What the hell is wrong with me? Anyone else go through anything similar.

doberman

I spend about 3/4 hours analysing cable. Finally I'm sure. I find an entry point. Short. It's definitely turning around. I have confluence of several resistance levels both major and minor. PA is saying we're due a retrace. I even know where its going. It's marked on the chart with a big blue line. I know why it's going there. I've actually been waiting for this kind of move since last week when I missed the boat.

I've got confluence of this move on 6 tfs. Its weaker on the smaller ones but it's there. Have a look at an indicator. F-ck what they all say on the site they can pi55 off they aren't giving me money to trade I'm looking. A quick MACD shows a nice signal on the lowers and it's on the right side of the long term EMAs. I'm getting crazy confirmation here. I know I can read the charts now. I've been doing this a few months. No fear.

All I have to do is click short and sit back and watch the price drift away from the stop. Only thing left now is to decide whether to set a hard target or to watch the PA and exit manually.

Just a quick look at the 15 to see if I can get a nice entry signal and minimise the stop. Oooh look at that quasi-bullish pin... the level is quite gay and it's been easily absorbed in the longer tfs which is where I planned the trade but look at it. It's not that strong a candle as far as pins go but look. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe the price is about to swing and tw@t it's way through that resistance. After all you've only been doing this a few months. What if that guy in the thread you read before was right and it IS going higher. This could be your chance to get in on the ground floor. You've always wanted to catch one of these lovely swings.

Take it. Go long. Balls to the analysis it's gonna test the resistance again first on this tf and it might break through. How do you know it's a definite short. You see the momentum in the last 4h bar to break those levs? This could go higher.

Stopped out to the pip. Close the computer down. No revenge trading today. No more at all. You fail. Terrible mate. Can't believe you did that to yourself again. All those hours and you basically paid to do them. Again.

Welcome to 80% of my trades. What I wanna how the f do you learn to stop re-considering and just jump in. There's calculated risk and then there's this.

Also, who the fu-k is the other guy that talks to me. Stupid b*stard,

I spend about 3/4 hours analysing cable. Finally I'm sure. I find an entry point. Short. It's definitely turning around. I have confluence of several resistance levels both major and minor. PA is saying we're due a retrace. I even know where its going. It's marked on the chart with a big blue line. I know why it's going there. I've actually been waiting for this kind of move since last week when I missed the boat.

I've got confluence of this move on 6 tfs. Its weaker on the smaller ones but it's there. Have a look at an indicator. F-ck what they all say on the site they can pi55 off they aren't giving me money to trade I'm looking. A quick MACD shows a nice signal on the lowers and it's on the right side of the long term EMAs. I'm getting crazy confirmation here. I know I can read the charts now. I've been doing this a few months. No fear.

All I have to do is click short and sit back and watch the price drift away from the stop. Only thing left now is to decide whether to set a hard target or to watch the PA and exit manually.

Just a quick look at the 15 to see if I can get a nice entry signal and minimise the stop. Oooh look at that quasi-bullish pin... the level is quite gay and it's been easily absorbed in the longer tfs which is where I planned the trade but look at it. It's not that strong a candle as far as pins go but look. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe the price is about to swing and tw@t it's way through that resistance. After all you've only been doing this a few months. What if that guy in the thread you read before was right and it IS going higher. This could be your chance to get in on the ground floor. You've always wanted to catch one of these lovely swings.

Take it. Go long. Balls to the analysis it's gonna test the resistance again first on this tf and it might break through. How do you know it's a definite short. You see the momentum in the last 4h bar to break those levs? This could go higher.

Stopped out to the pip. Close the computer down. No revenge trading today. No more at all. You fail. Terrible mate. Can't believe you did that to yourself again. All those hours and you basically paid to do them. Again.

Welcome to 80% of my trades. What I wanna how the f do you learn to stop re-considering and just jump in. There's calculated risk and then there's this.

Also, who the fu-k is the other guy that keeps talking to me? Stupid b*stard.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Basically you don't know how to trade. There are never any certainties in trading and every trade should be approached from that standpoint in my view.

Paul

If that was the case then how would you ever commit? You'd just always be gambling :-S
I'm not saying you should not allow for error but that's what stops are for isn't it. I've always thought you should have conviction in your own analysis until price (and stop) proves you otherwise.
Esp in FX... there are levels that just HAVE to be sexed.

