What trading books would you recommend?

Best Trading Books for beginners
  1. Japanese candlestick charting techniques by Steve Nison
  2. Forex Trading: The basics explained by Jim Brown
  3. Currency trading for dummies by Brian Dolan
If you are looking for a book in an entertaining format, you can read Adventures of a Currency Trader by Rob Booker. Here you’ll learn about challenges a trader faces and how to overcome them, all with the help of anecdotes.
I agree with you about Steve Nison. If you are new to candlesticks then his book is the perfect one to get started with. The thing I liked best was that he told you to sometimes ignore buy and sell signals depending on where they were located in the bigger picture by looking at the entire chart that led up to the pattern. He also liked to use further confirmation sometimes rather than always relying on a single pattern.

Glad I came across this thread....I just recently got into reading about trading (although I've had a trading account for a while) and feel that some of these books could be helpful.

Market Wizards audiobooks:

The Sensible Guide to Forex: Safer, Smarter Ways to Survive and Prosper from the Start by Cliff Wachtel is what I read when I decided to start forex trading. I liked the book, as it explains a wide range of concepts in a user-friendly way. The last book on forex I read was 50 Pips a Day Forex Strategy by Laurentiu Damir.

Here is a video that briefly describes the book Trading in the Zone:

Trading in the Zone (complete audiobook):

Personally I have not read any book for trading but seen alot of videos of genuine pro traders who trades in real time and go live on Youtube. There explanations helped me out a lot in my learning.

Personally I have not read any book for trading but seen alot of videos of genuine pro traders who trades in real time and go live on Youtube. There explanations helped me out a lot in my learning.

If you suggest videos on Youtube that you found particularly useful for trading..
Thanks a lot.

That’s a good way to understand trading. You can analyse how they implement trading strategies, which will help you understand them better. So in future, you can create your own.
We will need to learn with the help of the Demo trading accounts along with the books.

@Resolve That's true! trading is a practical skill where you don't become a pro overnight. Implement everything you lean on a demo account.

@Resolve The time period for demo trading could vary from trader to trader. But typically, it takes 3-6 months. However, I think new traders should give at least 6-8 months.

@Resolve The time period for demo trading could vary from trader to trader. But typically, it takes 3-6 months. However, I think new traders should give at least 6-8 months.
I have done trading into the Demo trading accounts for a period of 6 months and then moved to the Real trading based accounts starting with the Micro Trading accounts where the Deposits are in the US Cents :)

Forex Trading- The Basics Explained in Simple Terms by Jim Brown is a good book to start with if you are a beginner. For someone interested in understanding price action, Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques is a must read.

The full audiobook of the book: Reminiscences of a Stock operator by Jesse Livermore:

Here instead a video that describes in summary the book:

Here is another audiobook: Jesse Livermore's Methods of Trading in Stocks:

How I Made $2,000,000 In The Stock Market (Nicolas Darvas):

Here is a video that explains the technique of Nicolas Darvas (you can find more on youtube):