• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ What trigger(s) do you use to get into a trade ?

here here, an inverse head and shoulders reversal on the daily in line with the weekly trend..great set-up and happens all the time, on all timeframes (I just prefer higher TFs)

yep, so simple and obvious on the chart and highly consistent.

it's also very easy to spot when a trade is starting to turn against you using this principle

LONG ANSWER

Timing
That said, ideally, a good entry trigger will have a failsafe facility that will, hopefully, keep you out of trades that you don’t want to be in.

This made me curious. what do you mean? Do you have an example of this?

The setup must be contextual and technical perfect , thanks for that nugget.

Some great ideas here.....great thread

For me now as a scalper and using currency indexes to drive signals I am looking for,lead,currencies that are really driving the momentum on London session ......ideally either euro or gbp....

I adopt standard pa patterns on my currency indexes .....support and resistance plays......or simply playing them as they retrace back into the days trend .....that allows me to,bounce the Europeans off the usd as secondary currency ....or perhaps bounce the euro,off,the yen if it's more obliging.....

Usd is mostly always one of the currencies in my pairs traded.....I also,will take aud or the cad if they are volatile In the London session trading against the usd .....but only if the Europeans are flat and not giving me the momentum I need to make profitable scalps

N

Last edited:
Some great ideas here.....great thread

For me now as a scalper and using currency indexes to drive signals I am looking for,lead,currencies that are really driving the momentum on London session ......ideally either euro or gbp....

I adopt standard pa patterns on my currency indexes .....support and resistance plays......or simply playing them as they retrace back into the days trend .....that allows me to,bounce the Europeans off the usd as secondary currency ....or perhaps bounce the euro,off,the yen if it's more obliging.....

Usd is mostly always one of the currencies in my pairs traded.....I also,will take aud or the cad if they are volatile In the London session trading against the usd .....but only if the Europeans are flat and not giving me the momentum I need to make profitable scalps

N

Sounds great!

I use support and resistance lines.

I think this type analysis is still used many trader around the world, but to defined support and resistance area also each trader might hey have different view, some tarder use fibo line, some another might use pivot point calculator

Triggers do I use to Enter a Trade is first of all you understand Market Structure For Triggers,Trend Line Break Trade Triggers,Trigger Drawbacks.

I've been using a combination of support/resistance levels, stochastics and MACD on the 4-hour timeframe. Currently using a demo account as i'm new to trading. I like to trade ranges as this seems to be relatively simple. What are people's thoughts on this approach?

jees i missed this thread ....perhaps in on here somewhere ...cant remember :)

will take a look again

well done guys

N

Entry triggers just aren't important if you've got a great set-up.

I'd like to see charts labelled up the other way round to the usual practice - instead of "Buy down here, sell up here", I'd like to see "Stop-loss here, buy above".

Entry triggers just aren't important if you've got a great set-up.

I'd like to see charts labelled up the other way round to the usual practice - instead of "Buy down here, sell up here", I'd like to see "Stop-loss here, buy above".

Doesn’t a set up need a trigger tom ?

Sure I get the stop loss comment ......but we have to see when to enter ?

N

I've been using a combination of support/resistance levels, stochastics and MACD on the 4-hour timeframe. Currently using a demo account as i'm new to trading. I like to trade ranges as this seems to be relatively simple. What are people's thoughts on this approach?

Simply a trash, but glad to know you still stick to demo account. Don't rush to change demo money to live it can be painful.
Or at least reduce leverage as much as possible after making the transition.

TRading is simple ......but not easy :smart:

Stay on demos and only think about trading real cash when you are smashing regular profits .....demo is pussy cat stuff.......as soon as you go to real money the honeymoon ends

N

I use some triggers, but the most frequent are the absorption of buyers or sellers in high liquidity areas. you can see in the photo those areas

Attachments

• AGTC@DXFEED_screenshot_20190927_201424_779.png
    AGTC@DXFEED_screenshot_20190927_201424_779.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 348