Hi lets beat this trading and make money
You let me know if you going long the cable il go short
I will let you know my trades so as you can do the opposite
you will have a 90% win rate and only giving me a 80% win rate
but i can live with that
To day could have been a good day for you as i am long us crude oil nov to the loss off 315pips

Last edited by a moderator:
m8
S/R has been around long enough for you to understand that pros knows where you gonna put your stop, especially when you av a FOMC Statement around that time.

but as long as you got the direction right keep trying, and eventually....

maybe your stops are too tight?
I used to be insistent on stops being tight ,not wanting to lose any more than is necessary. I lost and lost and lost, Now I'm a bit more relaxed with stops giving trades space to breathe it seems to help. esp on shorter TFs, can look a bit hairy at times but seems to come back 80%.
Also act fast and Don;t listen to anyone else.
Even the ones who use covert voice to skull techniques;)

now I must get up and get out on my zapoy.

Pretty sure aaronmalins started it then doberman replied?

delete this response after fixed :)

I wish I'd never discovered spread betting. I lost over 600k in two months. Although it's my own stupid fault, I feel like I've been robbed.

I wish I'd never discovered spread betting. I lost over 600k in two months. Although it's my own stupid fault, I feel like I've been robbed.

Claim insanity/mental retardation and sue.

ps. what's this "confluence" bollox all you people are spouting about these days?

Yes, I like to trade futures options spreads instead. Then I don't need a stop.
I like ratio spreads the best; the combinations you can come up with are infinite.
I love soybean trades the best.

ps. what's this "confluence" bollox all you people are spouting about these days?

Isn't this usually when an indicators, based on the underlying data move in the same direction as that underlying data.

To be really sure, it's much better to have 2 or 3 things that are based on that underlying data also moving in the same direction as the underlying itself.

In fact, why not have 10 of them & use different timeframes too :whistling

Sell it as it starts to move down, cut it if it doesn't keep going.

Buy it as it starts to go up, cut it if it goes back down.

Run it when it's going your way.

foredog is right, it really is that simple.

If you don't know what you're looking for, you won't know when you've found it.
The Rules of Trading (according to me anyway)
The Trade
1. Trade with the trend – no trend, no trade
2. Plan the trade, trade the plan
The Entry
3. Wait for the signal
4. When the signal comes, don’t wait
5. A weak signal is still a signal
6. Trade what you see, not what you think
The Exit
7. Never let the profit go back into the market
The Stop-Loss
8. Set a stop-loss on entry
9. Always obey the stop-loss
10. Don’t wait for the stop to be hit, close or cut losers early
The Sins of Trading
1. Trading against the trend
2. Trading without a stop-loss

Its inherent in trading that a %age of positions will be stopped out. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, its just a business overhead. If you did everything 100% right, it would still happen. Keep at it.

Claim insanity/mental retardation and sue.

"Confluence" is a price area where really rubbish traders have thier money taken off them by the better traders. Also known as a 'bullying area' or a 'dark alleyway'. Beware!

7. Never let the profit go back into the market

All the stuff you said sounded great, it's pretty much as the books say but in application it's a lot tougher. I decided to bring this point up. How do you never let a profit go back into the market? If I have a position with 50pips profit, are you saying I move my stop to lock in 49 pips? If the market drops 10 pips, then i've given 10 pips profit back into the market - thus breaking your rule.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but your trading clichés are a bit meaningless to read through - especially that point.

All the stuff you said sounded great, it's pretty much as the books say but in application it's a lot tougher. I decided to bring this point up. How do you never let a profit go back into the market? If I have a position with 50pips profit, are you saying I move my stop to lock in 49 pips? If the market drops 10 pips, then i've given 10 pips profit back into the market - thus breaking your rule.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but your trading clichés are a bit meaningless to read through - especially that point.

Yes "never giving back profit" is a bit counter to the idea of "giving a trade chance to breathe". If you believe in the latter, you have to accept that it can move both ways.

An alternative sentiment to "never give anything back to the market "it, which I read the other day is: "don't be greedy....leave something on the table for someone else...", which I think is really just a way of saying you are never going to get every bit of every move. Accept it and move on. [Dirk du Toit quoting his mentor, an old, seasoned trader].

Last edited:
The Stop-Loss
8. Set a stop-loss on entry
9. Always obey the stop-loss
10. Don’t wait for the stop to be hit, close or cut losers early

WTF... ol

Anyway I think you guys missed the point.
I'm trying to deal with the issue of analysing my chart and then throwing all my work out of the window when it comes to the entry.
Even if you think (or know lol) price is going down could go up. That is the reality. You can be wrong. Sucks but it's true.
I keep losing trades because I come to a conclusion e.g. the short in the OP (which was counter-trend tbf but when have I been one to go with the crowd ;) )and then while I'm waiting for a signal I'll find a reason to prove myself wrong. In this case it was a poor pin on the 15 which didn't even register on the tfs that I analysed which made me throw away half a days work.
I'll stop whining anyway now. New day new ops.

Btw a big thank you to Mr L McQueen for being the worst thread merger in existence :LOL: