What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

Will formal education make people better in gambling then ?

well yes, depending on the subject. Statistics for example. I remember Arabianights told a story of how he used sports betting to arb his way to a "handsome" 7p return. Those geezers down in william hill will never learn yer dat!

it will definetely not make them better in gambling
btw . what you mean when u say gambling ?

Gamble: offer money or something valuable on a bet. (Uncertain outcome). Hoping to win additional money or whatever you threw down with as your bet.

However, you'll hear that trading is not gambling since there are "many tools of the trade" to help you make an informed decision to make money. I guess the only traders that "gamble" would be the new ones that have no idea what they are doing?

The USD/CAD is normally inversely correlating with EUR/USD. But today it's not working. Both fall at the same time since 12:00 GMT. So anyone knows what's going on ? I don't have a news source. Is some bad news expected for CAD ?

here we go

"Don't trade that timeframe, it's all noise. Trade XX timeframe or higher"

"Price action/S+R/Market profile/TA/indicators don't work, and you'll never be able to make any money from them"

"Vendors can't trade and should be banned" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"I'm starting a journal to teach you all how I trade/want to give something back (lol)" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"Discretional trading can't work" or "I don't know any successful traders who trade that way..."

"I'm still sure the system works but..." (After someone just blowing their account, or continually trading a losing system)

"The algos are making it impossible for me to profit"

"Don't trade that timeframe, it's all noise. Trade XX timeframe or higher"

"Price action/S+R/Market profile/TA/indicators don't work, and you'll never be able to make any money from them"

"Vendors can't trade and should be banned" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"I'm starting a journal to teach you all how I trade/want to give something back (lol)" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"Discretional trading can't work" or "I don't know any successful traders who trade that way..."

"I'm still sure the system works but..." (After someone just blowing their account, or continually trading a losing system)

"The algos are making it impossible for me to profit"

some good ones there mate.

anything with 'turbo' in the name.

anyone who says 'lets go pippin'

anyone using an '89 tick chart'

1: SL already at +1
2: Only posting already winning positions.
3: Posting levels and after a bit of retracement: " I told ya"
4: Posting "it could shoot up from here... or down" and later quote that post and "I told ya"
5: A lot of "may", "could"...

From another thread about Forex.
I don't use a broker though.

I use esignal for my data feed. There are over 200 contributors to this feed. It is not one broker.

I'm also well aware of the differences between spot (tick volume) and futures volume.

This from a complete **** who has a strategy based upon spot forex volume. Like there is such an accurate reading.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

It shows that it's you who don't know what you are talking about :)

what you mean when u say gambling ?

Gambling: buy something hoping to sell it for more.

Trading: buy something and set a selling price that guarantee a profit.

The two are so close that most cannot distinguish between them. But I can say most are doing the first kind, including you. The banks are doing the second kind. This is why banks own shiny tall buildings, and you don't.

Gambling: buy something hoping to sell it for more.

Trading: buy something and set a selling price that guarantee a profit.

The two are so close that most cannot distinguish between them. But I can say most are doing the first kind, including you. The banks are doing the second kind. This is why banks own shiny tall buildings, and you don't.

I haven't got a shiny, tall building. But I do have a thick, veiny shaft.

Now you're interested, aren't you Joe?

You keep it where the sun doesn't shine. Clearly you got shafted by the banks so often that your reflexive response to anything at all is to drop your trousers.

Dash reincarnate?

maybe not the stupidest but definitely rather dumb is:

"trading is a zero sum game"

stupidest was already mentioned:

"95% of all traders lose"

You keep it where the sun doesn't shine. Clearly you got shafted by the banks so often that your reflexive response to anything at all is to drop your trousers.

Joe, it's so long it sticks out the bottom of my trouser leg - and that's only with a semi lob-on.

It used to scrape along the ground when I walked. In the end, I had to put a caster on the end of it to stop the friction burns. Lovely thing, it is - solid brass, salvaged from an 18th century dumb-waiter leg I found in a salvage yard.