What Can I Do?

TheBramble

Legendary member
I need some help.

A friend of mine has an almost perfect system. Virtually 100%. The problem is - they're an obsessive-compulsive and a liar. And I don't know what to do to best help them.

They've been posting stuff on another bulletin board.

They claim they can predict market movement in indices, stocks, commodities - pretty much everything except FX. Too bad.

The thing is, they have some 'personal' problems and find it very hard to communicate with other human beings effectively.

I've suggested to them that they simply post, say oh, I don't know, 10 trades ahead of time and refrain from going back and editing them when they turn out wrong. They tried this, but they got the normal po-faced questions from unbelievers about 'proving' their system and 'being right' - peasants. They don't deserve my friend.

Anyhow, she (yeah, it's a lot more difficult than you can imagine trying to be someone you're not) then started doing some weird stuff.

Instead of just deleting posts out of spite so people wouldn't benefit from them at all - she just edited them to let them know all the 'good stuff' had been deleted. 'Punishing' them for not accepting her word without proof.

Then, she started to try to form an elite club by 'choosing' a few faithful and pretending to have got lots of emails and PMs (she called them IMs) from willing disciples. I told her how sad this was and how nobody believed her and that it wasn't helping her 'condition' but she wasn't listening.

She then launched into an absolute typhoon of verbiage on those boards on all sorts of trading-unrelated stuff and pseudo-sceince (but got most of it wrong) and instead of simply pushing her point home (100% almost trading system) by posting real trades, ahead of time, carried on after numerous 'goodbye I'm leaving forever' posts into selected discourses with tame members of her bulletin board and worrying the site admin with storage capacity problems.

Please help me. I want to help her.

My feeling is that she should simply post 10 live trades ahead of time for all to see, without question. Her trading system is 'spot on'. It'll come up trumps every time. No sweat. That will kill all the jackals - stone dead -no argument - make them look stupid - She'd win without having to post anything other than those trade predictions (unambiguous ones of course).

She couldn't go back and edit any of these posts/trades or course. But she seems reluctant.

What can I do?

sulong said:
Be a gentleman, and say "yes dear", then move on.
Thanks sulong. Good advice. I guess she'll end up doing what they all do in the end regardless. I'll move on too I think with this one. Can't do much more than I already have.

sulong said:
I can't imagine why you waste your time posting such garbage Tony.
Not with you Salty? If you don't have anything pertinent to say about my post, why bother posting anything?

TheBramble said:
I need some help.

What can I do?

Dear confused,

It really is most ungentlemanly of you to expect your lady friend to put up. This seductive temptress is clearly a tease and will empty your wallet buying her grossly expensive drinks of flavoured water whilst laying her hand on your thigh and whispering promises of the most magnificent sex before she disappears leaving you a sadder and wiser man.

It is no use proclaiming that she is all fur coat and no knickers since her smile is so beguiling that your friends will not listen as they cluster around her. I can only suggest that you enjoy her company for what it is and, although you may discuss many fantasies with her, get your real satisfaction elsewhere.

Aunt Margie

Sad ,innit. But I know where you'er coming from, even if no- one else does. :cheesy:

is it me, or is there an 'in-joke' going on about which all of us bar bramble and chartman have no idea? All I can sensibly say is Happy Xmas!

It is hard not to laugh when you see someone trying to share an almost perfect trading system. There have been several attempts on TTW before and they seem to involve other TTW members parting with cash. I suppose that is the only perfect system ever published here, don't bother trading, just find something you can sell. Of course, I am being far to sceptical. There must be lots of people making perfect trading systems all the time and deciding to waffle about them here rather than make money with them :)

How about waffling about them here while you were making money with them? If you were the waffling type, let's say? Where else would you prefer to waffle about them? Isn't that one of the purposes of this site? Or has The Bramble's friend been asking you for money?

If you actually had a clue, it would be a miracle. Instead, it’s a sad (and all too common) tragedy. The uniformed who don’t even know that they are uninformed are the most common of all tragedies.

