TS2000i ODBC errors... :-(

stunich

Hi all,

While writing and testing some code, I am being continually bombarded by two ODBC errors.

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Fractional truncation (null)

and its colleague in crime which appears right after the error above,

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Stringdata, right truncated (null)

I understand that these are something to do with incorrect data types (eg numeric instead of character or something like that...).

Does anyone have an explanation / solution?? I run TradeStation 2000i with Win XP Pro SP2 on a machine with plenty of RAM and so on.

Help!! :(

Cheers,

stunich

Do you have MS Access ? If not try installing it as this may help ?

Actually there may be another issue, let me know if the above doesnt help

Paul

Re - ODBC issue with TS2000i

Trader333 said:
Do you have MS Access ? If not try installing it as this may help ?

Actually there may be another issue, let me know if the above doesnt help

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply. The machine does have MS Access installed, so perhaps as you say, there is another issue...? I will uninstall Access and reinstall it in any case. Either way I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Stuart

I have quite a busy day ahead helping other traders so it will be later on tonight or the weekend before I may be able to give more help but I do remember having to install a new ODbC software when installing TS2000i.

Paul

ODBC and TS2000i

Trader333 said:
I have quite a busy day ahead helping other traders so it will be later on tonight or the weekend before I may be able to give more help but I do remember having to install a new ODbC software when installing TS2000i.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Hey, no problem with time - its coming into evening anyway here (in Tasmania, Australia) and either way, I'm most grateful for your assistance / advice. I figured that an ODBC driver could be an answer, but have little idea as to where to find such things or the appropriate one if there is any variation.

Anyway, I look forward to your reply when your time and energy permit.

Cheers,

Stuart

Stunich,

I have found the link to the file that I had to install which is called
VB_DCOM_MDAC_JET_AutoSetup.exe

It can be found on this link:

www.randem.com/support.html just immediatley below "Automatic Installation" the file is quite large at 32Mb but it did allow me to solve the same issue that you have. What you may wish to do is to back up your system by creating a System Restore point before trying it out in case it does not work out for you.

Paul

Have latest JET, MDAC, ODBC drivers - still same problem!

Trader333 said:
Stunich,

I have found the link to the file that I had to install which is called
VB_DCOM_MDAC_JET_AutoSetup.exe

It can be found on this link:

www.randem.com/support.html just immediatley below "Automatic Installation" the file is quite large at 32Mb but it did allow me to solve the same issue that you have. What you may wish to do is to back up your system by creating a System Restore point before trying it out in case it does not work out for you.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I finally found out how to check versions (from the web site you gave me - thanks!) and found I have the latest versions of all the relevant 'JET' related modules installed, including an urgent security update from April this year, ie beyond version 8.

Still have the problem, in fact as I write this the errors keep popping up at odd times. Also have a brand new PC here onto which I've installed TradeStation and required extras, data, my files and that is all. Same problem on that as well!! All machines run Windows XP Pro SP2 with all critical Microsoft updates installed.

I do understand that the whole JET / MDAC thing is far from smooth sailing, however the constant error stream is getting somewhat beyond a joke.

Can you think of anyone I can talk to about this, any other thoughts?? Note - your at the end of last week was exemplary, thank you. However, as they say, technically the operation was a success, unfortunately the patient died! In this case note quite - just no improvement in its condition!

I'm sure there is a solution - we just have to find it!

Cheers,

Stu

Hmm, I am not sure what to suggest. I was also running Win XP and still had this problem until I installed the file that I linked you to. It may also be a function of which TS service pack you are using so which one are you on ?

Paul

Trader333 said:
Hmm, I am not sure what to suggest. I was also running Win XP and still had this problem until I installed the file that I linked you to. It may also be a function of which TS service pack you are using so which one are you on ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have an old version of ProSuite, 5.00.512 I'm keenly trying to get hold of a copy of SP3 so I can upgrade through the SP4 and SP5 sets.

There does seem to be a possible problem with the version(s) of MDAC (etc) installed, though it could be a WXP SP2 issue. I ran a 'Version checker which came up with various 'unknown' results. However perhaps its not yet up to date itself with SP2. Having the same errors come up on the new and clean PC with Win XP SP2 (original OEM installation, not an upgrade from SP1) I guess counts that out.

Thank you for your generous time in helping me. If you think of anything or dig anything up let me know. In any case I'll keep plugging away here and see what comes of it.

Cheers,

Stu