What makes a good trader?

A good trader is one who focuses on his trading skills and not necessarily on his money. This is a physiological trick. When you concentrate on your trading skills and how to improve every time, I think you will be more confident when executing trades.

It is easier said than done.

One reason why we see so many analysts, authors and educators rather than good traders.

A good trader is one who focuses on his trading skills and not necessarily on his money. This is a physiological trick. When you concentrate on your trading skills and how to improve every time, I think you will be more confident when executing trades.

Confidence come with experience of using a consistently profitable method.Trading is very simple and highly profitable , and people with simple highly profitable methods find it difficult to implement them.

So what is the profit gap?

People with simple and profitable method cannot convince themselves that something simple cannot be the “method”, thus go on improving and tinkering with it until loosing time and trading capital in that process.

One Mr Albert Einstein aptly said “any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”

I've gone through years of chasing the complicated and being told that I was on the right track by many people who trade but I wasn't making any money. I finally settled on learning the technicals of market makers, they make money, and I have settled on scalping. I fought all my trader friends on this but now they want me to teach them. Just don't give up, even a blind man will eventually find the door.

Confidence come with experience of using a consistently profitable method.Trading is very simple and highly profitable , and people with simple highly profitable methods find it difficult to implement them.

So what is the profit gap?[/QUOTE]

the one between most Trader's ears ........:p

become a good trader is no different to becoming a good anything in life....

same rules
N

1, markets knowledge
2, working capital
3, never play all in in the game.

------------------------------------------
4, timing and a little bit of luck

Last edited:
Knowledge and total account management skills marks a huge difference between the bad and the good trader.

Many articles I've reason and people Ive spoken to say discipline and patience are the two traits which will make you. This is actually pretty darn good for psychology...Im muddling my way through this website and here is a set of 'trading affirmations' which I will probably put into action to help with my own psychology...I do find myself still jumping into the market for now reason so hopefully this will help!

TRADING AFFIRMATIONS ARTICLE
Trading Affirmations: for the Successful Trader's Mindset | The Lazy Trader

...also:

TRADING IN THE ZONE BY M. DOUGLAS

so after reading everything that I could ever find, I can say what makes me better trader is continuous practice and keeping my head high at all times.

Discipline, patience, knowledge and good account management is what makes a good trader trading profitably in the forex market.

Definitely discipline and money management skills. Although with just discipline and money management, it might not be profitable but at least it will help new traders survive in the markets.