Roberto said:
How about waffling about them here while you were making money with them? If you were the waffling type, let's say? Where else would you prefer to waffle about them? Isn't that one of the purposes of this site? Or has The Bramble's friend been asking you for money?
But Roberto, you only have to perform a perfunctory analysis of the linguistic structure and form of my friend's wordage (I was going to type verbiage, but 'acreage' came to mind - don't know why). She's not well.

(BTW - I'm not going to point to the boards or her postings as some here on t2w would not be so concerned or as kind as we. Dignity must be maintained. She is after all, a person. Deeply flawed, but still another human being.).

I'm the first to agree that her mental instability could have led to her developing, by chance or otherwise, a humdinger of a system. But that same perceived isolation from humanity which led to her 'need to prove' quest also leads to delusions of reality.

When no such system materialises in reality - she creates in her own dream world - and truly believes it. It's more like a faith. All 'Faith' requires unwavering and implicit acceptance of issues which cannot be proven empirically.

Only those who doubt their faith feel such a strong need to defend it.

It would be sad if it were not so humorous.

"How about waffling about them here while you were making money with them? If you were the waffling type, let's say? Where else would you prefer to waffle about them? Isn't that one of the purposes of this site? Or has The Bramble's friend been asking you for money?"
-------------------

LOL!

It Should Be Illegal To Be This Blind

12/21/04 @ 9:30pm

“I also called the eur/usd to go long at 1,255 with a target of 1,3390 this was hit, its posted on this thread in advance. I also said im going short if it breaks 1.3362, Im willing to post along side TV to compare my simple method to his complex method if he wishes. not that its a competition just to prove a KISS method can be just as good or better than a complex method of trading.

CJ”
-----------------

12/21/04 @ 9:32pm

“Which means you just got triggered Short the EURUSD…..

Tradevector”
---------------

12/21/04 @ 9:32pm

“Now, I've just entered my Long position at 6:36pm pacific at $1.3363 which is just one pip above your Short entry. My target is $1.3430 and it is a dynamically controlled target – so it will change as time goes on. My event horizon is 2 hours to 48 hours. I could give more detail, but it is not necessary since this is not a Trade Profile for the purposes of having people evaluate my system.

Tradevector”
--------------

12/22/04 @ 11:49am pacific

EURUSD Long (by Tradevector):

Highest High: $1.3407 a gain of 44 pip and a 88% net profit at session peak.
Current Close: $1.3392 a gain of 29 pips and a 58% net profit at present.

EURUSD Short (by CJ):

A 45 pip loss at peak.
A 30 pip loss at present.

“When no such system materialises in reality - she creates in her own dream world - and truly believes it. It's more like a faith. All 'Faith' requires unwavering and implicit acceptance of issues which cannot be proven empirically.”
-----------------

LOL!

“Only those who doubt their faith feel such a strong need to defend it.”
--------------

LOL!

“It would be sad if it were not so humorous.”
--------------

ROTF LOL!

Oh, so funny. :) And, quite embarrassing, too. How blind can they be… Somebody put this guy out of his misery, please. Misery just loves company (is so true).

Bramble

I shocked!!! Tell us just who do you think this "she" is

Really?

No it can't be...........

rosemary999 said:
I shocked!!! Tell us just who do you think this "she" is

Really?

No it can't be...........
I really can't say Rosemary. It wouldn't be fair.

However, it seems she's taken some of my advice. Her posts are diminishing in number and length as she runs out of steam and as the audience lose interest.

She's done this before though and she's well enough behaved. She's now in the 'any thread will do' phase which is generally the penultimate one before the blow-off. Once the final curtain comes down she'll rest up for a bit - get back to her medication and go through the motions of living a normal life.

Until the 'urge' begins to gnaw at her once again and she sets off in search on another board. I don't think it's treatable. I think t2w needs to be on its guard - just in case she targets us.