Futex Investment & Trading Academy - is it worth the it?

yea sorry for not being clear, but i am not sure what kind of answer you are seeking.....

after the 6 months you either continue trading on the sim using all the equipment that they provide for free or you trade on the live market and you make money.

As far as I understand, you have 3 month of theory and then 3 months on simulator. then if you have a person completely new to trading are you going to allow this person to jump in live from the simulator after 3 months?. Highly unlikely, and as far as I am concerned the instructors warned that the process of developing a profitable trader could last up to 18 months.
Therefore some of the grads have to support themselves somehow during this time.
I dont think you can train a trader in 12 weeks.
Am I clear now?
In fact when I look into it once again... it appears a very good way for Futex to minimise risk, when looking for talents.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
after the 6 months you either continue trading on the sim using all the equipment that they provide for free or you trade on the live market and you make money.

When I am ready to go I would do with my old pc as well

you have 3 months theory and sim and 3 months on the live market. After that you go for a split on the profits and 100% back from futex. Were causes that people can start on the live market sooner, depending on their performance on the sim.

Ofcourse the intructor has to warn that the process might take longer. But fortunately all depends on you, if you are good then you trade with real money very soon. If you are not the process will be longer or maybe you will never make it. It is all up to you and how hard you are going to work.

and as far as your last sentence every company is looking for the best employees with the minimum cost. I dont see anything bad on this.

you have 3 months theory and sim and 3 months on the live market. After that you go for a split on the profits and 100% back from futex. Were causes that people can start on the live market sooner, depending on their performance on the sim.

Are you sure? I thought is 3 months theory and 3 months on sim, then live.
Ofcourse the intructor has to warn that the process might take longer. But fortunately all depends on you, if you are good then you trade with real money very soon. If you are not the process will be longer or maybe you will never make it. It is all up to you and how hard you are going to work.
Do you really believe you can make fresh starter profitable after 3 months on sim?

and as far as your last sentence every company is looking for the best employees with the minimum cost. I dont see anything bad on this.

How about Tibra, Schneider not to mention IB? I believe they do have fully paid grad schemes, at least Tibra..
Eurex maybe no?

Last edited:
Are you sure? I thought is 3 months theory and 3 months on sim, then live.

Do you really believe you can make fresh starter profitable after 3 months on sim?

How about Tibra, Schneider not to mention IB? I believe they do have fully paid grad schemes, at least Tibra..

All depends on you mate, if you are good you leave the sim in less than 3 months, if you are not good you stay longer. They have different stages you better contact them for more information because i am not the HR of futex.

Believe me, it is better to lose money on the sim...when you become consistent you can move to live market. It is better for them to move you as soon as possible to the live market and start making money, because while you are on the sim you only cost money to them.

As far as i know schneider doesnt pay for the training and they let you trade only spreads. Not sure about Tibra.

I am not sure if 3 months would even pass standard Gentzen's consistency proof mate

farewell and good NFP trading, I hope I could clear things better for you

Have to say this all sounds like a load of BS to me. Good companies recruit graduate traders in a very scientific way these days, they're pretty sure they're going to be successful and they pay them a salary from day one. It does take at least 18 months to become any good at trading, remember that to earn good money in ANY occupation, it doesn't come quickly, whether that be being a doctor, lawyer, businessman, drug dealer, you need to be trained, learn the ropes, build up your position. Most professions take at least 8 years before you make good money - so why do people think they're going to be making the same money as a top private surgeon, after only 3 months in the business?
Paying £7,500 may give you some great training, but the chances of them taking you on after this is absolutely minute. You can of course use what you learnt trading privately, but it will take you a long time before A) you stop loosing money. b) you start making a small amount of money. c) you make good money. Remember, retail spread betting/CFD/Futures broking companies never talk about how sucessful they're clients are......., because 95% of them loose and drift out of the market having blown any money they had.
You don't have to believe this, but in my opinion anyone not taking this on board is living in a fools paradise - I know, I've been there!

Skill Leverage, I live in Oxford, I didn't go to the University. By the sound of your tone, you have an inferiority complex about your education?

[x] went to a top 3 university
[ ] enjoys smug, ill-conceived banter from newbies

[x] Oxford is a ****hole

Oh, did I ever say Oxford was great? Do I care a s*** whether you like it or not? Smug?, are you not a smug 'oldie'?

Er, sounds like some more of your oldie smugness? Off to the pub this evening in your XJ8 for a G&T old chap?

Have to say this all sounds like a load of BS to me. Good companies recruit graduate traders in a very scientific way these days, they're pretty sure they're going to be successful and they pay them a salary from day one. It does take at least 18 months to become any good at trading, remember that to earn good money in ANY occupation, it doesn't come quickly, whether that be being a doctor, lawyer, businessman, drug dealer, you need to be trained, learn the ropes, build up your position. Most professions take at least 8 years before you make good money - so why do people think they're going to be making the same money as a top private surgeon, after only 3 months in the business?
Paying £7,500 may give you some great training, but the chances of them taking you on after this is absolutely minute. You can of course use what you learnt trading privately, but it will take you a long time before A) you stop loosing money. b) you start making a small amount of money. c) you make good money. Remember, retail spread betting/CFD/Futures broking companies never talk about how sucessful they're clients are......., because 95% of them loose and drift out of the market having blown any money they had.
You don't have to believe this, but in my opinion anyone not taking this on board is living in a fools paradise - I know, I've been there!
Check out The Turtles. Anyone of the many books on the subject of teaching trading, such as The Way of the Turtle. The startling truth is that these guys started beiing highly profitable after only two weeks!

remember that to earn good money in ANY occupation, it doesn't come quickly, whether that be being a doctor, lawyer, businessman, drug dealer

This is a joke isn't it ?

Paul