What can be done to scammers?

I am not suggesting that scamming should be ignored. The politicians have the resources but we, the people need to play our role and make sure they do enough to drive scammers out of business. Saying it's not our problem or keeping quiet as you seem to be suggesting just lets the criminals off the hook.

If we don't push the politicians nothing would be done to stop this menace imho.

One day, I'm sure, technology will be able to locate scammers, the same as mobile phones can be located, today. UIntil that day arrives I don't see the police being able to deal with this problem, except for the relatively odd few cases

We have to learn to identify these calls and hang up- It isn't rocket science to not part with your money, is it?

Good Day everyone,

So I must admit I was scammed, by Infinity International Group. I wish I had found this forum sooner as to not have lost my money.

My question is what can be done and how do we stop these scammers, I see allot of articles about the same company that scammed me. Is there not something that can be done to stop these people?

Hi Jason,

Phishing emails can appear to come from any financial organisation so to avoid being scammed by that then never click a link and enter your password, no matter how genuine it looks also never give your password or pin number over the phone. If you think you have been scammed then stop sending money to the firm and the individuals involved and tell your bank, building society or credit card provider

You should also report this and you can approach a number of organisations. You can report it to the FCA (they have a consumer help line). You should also report it to the police through their Action Fraud line and they will be especially interested if you sent money to a bank account by money transfer. You can also contact the Office of Fair Trading.