What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

BRETTUS - "I trade about twice a week. Sorry if i have too much time on my hands to help Tony know that he won't be better off anywhere else. It's true that i'm an amateur though. Some amateurs get lucky though"

Big mouth for an amateur

I'm an amateur too. We're just trying to help. Stop scalping. You'll blow up again.

BRETTUS - "I trade about twice a week. Sorry if i have too much time on my hands to help Tony know that he won't be better off anywhere else. It's true that i'm an amateur though. Some amateurs get lucky though"

Big mouth for an amateur

Trading is not about luck. It is about risk management. Its like me saying I got lucky with some bird I met at a function. I go to function, give orf my pheronomes at the dames and sure enough one is bound to come over and ask me to go to bed with her. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Forgot one.
You need to understand psychology to be a trader. The best coach you can have is a psychologist. WAFLOB.
There are some in the industry who sell their services as a shrink to help the unsuspecting trader. One of them even says he has coached the Special Air Service.
These people are invariably ******s as are those who think they need that kind of help.

Last edited:
PLAY THIS VIDEO BEFORE CONTINUING

Classic BBC Radio Theme ~ Pick Of The Pops - YouTube

and here we go.....

Hi there top-pickers! starting out the stupidest things I have ever heard on a trading forum, and a non-mover at number 5 is

5) Anything that involves arbitraging one spreadbetter against another

... and dropping down 2 to number 4 this week we have

4) pretty much everything that involves an indicator or expert advisor in Metatrader

...Now, up one from last week at number 3,

3) Anything to do with "hedging", which actually involves trading a correlated product and hoping for the best. Or worse, hedging eur/usd with gbp/usd - or even worse than that - hedging a long eur/usd possie with a short eur/usd possie

... nice, mate! Now, this week's chairidee case comes in at number 2, and is

2) Everything ever said by Black Swan

... which leaves this weeks pick of the plonkers, and at number 1...

1) Everything I learned about trading options I learned in flight school

NOT 'ARF!

(y)

The most annoying things I’ve read are in relation to tight stops such as:

1) Tight stops will keep getting hit
2) Tight stops get hit more often
3) You need to widen your stops in a volatile market
Etc.

Dumbest thing said is: Spread betting companies don’t like scalpers.

Some of the "dumb" things used to think to myself. (As i don't trade on others advice).

MISTAKES in thinking that have proven me wrong.

Its gone down since i bought it therefore it must go up (averaging down and vice versa).

Its gone down therefore its cheap.

Its gone up therefore its expensive.

It can't really go any lower as its gone down enough.

Its gone up and it can't go up any higher.

Its a bargin.

Its out of whack with the fundementals therefore its gotta go up/down.

"Experts" (who are so good they usually work for others ironically) know more than you do.

You need to be inteligent (degree wise) to be able to trade properly.

Technical analysis does not work.

Emotions don't play a role in the markets - its all factual.

Different trading stratgies that are seemingly oppersite (e.g fundemental vs technical) can't fit together and BOTH work.

A company has to have value/be worth something for it to go up.

That the markets are efficicent/inefficient.

That there is a holy grail of trading/investing to the markets.

That money management is irrelivent.

That everyone has to agree on something otherwise its wrong.

"Value" will work all the time.

Your can trade/invest like Warren Buffet (or other successful person) even though you only know generalities about them which in which their methods have taken them decades to fine tune their style.

You need to be good at maths.

Maths is what matters.

You need an analytical background to be able to trade.

Your losing/they're winning because they are professionals and know what they are doing and you don't.

You need to win more trades/times than you lose to be successful.

These are some of the beliefs that i used to believe but now do not as such through my personal experience - however they can arguably be argued for or against.

Last edited:
Cut your loss and let your profits run...

Might not be a dumb thing to say but very annoying especially when you are in the heat of the battle..

The number one idiot thing said by that noob shadowninja: Gold's at $600... it'll never get higher.

:LOL: :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Where is Howard Cohodas?

I dunno but I know where his broker is

08_ddl_lgl.jpg

The philosophical approach that says" I lost 25000 but, never mind, it will take me a few months to get some more together, then I'll be back again"

That, to me, is the stuff that make brokers happy men and keep markets moving.

The philosophical approach that says" I lost 25000 but, never mind, it will take me a few months to get some more together, then I'll be back again"

That, to me, is the stuff that make brokers happy men and keep markets moving.

Split, it's obvious from some of the posts that several posters here and on the bad fill thread either don't trade or are very inexperienced or just don't completely understand how it works.

Peter

Split, it's obvious from some of the posts that several posters here and on the bad fill thread either don't trade or are very inexperienced or just don't completely understand how it works.

Peter

Peter, it is something more than that. It shows a complete lack of respect for the money that they are frittering away. I know that money has lost a tremendous amount of value over the decades that I have been here but, still, whether GBP/$US/ Euros, 25000 is a lot of money and represents, in many cases, much hard work.

Because they do not respect it, they throw it at the markets but the people taking that money do respect it. That is the difference between one side and the other.

From another thread about Forex.
I don't use a broker though.

I use esignal for my data feed. There are over 200 contributors to this feed. It is not one broker.

I'm also well aware of the differences between spot (tick volume) and futures volume.

This from a complete **** who has a strategy based upon spot forex volume. Like there is such an accurate reading.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: