We're Hiring! T2W Content Editor

thanks timsk

are they vetted? do the great and the good have to prove they have track records of successful trading?

if someone is making proven live calls and getting a good strike rate then for me it gets interesting what they have to say.
I've no idea - but I'd guess not. What I do know is what I'd do if Paul and admin' invite me to apply for the job and appoint me to the post. My manifesto would be along the lines of:
1) Have a cull. The Articles section is starting to mirror the main boards, IMO. It appears to be about quantity rather than quality, and the pearls to dross ratio is moving in the wrong direction. Less is more. Thinning out the content will stall the decline and, with luck, halt it completely. Much like a library, out of date stuff that nobody reads ought to be removed - like this article which is specific to the market in 2006:
T2W Day Trading & Forex Community
2) I would not publish anything that looks like it's the result of a Google search and merely a cut 'n' paste job from another site - especially those that are little more than a plug for said site.
3) Encourage many, many more contributions from T2W members. I read lots of stuff which, IMO, is worthy of inclusion in the Articles section and is better than much of the stuff that's already there, sourced from outside T2W. (Frugi did exactly this in my case when I initially posted the 'Trading Plan Template' on the main boards.)
4) Canvass the opinions of members to find out what articles they want. For example, do we really want more articles about exotic options strategies? My guess is not. Canvassing members' opinions will find out if I'm right - or wrong. Either way, it's a win win situation for T2W.
Doing the four things above will help to inject a bit of life into the section and make it more dynamic, meaningful and useful to the membership.
Tim.

I've no idea - but I'd guess not. What I do know is what I'd do if Paul and admin' invite me to apply for the job and appoint me to the post. My manifesto would be along the lines of:
1) Have a cull. The Articles section is starting to mirror the main boards, IMO. It appears to be about quantity rather than quality, and the pearls to dross ratio is moving in the wrong direction. Less is more. Thinning out the content will stall the decline and, with luck, halt it completely. Much like a library, out of date stuff that nobody reads ought to be removed - like this article which is specific to the market in 2006:
T2W Day Trading & Forex Community
2) I would not publish anything that looks like it's the result of a Google search and merely a cut 'n' paste job from another site - especially those that are little more than a plug for said site.
3) Encourage many, many more contributions from T2W members. I read lots of stuff which, IMO, is worthy of inclusion in the Articles section and is better than much of the stuff that's already there, sourced from outside T2W. (Frugi did exactly this in my case when I initially posted the 'Trading Plan Template' on the main boards.)
4) Canvass the opinions of members to find out what articles they want. For example, do we really want more articles about exotic options strategies? My guess is not. Canvassing members' opinions will find out if I'm right - or wrong. Either way, it's a win win situation for T2W.
Doing the four things above will help to inject a bit of life into the section and make it more dynamic, meaningful and useful to the membership.
Tim.

Now that's what I call a constructive post!
Sharky, get one of your tech people to teach timsk the tech stuff he might need and then give him the job !
Richard

If you want more interest then may I suggest you re-start the Dow weekly/monthly competition preferably with prizes ( ok so noone expects the prize to be up in the 6 figure range unless you're paying in lire

P.S. you can have my considered, analytical, algorithmical, linear NN forecast (some would call it a guess) but not for free

:clap::clap:

A much fairer system of scoring than the old system would be to have on a weekly basis 100 points for the correct direction PLUS 100 points for a spot on forecast, 99 points for 1 point away, 98 for 2 points away etc. With scores tallied up after each week for a 4 week total eventually.

A much fairer system of scoring than the old system would be to have on a weekly basis 100 points for the correct direction PLUS 100 points for a spot on forecast, 99 points for 1 point away, 98 for 2 points away etc. With scores tallied up after each week for a 4 week total eventually.

Perhaps I am wrong but I think you ( Paul ) could invite sponsorship from various sb and other companies and make them bid for it ? Or am I way off track here ? If I knew how to upload results HTML or whatever I might even offer to host it ( my maths is fairly poor )
Anyway up to you of course.

Perhaps I am wrong but I think you ( Paul ) could invite sponsorship from various sb and other companies and make them bid for it ? Or am I way off track here ? If I knew how to upload results HTML or whatever I might even offer to host it ( my maths is fairly poor )
Anyway up to you of course.

I THINK YOU ARE SPOT ON PAT!

Articles are everywhere on the web with infinite sites.

Why not have competitions (perhaps sponsored by adverts or T2W) and watch your membership and participation rise. There is nothing quite like the colour of money to focus ones attention.

Why not have articles written and voted for on a weekly basis with prizes for the one that gets the highest vote. I'm thinking £1K per week or month depending on your guys budget with £10K or + at the end of a year for top participant.

Have trading systems run against each other to see which returns greater returns.

Have a ladder board where members can challenge each other for pips.

Participation backed with rewards.

Get advertisers / sponsors to give away prizes.

Then hook the articles from the winners or participants or observers into what the winning strategy or outcome was based on 20/20 hind sight vision... Yeah baby... That'll be grrrreeeeaaaaaaaattttt!

How about a formal experiment or study of trading approach and patterns. Similar to that freak show on TV. Simply conducted on the Web.

I think there must be enough participants and members to really draw interest already. Get advertisers to sponsor it. Win Win Win scenario imo.

Finally - (in all honesty guys I don't watch big brother) but how about setting up a vid cam trading room and people trade and we vote them out based on trades / winnings and psychology.

I reckon it depends how far you want to take it all...

BIGGER the BETTER imo.

Make sure you do some capacity planning & stress testing too cause you don't want your site to melt down in all the publicity... :!:

Just a quick update for all those that have applied for this position. We'll be reviewing all applicants this week; so as long as you got your resume over to us before today, we'll consider you for the role. Please note we've been unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications; but as long as you sent it to [email protected] we will definitely have received it.

Hi Paul,
Out of interest, how many (serious) applications have you received? The fact that you're unable to acknowledge receipt of them all suggests it's a very large number indeed!
Tim.

Sure.. we've had about 25 in total, which considering we've only advertised on T2W I think is pretty good - perhaps not the 100s that my comment may have implied! Actually the reason for that is more to do with the fact I've unexpectedly been on the road for the past couple of weeks and Eamonn's been on holiday too. We're all back now, so going to look through the responses this week.

Hi Sharky - I'm an IT Recruitment consultant back in the real world. Can post an ad out for you if you want?

fxg

Thanks FXGreg, but we've received enough applications as it is; plus it's really not that suited to an IT crowd - as it requires more of a focus on editorial and research skills. Thanks all the same! :)