What are you reading now?

Sharky

Admin
5,554 293
Posing the question is a similar vain to What are you listening to now? and What are you watching now?

These days I spend a good chunk of my free time reading. It's mostly trading books, although I go through phases of reading programming and business books too. Novels don't get much of a look in, and the cooking and gardening even less so. I'm always on the look out for recommendations for new books; so hopefully this thread might uncover a few gems, trading or non-trading ones.

Sharky

Admin
5,554 293
I'll get the ball rolling, with what came through the letter box today: The Short Book on Options.

I thought I'd pick up a copy, as it's a short book (well, we're all time poor, no?) and I'm enjoying currently reading Mark Wolfinger's Rookie's Guide to Options . It's a good primer for trading options. Some of it's a little repetitive but it progresses at a good pace, and there's plenty of practical tips on the trading side.

IMG_20190311_135742.jpg

Akinozragore

43 4
I read two books.
The first is umberto eco history of ugliness. I love Umberto very much and have read all his works of art. Now I started reading a historical book.
The second book is Technical analysis by Schwager. I read similar books, but I think that one more will not be superfluous. Yes, and Forex constantly need to learn something to earn.

I try to read 50 pages daily, but I would like more. I read one book for about a week, and it turns out that in a year I read about 50 books. It seems to me that this is very small and I want to increase the number of books. I hope that soon I will have a lot of free time.

Mariaoffw72

7 1
Right now I am reading the complete Harry Potter saga, I am in the third book, I decided to read them because they told me that there are many details that do not appear in the movies and that certain doubts were going to clarify me with the original story.

fibo_trader

2,190 44
Just got my nth joke collection, nice leather bound with a beautiful ribbon and carrying case .................

reading this one on page 6 now

A man saw a lady with big breasts. He asked, "Excuse me, can I bite your breasts for $1000?" She agrees, so they go to a secluded corner. She opens her blouse and the man puts his face in her breasts for 10 minutes." Eventually the lady asks, "Aren't you gonna bite them?" He replies, "No, it's too expensive."

trendie

Legendary member
6,204 996
Real Magic by Dean Radin.
fringey-science, but he takes a scientific route into understading ESP, altered states of consciousness, and the mind-body problem.

Yesterday, received my copy of Liber Null / Psychonaut by Peter J Carroll, a primer on Chaos Magick. A tad occulty.

malaguti

2,369 459
Clenow's "Stocks on the move".
as soon as i code it up and test it, i'll share the results

Madalyn

22 0
Posing the question is a similar vain to What are you listening to now? and What are you watching now?

These days I spend a good chunk of my free time reading. It's mostly trading books, although I go through phases of reading programming and business books too. Novels don't get much of a look in, and the cooking and gardening even less so. I'm always on the look out for recommendations for new books; so hopefully this thread might uncover a few gems, trading or non-trading ones.
Trading in the zone

Pat494

Legendary member
13,751 1,380
What with the net etc. I haven't read a good book for years.
In order not to state the obvious too much I find that authors often disappear the story into the religious/occult theme. Yawn !
Sheer laziness I know but do I really care what politicians have to say years after minor events ?
I find now I watch lots of TV. Documentaries are interesting and real life dramas like opal hunting/gold digging in Oz has it's ups and downs.How will Kelly escape bankruptcy. Will little Mary escape the clutches of big Ivy in storage wars etc.

Last edited: