Trader Monthly vs Tim Sykes

Directional

Experienced member
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09212007/gossip/pagesix/partys_over_for_hedge_king.htm

September 21, 2007 -- A WALL Street war has erupted between influential Trader Monthly magazine and boisterous money manager Timothy Sykes, who says he was rudely disinvited to its "30 Under 30" party at Gold Street restaurant celebrating young financial whizzes after his once-mighty hedge fund tanked.

"Everything was fine, and then I get a call from their p.r. lady telling me I was no longer invited," Sykes, star of last year's Internet reality show "Wall Street Warriors," told Page Six.

"Then I spoke with the editor-in-chief, Randall Lane, and he said I wasn't welcome. My friends couldn't believe it - they were like, 'What did you do to him, screw his girlfriend or something?' "

Lane says Sykes is a shameless publicity hound whose Cilantro Fund lost a third of its value since last year. In an e-mail to Sykes, he wrote: "Acclaim comes with performance. While you've been busily self-promoting, your track record this past year for yourself and your investors has been pitiful. Laughably horrid. If you ever again become a real trader - rather than ignore the hard work required to instead play one on TV - you'll be welcome in our community.

"Until then . . . we will have nothing to do with you, as we celebrate those who actually perform versus those who pretend to."

What a difference a year makes. In 2006, Sykes was not only the star of the "30 Under 30" bash, he was written up in the Times for turning $12,415 of Bar Mitzvah gift money into a $1.65 million fortune and launching Cilantro Fund Management, which became top-ranked by Barclays.

But Cilantro has suffered major losses, and in his new book, "An American Hedge Fund," Sykes slams the market, writing: "I would like to thank the thousands of inept corporate management teams, shady brokers, boiler rooms, stock promoters, market manipulators . . . for your endless scheming and undying greed without which my fortune would never have been possible."

Lane told us Sykes no longer fits in with Trader Monthly's audience: "This guy has decided to become Mr. Media as his hedge fund loses money." But Sykes said Lane and his magazine are losing face. "For the editor-in-chief of a magazine I used to worship, this is crazy," he said. "It's a slap in the face."

Loser Sykes Luck Runs Out and Self Publishes Book To Make Some Money Off Of Newbies and Suckers.....

Maybe Timothy Sykes will find some type of work which will allow him to succeed; but trading and self-publishing books will not allow him to actually contribute to society, and Sykes admits that he continues to lose OPM.

After reading Sykes book, story can be summarised in a nutshell:

1) Timmy made money trading the NASDAQ bubble(along with everyone else), and he did not demonstrate good money management. Basically, "lucky monkey" effect....

2) Timmy has not made money trading in the last 5 years because his luck ran out, and the bad risk management.

3) Timmy is trying to make money off his '99-'02 track record, while lying about his trading failures over the last 5 years.

4) Timmy has averaged less than 1% annual return with his Sykes/Cilantro "hedge fund" since 2003. So, investors would have been better with interest bearing checking account.

5) Timmy lies that "..my Fund bleeding has stopped...", but actually he lost his investors very large amounts of money throughout 2006-07, including continuous losses every month of Summer 2007. Sykes Fund "Bleeding" has not stopped, but rather continues as Sykes has lost over a third of his investors money since Jan 2006.

I just saved you the $20 book fee. Book is not worth reading even if you get it for free....

Sykes Closing Failed Cilantro Fund: DOWN -37%

Tim Sykes said: "..It'll be a lot easier for me to teach 1,000 people to make $10,000 ..."

Uh oh....Here is a warning about Sykes/Bull**** Express:

1) He closed the failed Cilantro Fund because it had an audited track record which documented his failures, then

2) Now, with the Fund closed he can Bull**** his "trades" to newbies and suckers. For example, Sykes will name a bunch of possible trades and then take credit for anything that works.

3) Sykes will not have any audited track record; so all aboard the Bull**** Sykes express!

