What are you watching now?

Amazing how quick someone can go from likeable, to a knobhead...

;)

United! United! United!

at least we've shared the same manager ......too boring supporting teams that win hardware.....i like to suffer !!!

at least we've shared the same manager ......too boring supporting teams that win hardware.....i like to suffer !!!
We've all shared the same manager, although we had the best of him at Chelsea :giggle:

Richard Herring interviewing Maria Konnikova.
She is a journalist who became a successful poker player.
He is a comedian who allegedly throws coins into faces of women he's had sex with.
(thats a RHLSTP in-joke)
I was struck the overlap of the mindset of a poker player and trader.
eg, focus on process, and not to fixate on outcomes, esp if they are negative.
Covers psychology, perceptions, (of both the game/trading and of the self/confidence)
Hubris, learning, mentoring, luck (and how we think bad events are someones fault, but good luck we misattribute to our own brilliance!)
There are indirect references to survivor bias.
Really liked this one.

Will take a look.....meanwhile we are tackling Game of thrones again....to series 3 now so its sticking

ive tried a lot of pilots lately across the networks and few really making an impact ...they are all regurgitating stuff...wheres something original ?

Will take a look.....meanwhile we are tackling Game of thrones again....to series 3 now so its sticking

ive tried a lot of pilots lately across the networks and few really making an impact ...they are all regurgitating stuff...wheres something original ?

Watched 2 episodes of Criminal last night. Netflix.
Police procedurals. In same vein as Line of Duty.
No car chases, no explosions, no exotic locations, no special effects.

Police interrogation of suspects in one room.
Relies entirely on good writing, strong plots, twists and reveals, and decent acting.

I'm bored of my diet and looking for inspiration for new recipes. This is the latest vid in my history:

I find his random aggression very entertaining

Last edited:
Now I'm not so much watching as reading, and I like to devote time to such an occupation even more, honestly. I would also advise you to read more, although I understand perfectly well that people like to consume content more precisely through video perception. Here is a cool site - I think at least you should pay attention to it, as there is a lot of useful information there.

I completely relate, even though I love watching different things, reading has been my biggest love ever since I was a kid. It recharges me like nothing else, and I like collecting quotes from books I love. In times when I work a lot and feel physically tired, though, the balance definitely tilts more towards watching things than reading.

Now I'm not so much watching as reading, and I like to devote time to such an occupation even more, honestly. I would also advise you to read more, although I understand perfectly well that people like to consume content more precisely through video perception. Here is a cool site - I think at least you should pay attention to it, as there is a lot of useful information there.
You said it right mate.

Brutally funny. Refreshingly politically incorrect.
That YouTube algorithm knows me too well.

I'm watching my all-time fav movie The Inception of one of the finest actor Leonardo Decaprio and enjoy my drink with it and enjoy watching it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some quirky well produced, exceptionally topical drama to while away 'lockdown' ...

Viewer Discretion Advised: XXX 18+ Adults only.
Violence/ blood/ brutal murder/ etc. yadda, yadda, yadda, yawn.

Ya get the drift.

😈

Been reminiscing about oldies. Started off with Orson Welles.
Ended up with this old, old and rare interview with Katherine Hepburn.
Wow! What a difference in the quality of talent, poise, style, class she had compared to what we have today.
A fascinating life; a golfer, would-be surgeon, burglar(!), and a movie star.
There are two parts, below is part 1.
Notice in the early set up, her total confidence, not diva-ish, in setting up the stage, before deciding she was ready for the interview!

If you have Netflix, can I recommend that you watch "The Queen's Gambit"? Absolutely brilliant. I'm grateful to Sharky for putting me on to this.(y)

A really good summary of the 12 Labours Of Hercules, with enough detail and narrative to be educative.

at the moment we are revisiting some classics during lockdown !

On the last series again now of the Sopranos .....just as good as last time

Trying to get wife to watch Sons of Anarchy (will be my second time) - shes not biting

may revisit Breaking bad again ...i just cant get into it !!!

too soon to go back to the Walking dead ......maybe in 6 months time

the vikings is legendary but again too soon

as is the epic Game of thrones watched in december

most of the new stuff on amazon and Netflix and Sky is cr*p ......

like the Tribes of Europa on Netflix .....seriously .....?.....my 86 year old deaf mother in law could have dubbed that better
spare me ....

anyone got anything worth pitching to me ?

otherwise i'm soon back on even britbox pulling out older classics from the archives

N