What is your goal?

What is your goal? Must choose the one most important to you.

• To be a trader.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • To make money.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

AriaS

What is your goal? Must choose the one most important to you.​

But why is there only one choice? At first it seems, that both answers not only do not contradict each other, but are one and the same. If they are, then how is it, that so many traders keep trading even though they are not profitable for years? It seems that they choose "to be a trader" over "making money". What was their initial main goal?

Last edited:
Surely there is only one choice as you have created a rigged voting system?
you might have simply wanted a hobby

Surely there is only one choice as you have created a rigged voting system?
you might have simply wanted a hobby
What is rigged about it? I asked to choose the one that is the most important to a person. It has to be one. What would be the point of this poll if people could vote for both the options?

What is rigged about it? I asked to choose the one that is the most important to a person. It has to be one. What would be the point of this poll if people could vote for both the options?
because YOU have decided that a hobby isnt one of them. How is that fair that you have decided that there are only two options rather than a multitude of others

because YOU have decided that a hobby isnt one of them. How is that fair that you have decided that there are only two options rather than a multitude of others
I have decided because I created this poll. You can post YOUR poll and include any options that you want.

you neednt have given two options then if you already know what you wanted to hear. clearly others isnt one of them

I had this conversation with someone recently. There’s a very specific reason why I want to be a trader. The money is very, very, very important to me, obviously, because that is what initially got me into trading. Trading has been SO hard and I could have given up to explore other options like starting a business (which is something that I know with certainty is possible); whereas, trading initially seemed to have much less certainty. There was even a time where I thought it was maybe luck and impossible. Then I read scientific articles and asides by other people that said that trading IS possible and not simply random. Then it became a matter of “how much do I want it.” I want trading for the money, sure. The lifestyle, absolutely. But more than ALL of these things combined, I want to be a trader because I’m extremely competitive and I want to beat the dang thing. I have succeeded in many other avenues in life and this is one I am ABSOLUTELY determined to beat. It will be a massive boost to my own self worth if I can beat the impossible and succeed at what is supposedly one of the hardest things imaginable. I want to be a trader because I WANT TO WIN

To be fair, being a hobby is probably more leaning towards simply wanting to be a trader instead of money