What trading books would you recommend?

drcruz

38 12
I am a fan of Peter Brandt who is a classic chartist. Learned his craft from 2 books:
1) the Edward's and Magee book (my personal favorite)
2) the Richard Schabacker book (currently reading)

I've read and enjoyed Brandt's first book and own his second book

Brandt admits there's no edge to classic patterns (may be 40% win rate) and that his edge comes from his money and risk management. Peter's first book talks about his trading plan in really good detail

Upgradzz

26 1
Which trading book is the best for beginners and traders venturing into forex for the first time?
You should go with “Currency Trading for Dummies” or “How to make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange: A Guaranteed Income for Life.”

TRADEMYSTYLE

20 4
I have heard a lot about this book “How to make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange: A Guaranteed Income for Life.” Is it really worth reading?

pipfighter

33 6
Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market by Kathy Lien is a good one. It covers complex macro concepts in FA and TA in a very readable fashion without loss of continuity!

BeDutch

11 2
Hi " Jesse", a reaction from across the pond. No I do not live in The Netherlands, I mean across the bigger pond. I live in Canada.
I have about 200 titles in my trading and trading related library ( MISTAKE # 1 ! Trading does not become any better or easier by reading more ( conflicting ) well intentioned books.
The book I mention because it has had such profound impact, on my own (Option Trading) is by Mark Douglas, "Trading in the zone" . May have an impact beyond trading. The other I will mention is about Warren Buffett " The Snowball " it can be summarized in one word FOCUS.
That is what Warren and Bill Gates agreed ,when asked at a dinner part by another guest , was the key to their successes. It also is consistent with my opening line LOL. FOCUS, easy to spell and remember, hard to consistently apply and practice.
So read, at least the intro of Atomuc Habits as well. You may learn something about British Speed Cycling LOL

Reactions: J Livermore

Simionluca

21 2
Hey, have you finished reading this? Please share your review, just want to know!
Yes. This book is quite interesting. It gives a piece of advice on how to maximize profits during high volatility. Also, he has talked about his unique Rejection Rule that doubles the profit of basic channel breakout systems. You need to read it.

IceThor

136 30
Even though I have a decent size library of investing & trading books, I’m always looking to add to my collection.

Does anyone out there know of a list of books that are must reads for traders? I like the classics as well as the new stuff.

I've read Market Wizards, The New Market Wizards, The Disciplined Trader, The Futures Game: Who Wins, Who Loses & Why, The Jesse Livermore books, and a number of others just to name a few.
Trading In The Zone by Mark Douglas

hatemypips

Established member
702 61
I am a fan of Peter Brandt who is a classic chartist. Learned his craft from 2 books:
1) the Edward's and Magee book (my personal favorite)
2) the Richard Schabacker book (currently reading)

I've read and enjoyed Brandt's first book and own his second book

Brandt admits there's no edge to classic patterns (may be 40% win rate) and that his edge comes from his money and risk management. Peter's first book talks about his trading plan in really good detail
Did anybody mention J Hulls derivative and financial instruments book. Very good introduction for algo traders

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock