what does FUTEX do ?

If they achieve 7k into your coffers, you mean?

No. Futex sponsor traders. Its hugely expensive, to sponsor new traders. We give £500 per month to our sponsored students, not the other way round. Two and frequently three staff are put to this resource. Then we put up considerable funds for them to trade with. The audited cost of our training comes out as a multiple of the figure you gave.
I assume you have no really followed this thread closely, the discussion was not about the minority who pay for our expertise.

Hi,

To anyone with the direct experience; would you be willing to provide some insight in to the format/questions that are likely to be asked during the Futex 1st round interview?

I realise there are other threads concerning this - but most are extremely old and/or immediately descended in to a flame war about the pro/cons of Futex as a firm.

Much obliged!

Hi FUTEX,

Can I ask you two questions?
When the graduates successfully finish your trainee course (Trading Academy)
1.are they still being paid 500 pounds per month or only receiving split earning?
2.do they need to pay your trading floor fees and how much is it annually?

Hi FUTEX,

Can I ask you two questions?
When the graduates successfully finish your trainee course (Trading Academy)
1.are they still being paid 500 pounds per month or only receiving split earning?

They are paid for 5 months to cover expenses. It is not something that needs to be paid back.

2.do they need to pay your trading floor fees and how much is it annually?

desk fees, commissions, etc come from the Futex trading accounts set up for the trainee. This means that Futex are taking all the risk (ie, if the new trader does not cover his costs - Futex are the party who wear all the costs)

To anyone with the direct experience; would you be willing to provide some insight in to the format/questions that are likely to be asked during the Futex 1st round interview?

what is the point of knowing what they could ask you , your knowledge and competence is examined by test and I suppose when you pass that test they only want to meet you and check out what kind of person you are because they intent to work with particular type of people (as it is in every other company), I think.

Our particular kind of people are bright, ambitious and hard-working. That's about all they have in common.

I know a guy in your latest batch of recruits - he's bright, ambitious and hard-working....

It was very interesting to see someone go through the application and interview process and be one of the very few recruited.

I hope you both make lots of money together! (y)

Futex, I'm nearly finished uni but not sure whether you're right for me or not; I don't want to sound cocky, but I can trade very well and have 3 years account performance to prove it. My worry is that firstly, I swing trade only, with perhaps 5-8 setups per month- is Futex a scalpers' only firm? I know this has been asked earlier in the thread but I get the feeling from looking at the website, and from 99% of prop firms being this way, that Futex would be much the same.

Secondly is whether you would let me trade my own style if I were to join? Is it possible to enter as a graduate and jump straight into trading my own style without the training programme?

Thanks

Why do you want to work at a prop firm? If you're only doing 5-8 trades a month, there's probably not much benefit for you.

Why do you want to work at a prop firm? If you're only doing 5-8 trades a month, there's probably not much benefit for you.

Isn't it pretty obvious why a graduate with no money would want to get backed rather than trying to trade from £500?

SybilCut,
what has been posted by Futex in this thread stands. You are asking for re-assurance, but sadly we are not babysitters! I am glad you are doing well with your trading. If you think Futex may be a good partner for you then apply. If you do not, then do not. If you are not sure then I suggest you make investigations that will help you make up your mind. Clearly this forum is only a starting point for those who wish to find out more. Futex have open days and evenings, if you wish to explore please check the website.

SybilCut,
what has been posted by Futex in this thread stands. You are asking for re-assurance, but sadly we are not babysitters! I am glad you are doing well with your trading. If you think Futex may be a good partner for you then apply. If you do not, then do not. If you are not sure then I suggest you make investigations that will help you make up your mind. Clearly this forum is only a starting point for those who wish to find out more. Futex have open days and evenings, if you wish to explore please check the website.

If I want to become a partner what exactly does it require? My account performance is good but it's not a 6 figure account!

SybilCut,

You'd probably do better networking with some individual traders that want to diversify out, they would probably look at you like more of a business investment.

I think FUTEX on average focus more on daytrading and earning a higher return on capital due to the higher frequency of trades (my speculation).

They have a process and business model that works for them, there are plenty of other avenues for you to go down regarding trading your own style. I personally started with swing trading over several weeks/months and have now transitioned into daytrading at a prop firm. I also trade value stocks from home.

I wouldn't bother trading value stocks or swing trading at a firm - if anything I'd rent my own office with traders that have good but different skillsets to my own. A more aggressive guy, a Zen chilled out dude and a super analyst - but then thats starting to sound like a hedge fund.

Give spreadbetting a go to see if daytrading is for you; then apply to FUTEX if you think it would be a strategic relationship.

If I want to become a partner what exactly does it require? My account performance is good but it's not a 6 figure account!

SybilCut,
you need to come and see us if you wish to discuss trading opportunities on a personal basis. This thread is for answering questions about Futex. Hopefully we will see you soon and you can relay your experiences back to T2W good or bad as you feel appropriate.
kind regards
Futex