What books do professional traders read?

Not sure what professional traders read, and I am not sure how to define a professional trader.

But if I have to say, I suspect that "successful professional traders", do not read anything about trading e "non successful professional traders" still read about trading.

Trading For Dummies. I hear this is a real big seller, along with 'Management For Dummies', 'Shopkeeping For Dummies', 'Bookkeeping For Dummies' and many more.

So everywhere I look I see the same recommended books: "reminiscences of a stock operator", "market wizards', "new market wizards", "trading in the zone", "trade your way to financial freedom", "trading for a living", etc etc etc, you all know the rest...

...but I was wondering what books do professionals read?

Now, either...

1. Before becoming a professional you were a newbie and thus you started with these books(like most people do) and later moved to other 'more-in-depth' and advanced books.

or...

2. You had no prior trading experience and you started working for a prop firm or a big institution(I'm assuming they said they'd train you) and they tell u what books to read and study from and which ones should u familiarize yourself with.

I'm asking these for various reasons. First of all, ALL websites and everywhere you see the same books being recommended(note: everybody's reading the same books yet still 80%-%90 of traders fail) and secondly, professional traders go against the herd mentality and fade what amateurs(newbie retail traders reading the same books) do.

I guess I'm trying to learn more of how a professional trader thinks, and what exactly does he know, or what's his mindset, what kind of literature does he fill his mind with? What books? What analysis? How does he analyze the market differently from the retail traders or newbies?

I hope the way I explained myself makes sense. :whistling

Are there any professional traders around here? I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting any.

Warning: I don't mean to imply that a professional trader is only one that works for big institutions. I just gave that example for the sake of an example.:!:

In any case...I was lately wondering what on earth these guys read after they've read all the recommended and classic trading books. :p

They read books from trading failures who never knew the right way of making money in the markets , but pretend to be successful traders , and make money from writing.

Great traders do not need to write books or sell education, they can earn $100 k a week instead of writing a book for 6 months.Behind every authoring genius is an ordinary fucxckin scammer trying to express himself.

Author trader makes 100 pips a week ,100 pips is $30,000 a week ,30 lots ,After 3 months the account trades $400 per pip , and $500 after 6 months , after 9 months $600 per pip and after 12 months $1000 per pip , using the extra profits. Why this this scammmer wrote book?

Last edited:
Truth ?

most successful traders (like sucessful authors) probably read very little regarding other trading advice or books .........they tend to walk their own path as reading other works can infect and cloud their thinking and judgement

N

Truth ?

most successful traders (like sucessful authors) probably read very little regarding other trading advice or books .........they tend to walk their own path as reading other works can infect and cloud their thinking and judgement

N

A successful trader does not want to listen to an authoring pretender , a proper fokenjinkle idiot.A successful author wants to listen to a successful trader for knowledge , and pretend to be a trader and sell books.