What trading books would you recommend?

So I assume you are a profitable trader, using this book?

He's way ahead of you, Cherie, 3 months and you don't have a trade after all that big talk about using Technical analysis. Love the way you said, "I am essentially trading it on Technical analysis" ... Sounds like something Clint Eastwood would say except for the word, "essentially"

Jul 28, 2019
Good afternoon folks!

I have recently started to trade Natural Gas, but I am essentially trading it on technical analysis only.

Those books are the one I like

Oleg,

I’m interested in hearing about your experiences with the Price Action trading books. They have been on my radar for over six months but I’ve haven’t pulled the trigger and bought them.

How helpful have they been to your trading? Would they be helpful in trading stock index futures such as the S&P 500 or are they tailored for other instruments?

From the description I’ve read on Amazon they seem to be based on five minute charts (if I remember correctly) but can they be helpful for other time periods as well?

Any thoughts you can share would be appreciated.

Oleg,

I’m interested in hearing about your experiences with the Price Action trading books. They have been on my radar for over six months but I’ve haven’t pulled the trigger and bought them.

How helpful have they been to your trading? Would they be helpful in trading stock index futures such as the S&P 500 or are they tailored for other instruments?

From the description I’ve read on Amazon they seem to be based on five minute charts (if I remember correctly) but can they be helpful for other time periods as well?

Any thoughts you can share would be appreciated.

I like the books ( x 3 ) but not easy to read and you will probably have to read the books many times before you get something out from them.

You can apply information in the book on any Tf and probably any asset. I trade forex and gold with information from the book.
My Tf is H4 and D1

Good luck

This book was incredibly helpful for me (i’m a beginner), you should read it too.

I think it’s a must, I keep reading ( actually I listen this book and others on audible) and I always catch something new.

1. A Random Walk Down Wall Street. ...
  2. The Little Book of Common Sense Investing. ...
  3. How to Make Money in Stocks. ...
  4. The Most Important Thing Illuminated: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor. ..

"The Trading Methodologies of W.D. Gann" by Hima Reddy
This book is very helpful to learn different methods of Trading.

I tend to re-visit generalist books, like Tharps Trade your way to Financial Freedom, and Farleys Master Swing Trader.
Inspiring books, such as the Schwager series on Market Wizards.
Reminiscences, obvs! (bit of a standard, it seems)

One of new favourite channels, Patrick Boyle, has done a Top 10 Trading books.
This guy actually once worked with Victor Niederhoffer! Hows that for credentials?
Here's his list....

I tend to re-visit generalist books, like Tharps Trade your way to Financial Freedom, and Farleys Master Swing Trader.
Inspiring books, such as the Schwager series on Market Wizards.
Reminiscences, obvs! (bit of a standard, it seems)

One of new favourite channels, Patrick Boyle, has done a Top 10 Trading books.
This guy actually once worked with Victor Niederhoffer! Hows that for credentials?
Here's his list....

trendie,

Thanks for the video list of suggested books. I was very surprised to see Jim Rogers book “Investment Biker” on the list.

The book has been sitting on my shelves since 1995 when I met Jim Rogers and had the book autographed along with a personal message to me. I actually met him first online before meeting him in person. He remembered me.

Have I actually read the book after all these years? Well….that’s another story. I’m great at buying books but so sloooow in reading them. Actually, the real reason why I’ve probably put off reading it is because it’s more geared towards investing rather than trading. In the book Market Wizards, Jim said he considers himself an investor and not a trader.

I am a fan of Peter Brandt who is a classic chartist. Learned his craft from 2 books:
1) the Edward's and Magee book (my personal favorite)
2) the Richard Schabacker book (currently reading)

I've read and enjoyed Brandt's first book and own his second book

Brandt admits there's no edge to classic patterns (may be 40% win rate) and that his edge comes from his money and risk management. Peter's first book talks about his trading plan in really good detail