What is the best strategy to grow an account quickly?

GPC09

I am curious as to what you feel is the best strategy and setup (charts, indicators, time-frame) to grow an account quickly--without high risks. Is scalping the preferred method?

In general, fast grwth goes hand in hand with higher risk.

Otherwise: short trades, enough back money not to require daily profit (take some days off after a bad day). Scalping - depends what you are comfortable with. I rather prefer short term, keep some positions overnight.

What is fast for you? In lucky weeks you may get 100% with little capital risk (risking purely profit), in others you may be happy to break even.

I am curious as to what you feel is the best strategy and setup (charts, indicators, time-frame) to grow an account quickly--without high risks. Is scalping the preferred method?

Sadly you are living in a dream world.

An optimistic newbie who thinks trading is as easy as a walk in the park.

Trading is not so.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as growing your account fast with no risk, or everyone would be doing it all the time. When you first start up you should just take it easy and build up your account gradually. Just trade with small amounts and then when you have a bit of money behind you, then start trading with higher amounts.

leverage yourself to the hilt*

*(i am of course joking and do not suggest you do this in any way, shape or form)

Idea: Get rich quick trading.
Result in real world: Lose capital quickly

Learn how to trade and learn how to control yourself first of all, otherwise you'll have a better chance (zero) at the Mandalay Bay. At least you'll lose it in nice surroundings.

I hate posts like these.

There is no strategy that grows accounts fast that anyone can teach, there is only learning how to trade through bloody hard work and maybe then you can grow your account 'quickly'.

I agree with the other responses, including everyonerich.

It is a basic fact of trading life and life in general that the quickest and biggest rewards are accompanied by the biggest risk.

This is why the rank outsider in a horse race will be offered to you at, say, 100 to 1. You are being rewarded for accepting the largest risk of losing your money. If you were lucky enough to win you are paid handsomely, but the chances are greater that you will lose everything.

So growing an account quickly without high risks is a fallacy. Aim at growing it consistently and gradually. As trading skill and experience increase risk will continue to fall as you develop a propensity towards high probability and high profitabilty trades.

Also by protection of your capital through avoidance of high risk trades and good money management account size will continue to increase and compounding will become more and more significant.

This is the way to grow your account to be sure of a long and successful trading career.

Charlton

1) Analyze the Daily and Weekly Charts

2) Take a scalper's entry combined with Optimal F position sizing

3) Use a position trader's exit