Having read the book it seems obvious why his fund went bust:

Zero risk management
Trading strategy of betting (literally) on news items affecting penny share prices

Timothy Sykes is a hypocrite.

After I discovered severe corruption at Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, I wrote a fully documented message detailing the allegations, which I posted on Timothy Syke’s website.

In a very short time, my message was deleted. When I contacted Sykes, his excuses ran the gamut from “the file size was too large” to “the message doesn’t fit the theme of our website” to “you don’t write good enough”.

Timothy Sykes is not a prophet who exposes “manipulative forces at work in companies, the media, ANALysts, etc.” as he proclaims. Timothy Sykes is a liar who probably works *for* the manipulative forces as a facade of opposition.

If you would like to receive a copy of my message about corruption at Eurostat that includes graphics, please contact me via private message.

Hes made more money the last year than most, and with very few trades. Hats off to him I say, completely transparent too, unlike most who like to brag. (y)

I've read his book, cool story but he buggered up by investing in a penny stock. Ever since though, i don't see how he's a bad trader, he's called live trades for the past 2 years and is consistent...

Whining suckers out here are just so jealous for his profits. 99% of people out here are just losing their cash.

PH

PARTY'S OVER FOR HEDGE KING - NYPOST.com

September 21, 2007 -- A WALL Street war has erupted between influential Trader Monthly magazine and boisterous money manager Timothy Sykes, who says he was rudely disinvited to its "30 Under 30" party at Gold Street restaurant celebrating young financial whizzes after his once-mighty hedge fund tanked.

"Everything was fine, and then I get a call from their p.r. lady telling me I was no longer invited," Sykes, star of last year's Internet reality show "Wall Street Warriors," told Page Six.

"Then I spoke with the editor-in-chief, Randall Lane, and he said I wasn't welcome. My friends couldn't believe it - they were like, 'What did you do to him, screw his girlfriend or something?' "

Lane says Sykes is a shameless publicity hound whose Cilantro Fund lost a third of its value since last year. In an e-mail to Sykes, he wrote: "Acclaim comes with performance. While you've been busily self-promoting, your track record this past year for yourself and your investors has been pitiful. Laughably horrid. If you ever again become a real trader - rather than ignore the hard work required to instead play one on TV - you'll be welcome in our community.

"Until then . . . we will have nothing to do with you, as we celebrate those who actually perform versus those who pretend to."

What a difference a year makes. In 2006, Sykes was not only the star of the "30 Under 30" bash, he was written up in the Times for turning $12,415 of Bar Mitzvah gift money into a $1.65 million fortune and launching Cilantro Fund Management, which became top-ranked by Barclays.

But Cilantro has suffered major losses, and in his new book, "An American Hedge Fund," Sykes slams the market, writing: "I would like to thank the thousands of inept corporate management teams, shady brokers, boiler rooms, stock promoters, market manipulators . . . for your endless scheming and undying greed without which my fortune would never have been possible."

Lane told us Sykes no longer fits in with Trader Monthly's audience: "This guy has decided to become Mr. Media as his hedge fund loses money." But Sykes said Lane and his magazine are losing face. "For the editor-in-chief of a magazine I used to worship, this is crazy," he said. "It's a slap in the face."

Sykes is an a**hole and a total conn artist. He's got the worse reputation around and is known more as an infectuous internet troll than a trader. That's why he got banned from Trader Monthly and other trading magazines who won't touch this attention seeking crapper. Everyone who has dealt with him say the guy is simply a turd.

Sykes is an a**hole and a total conn artist. He's got the worse reputation around and is known more as an infectuous internet troll than a trader. That's why he got banned from Trader Monthly and other trading magazines who won't touch this attention seeking crapper. Everyone who has dealt with him say the guy is simply a turd.

Surely, we could think of a better adjective for this lovable, enduring, knowledgeable and exceptional helpful individual?

:clap: