95%.

Your boss is a very sad person imo and in 'my opinion' only. Especially so if he is a family man with children.

Let's all learn from him as per 'my selfish' perspective on life.

Your boss is a very sad person imo and in 'my opinion' only. Especially so if he is a family man with children.

Let's all learn from him as per 'my selfish' perspective on life.

Your post is a very patronising post IMHO.

What if he is divorced and the kids are at boarding school? or Summer camp?

What if his brother is a foster carer and he likes to provide family days out for all 8 of his neices and nephews?

What if he was a surgeon for Bupa?

What if he is managing other peoples money and has a remit to stay at the desk during market hours?

What if he has decided that the more he practices the luckier he gets, and gets his **** in gear to prove it?

Just because he works harder then you might doesn't mean you have to slate him for things he may or may not be guilty of.

Your post is a very patronising post IMHO.

What if he is divorced and the kids are at boarding school? or Summer camp?

What if his brother is a foster carer and he likes to provide family days out for all 8 of his neices and nephews?

What if he was a surgeon for Bupa?

What if he is managing other peoples money and has a remit to stay at the desk during market hours?

What if he has decided that the more he practices the luckier he gets, and gets his **** in gear to prove it?

Just because he works harder then you might doesn't mean you have to slate him for things he may or may not be guilty of.

Notice the quotes as well as my selfish perspective. I was qualifying the points as being biased from my angle. Not patronising at all!

Whole point is that people have different approaches to most things in life.

You can be good at your work and useless in many other roles in life. Everybody has many roles they fulfill. Son, Brother, Father, Husband, Colleague, Boss, Employee, Friend. Think about it.

You can be bad at your work and very good at many other aspects of ones life. Vice-er-versa.

Money enables one to choose between work and leisure time. There is a trade off.

Just merely making a point. First one in last one out - how much time does that leave for anything else?

It is all about balance.

Also - people with lots of money have bigger houses, bigger cars, bigger holidays. However, it is the quality of life in all those aspects which is important. You missing the point.

If you do not wish to state your opinion or if you have no opinion then that's fine.

Patronising I am not!