I'm going mad with SB brokers please help!

STOP THE PRESS!

Just checked my email and CMC have announced today they have a whole new spreadbetting platform and system which means no requotes!!

From the email:

We've rebuilt our spread betting platform from the ground up - including CMC Markets' revolutionary new pricing and trading engine.

Central to our new platform is 100% Automated Execution -
which means:

No requotes - so you can trade with confidence
No dealer intervention - just consistently competitive pricing
Point, click, trade - experience exceptional real time pricing and execution

...if this is true and it really works properly then maybe it's the end of "Steal4Free" reputation and a whole new brave world for CMC to storm ahead to be No.1 in the world of SB brokers? We could truly start seeing SB being as good a "real" trading vehicles finally!

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Hang on... just looked at webpage and saw "live prices" ... Dow Jones 30 is 4 points spread... hmmm... SmartLive is 2. Cable is 3 with CMC, it's 2 (I think) with SmartLive, etc... ok the no requotes promise is tempting but the spreads aren't.

No. As you will see from past postings, CMC are not at all competitive when it comes to spreads.

No. As you will see from past postings, CMC are not at all competitive when it comes to spreads.

Sigh. Cowboys stay cowboys right? So they probably are telling the truth with the "instant no requote fill" thing, but they compensate for this by just having slightly wider spread.

Again, sigh.

Ain't something for nothing this game is it? LOL!!

Staying with SmartLive, just spoke with customer service there about couple of things and even they sounded genuine. Really looks good so far, as I said before, and the chance (FINALLY!!) to spreadbet with charts (MT4 in this case) that actually look and feel good and have good features is so refreshing!! Every demo chart I have ever seen through SB companies have been cr*p. I used MT4 a while ago and liked it. The combination of the two (SB + MT4) works perfectly.

My money's staying on SmartLive.

I gotta pick one afterall, right?! :p

alphachaser300: what makes you think that? To my knowledge they still offer everything they always have.

Sigh. Cowboys stay cowboys right? So they probably are telling the truth with the "instant no requote fill" thing, but they compensate for this by just having slightly wider spread.

Again, sigh.

Ain't something for nothing this game is it? LOL!!

Staying with SmartLive, just spoke with customer service there about couple of things and even they sounded genuine. Really looks good so far, as I said before, and the chance (FINALLY!!) to spreadbet with charts (MT4 in this case) that actually look and feel good and have good features is so refreshing!! Every demo chart I have ever seen through SB companies have been cr*p. I used MT4 a while ago and liked it. The combination of the two (SB + MT4) works perfectly.

My money's staying on SmartLive.

I gotta pick one afterall, right?! :p

alphachaser300: what makes you think that? To my knowledge they still offer everything they always have.
One live SB is not enough, you need to have one more up and running in order to be able to hedge a position, this in case your main SB temporally goes down.

I wonder why they (cmc) dont use metatrader?

maybe as a option, to get some traders that a interested in automated trading?

STOP THE PRESS!

Just checked my email and CMC have announced today they have a whole new spreadbetting platform and system which means no requotes!!

From the email:

We've rebuilt our spread betting platform from the ground up - including CMC Markets' revolutionary new pricing and trading engine.

Central to our new platform is 100% Automated Execution -
which means:

No requotes - so you can trade with confidence
No dealer intervention - just consistently competitive pricing
Point, click, trade - experience exceptional real time pricing and execution

...if this is true and it really works properly then maybe it's the end of "Steal4Free" reputation and a whole new brave world for CMC to storm ahead to be No.1 in the world of SB brokers? We could truly start seeing SB being as good a "real" trading vehicles finally!

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Hang on... just looked at webpage and saw "live prices" ... Dow Jones 30 is 4 points spread... hmmm... SmartLive is 2. Cable is 3 with CMC, it's 2 (I think) with SmartLive, etc... ok the no requotes promise is tempting but the spreads aren't.

One live SB is not enough, you need to have one more up and running in order to be able to hedge a position, this in case your main SB temporally goes down.

Some SB brokers let you hedge now on one account.

Plus I think 1 account will be enough to start with. If the platform goes down then I don't trade (and ring to close any open trades on the spot!). The thing that surprised me most with trading successfully (demo) is you need to not sweat it over not being able to trade. If I am busy at work for 2 days and dont get a chance, then it doesn't matter, they'll be another day. Opportunities keep coming. If a platform went down for a day, no big deal as long as positions closed, the market will still be coughing up $$$ tomorrow!