Were all going to hell !!!

What if our ultimate goal is to give trading profits to various charities? What if trading means we don't have to go to work and can dedicate our spare time to doing charity work?

Last edited:
If it wasnt bad eneough having days where you just want to bang your head against the wall, we always had the hope that tomorrow will be better.

But not any more........

BBC NEWS | UK | Archbishops condemn City traders

At the end of our days we now have a special place reserved for us in the " traders realm " :devilish:

I see the Bishops are poking their noses into things they don't understand. Perhaps they should first of all sort out their own problems: gays / embryology / hypocracy / encouragement of procreation in the world's poorest countries? ... etc etc

Weren't these the guys who originally maintained the earth was flat?

PS. Talking of Hell: saw a nice T-shirt the other day with words on back something like: "I'm back from Hell because it was full up". Nice one to wear for those trades that were crap and should have caned you, but by luck came good!

Last edited:
Reactions: BSD
I have no interest in belonging to a special club worshipping some kind of omnipotent being that is so vain he insists we gather together once a week to tell him how wonderful he is.

So if one of his fan club wearing a sparkling cloak with a silly hat and staff starts telling us we're evil I really couldn't be bothered.

I was recently on the recieving end of some dissaproving mutters and "tut tut tut, you should be ashamed" kind of thing when people found out I was a trader...

... it really p!sses me off when people make judgements about things they have no understanding of.

I was recently on the recieving end of some dissaproving mutters and "tut tut tut, you should be ashamed" kind of thing when people found out I was a trader...

... it really p!sses me off when people make judgements about things they have no understanding of.

Tell them to f**k off.

I do, no problem at all.

They're the ones who need disapproving of. Though they're probably just jealous. Sure, you're not doing something truly useful like brain surgery, but then............

Trading is a beautiful thing -

you are bothering or harming no one. Free from all the workplace mind games, etc.

Trading is a true meritocracy, as you definately earn & deserve whatever profits you do or do not make.

You are freeing up one more space in the rat race, for someone who truly needs that job.

I'd give such people a wide birth.

I really dont give a f*** what people think of what I do for a living.

But I do object to the self righteous jumping on any negative fact and claiming it as a goal for the religous police.

My Father in Law who is the most God fearing man I have ever met, church 5 times a week and all that, bought some category S shares from a boiler room 12 months ago, he had asked me to help get them delisted, but b******s to that now, going to tell him that apparently the big man upstairs doesnt do "traders " anymore and he shouldnt have been so greedy.

PS J Trader, I dont do religion and I dont do apostrophes :)

Religion is very closely tied to politics. Maybe not visibly so, but the underlying tie is always there.

are these the same people that expect their pension to be worth more than the money they originally invested?
or expect their current accounts to give them interest?

where do they think this monetary growth comes from? the money fairy?

Rant

Rant:

the media are mostly to blame IMO; anyone catch panorama the other day? a Dummed down, subjective view of how traders and bankers are all to blame for people struggling to keep up with their mortgage payments, an old boy who lost 2/3rds of his savings from the downturn in HBOS shares etc... a woman who lost her Job in a support role at Lehman...

... it's the popular media that exaccerbate the problem; traders + bankers, as a general rule, are easy targets for popular culture - always have been, always will be.

the fact that

a) It's mostly the governments fault, both US and UK

b) the same popular culture attaches a level of popularity / attractiveness to those who exhibit conspicuous consumption; this weeks new shoes, see what the hot celebs are wearing (affluenza I think it is known as), "bling", Cable TV, 40 inch HDTV's etc... (if you want to see what I mean, just go to your nearest dodgy area; more satellite dishes that you can shake a stick at) and so on - the problem is that its the morons who fall for such things are usually not in a position to afford it, so they put it on their credit card. They spend so much on TV etc that they are so engrossed in the Jeremy Kyle show that they forget to get off their **** and get jobs. Ergo they cant afford to pay their credit card bill.

c) Sorry grandad, but you shouldnt have bought the shares if you couldnt accept the risk (we'll breeze over the diversification issue). Tough. NS&I have been around for long enough for you to have heard about them, under any and all of their guises. Same for you lady; people lose jobs - that is the problem with having one and taking it for granted. Yes its unfortunate, but you are not entitled to any special treatment.

d) And as for people struggling to keep up with mortgate repayments; well, the same goes. When you signed on the line, you agreed to accept the risk that mortgage payments are subject to change. If you didnt understand it, then tough again. Dont know what LIBOR is? well, seeing as it kinda determines how much you are going to pay for your house, you should have bloody found out!

e) None of the above has got anything to do with me, or any one group of bankers / traders. Sub prime mortgages are a by product of legislation that went through in the Clinton era (AFAIK, Bush made a few attempts to stop it, but congress turned them down). They were inevitable, and a by-product of political correctness, which in turn is a result of the victim culture we have created ourselves.

f) for decades "people" (a massive generalisation) have been living beyond their means, simple as. Now the bill has arrived, defaults are occuring up and down the country. Because "people" were spending so much borrowed money, interest rates had to rise to curb inflation. Higher inflation + interest meant people had less "real" money, to spend, so much so that they couldnt afford to cover the payments on money they had already spent. Barclaycard are less likely to get your money than they were, any fool can see that. Abbey National are less likely to get your mortgate payment that they were before, because the size of the payment hads gone up relative to your income. Therefore the credit worthiness and projected income are going to be less for barclaycard and Abbey National as a cumulative result of excessive consumer soending. Result - "credit crunch".

...seem to go unmentioned.

"Sub-Prime", "Bad Credit" are not products of the imagination of traders / bankers who fancied bigger bonuses, they are the product of the 80's - 00's culture. End of.

One last thing, (seeing as Im on a rant I'm going to whether you like it or not), "Bonus Culture". On this issue I will give some ground, benchmarking results in a bull market mean fantastic payouts for some Beta returns; yes, largely unjust. However, it p1sses me off when the press slam the packages of top bankers and CEO's of banks because of their "Bonus". "Bonuses" are not what people imagine them to be - it is, infact, part of the package. You would be very hard pressed to find someone capable of running some of these organisations on a six figure salary alone; a "bonus" isnt a "suprise", it is part of the renumeration package that is half expected, half an incentive. Furthermore, don't give me sh!t because I'm earning more than you. It doesnt matter if you think I deserve it or not, you havent got the foggiest what it is I actually do. Me getting good money doesn;t come at your expense - unless you were on the other end of one of my deals, in which case you had BETTER know what you are doing, so it serves you right.

(on a side note, watched "trawlermen" last night about fisherman - struck me as a profession quite similar to trading, a nice analogy - same mix of knowledge; understanding; experience. Fisherman, though, are not labelled as compulsive gambers , are they!!).

(feel better for that).

No - thats more a case of politics trying to tie itself to religion.

Religion is tied & does tie itself to politics, fulfilling political agenda's etc. eg. Catholic church & the club of rome.

The Pope and the NWO

Fair point. I suppose logically, religion is just another political party though rather undemocratic!