What indicators do you look for most?

NVP

Legendary member
36,588 1,857
no indicators move markets ............

everything we do as traders is designed to identify situations in demand / supply dynamics to anticipate movement

N

J_C_Anderson

121 19
At the same time,large institutional players also pay attention to the indicators and make appropriate decisions. They mostly use various Moving averages, for example, 200 SMA on Daily and 30EMA on 15. They could also use VWAP to define the average price. As they execute relatively large orders, they could sometimes even influence the price in the short-term perspective. That is why it is important to pay attention to the indicators too.

fibo_trader

Experienced member
1,305 23
I've been in and out of the markets for a number of years since I was in high school. I'm finally at the point in my life where I've got some real cash I can try intelligently investing (not gambling). I've been doing heavy research for some time and two questions keep coming up.

How do you tell what is a swing from a full blown reversal.

What indicators do you rely on for your entry strategy and why? There are a million theories out there but so far they all seem to be a bit wishy washy in the why area?

Quit now, find or keep your day job, this is not for you - OBVIOUSLY. Just when you've got some real cash, you're ready to lose it all. Nice!

You're calling the millions of indicators out there "wishy washy" ..... ? In the wishy washy dept. you make 'em look like saints, Chief.

Quit now and save your family from destitution.

Peter5510

5 3
If you are able to write script in your charting software system, then write a script to track the number of days a stock stay above 50 days simple moving average for a period of 1 year. The screen results should have ticker symbols and the corresponding number of days above 50 days SMA. Sort the numbers in ascending order and count the number between 1 to 10, 11 to 20 and so on. Plot a histogram with those observations. Conclusion: Be patient, do not rush in too early.