Weird webpage error

JJL3142

Hi,

i) Got a weird webpage problem. Basically if i click a button on a webpage it doesnt run the command on the page - i've tried different pages eg my email account (mail.com and warious sites)

ii) The second thing is that I cant copy and paste (eg from a webpage link to anyway else but I can do it in WOrd etc)

I have the various free tools ranging from :

WinPatrol.exe,
PSFree.exe (popup tool)
Avast4 virus scanner which i run regularly
Lavasoft which i also run regularly

but none of the tools has picked anything up

Any ideas ?

P

Try refreshing the webpage or typing the address directly into the address bar.

Paul

Thanks for that Paul

I tried that but it doesnt work for some reason

Still cant copy and paste between websites or anything

P

I sometimes can't copy and paste but it's because I run out of memory by opening too many applications. If it's not as simple as that you may want to try Pest Patrol, I've tried loads of program that claim to detect pests, but this is the only one that works for me (ie. it detects and cleans). You can run a scan off their site here: http://pestpatrol.com/ - but you'll need to purchase the software to actually fix things, I think it's about $39 - but a worthwhile investment if you're ever plagued by internet infestations.

Sharky

Thanks for that - it was a simple case of rebooting - I'm definately moving over to a linux trading platform in the next couple of weeks - I cant understand (well its bad programming !) why windows memory leakage is awful.

I have a linux box (on a 486 !!) which I havent rebooted for approx 3 months and its still fast and running normally - I leave on windows for 2-3 days and it dies !!

P