Weinstein Trading and Fading

Market started out lower with the majors pointing to a lower open

That was fine by me as I held several shorts over the weekend. JAH was very underwater and I did not want to turn it into a long swing trade. so I started to scale out pretty quickely and it appears a little too quickly as it kept going lower as the day went on. I could have exited with a small gain but I am glad to be out.

JAH - 7607

RYL + 753

MR + 550

I had very few trades today as expected with the market trading lower.

PBG DS, + 71

CTRP B6H, + 215

- 6016 Day

Today started out ok and then became frustrating really fast.

I started the day hopeful as the market was trading higher and I found a couple that I wanted to trade at the open from the pre-market action.

I was able to make a couple of trades and then Tradestation my scanning machine started having issues with the data. I went though several steps to correct it but then a little alart came on to let me know that the TS data service was having problems. My god can’t they keep the servers running right??? So I lost on some nice trades as the info came to late.

No doubt in my mind that at least $2k was lost in unreasized gains that I would have otherwise had.

Big thanks to ‘NoDoji’ in the chat room for pointing out HANS. I no sooner took a look at it and set it up to trade and my backup scanner popped a message of the short signal. NoDoji gave me some needed extra time to get ready for it. I ended up trading and scalping HANS higher and turning it into a very nice trade. I had a high comfort level the whole time with it.

HANS B6+ 1505

WGOV GU, DS, + 592

SVU GU, DS, + 2602

RSH GU, DS, + 1021

Rolled out of my covered NFLX short. bought back the stock and puts. did really well on this trade. Really glad I closed this short out when I did. I covered NFLX at 43.95 which is about as good as I can expect today. Especially going into earnings after the bell.

NFLX + 1417

NFLX may 37.5 put - 1053

HST SC, +37

HOT H, + 1666

PENN Sc, + 307

CCJ DS, B6, + 93

GR DS, B6, + 79

+ 8274 Day

+ 28243 Week

+ 57175 Month

~ 80K shares

Today started out like so many but with the market up in the futures trading I was expecting to get some trades today.

I wasn’t disappointed either. I was given two stocks that gapped up and I traded them both. I also received several signals during the day but ran into issues with being able to see the symbols. Might have to see the eye doc or just give my eyes a rest as I been in front of monitors for at least 14 hours a day lately. Was a tough day stress wise as few trades were nice and easy. All in all a good week and I feel like I am in pretty good shape going into Monday

Carrying over a short with NTY. I did get 300 shares hit on my bid near the close when the price briefly tanked LOL

Tradestation died on my near the closing so I lost all my names for my setups.

SWK, B6, + 614

SOHU was a tough trade all the way through. Near the end of the day I just bailed what I had left near BE so I was flat.

SOHU B6, + 183

SINA B6 + 411

MHK + 1418

ISRG + 863

INFA + 257

EMN + 1570

CVH + 12

AXP + 311

+ 5644 Day

+ 33887 Week

+62819 Month

~ 75 K Shares

After having traded the Hong Kong exchange and seeing the US markets trading lower I expected the US markets to open lower.

I also expected NTY to be trading pre market but I don’t think any trades went off before the opening bell. NTY rocked up higher during the opening and came back only to move even higher. Trended down for the rest of the day with about an hour to go before the close. Trading gaps continues to give me trouble but at least I am making good progress. If I can get the gap trading as good as the rest of my game its going to be really great. Still short NTY going into tomorrow. Tried to actually increase my short with NTY as the odds favor a drop in prices tomorrow.

NTY - 6134

I did get some nice trades in today.

UHS B6, + 164

QCOM B6 + 797

IMA B6, 1279

CYH B6, + 1007

IPI B6+, + 987

~26 K Shares

Spent much of the day trading and scalping NTY back and forth

As a result of NTY I turn in another poor day. I did actually trade it back and forth with a total of over 18K shares traded and worked up my break even point to near the closing price. for a stock that ended up only down about 20 cents I made a lot of progress with my short. I did make a decision last night to lower the total amount of shares short and I was able to do that as planned in an orderly fashion. Especially for a stock thatthe volume just dried up in. I traded over 2% of the shares traded today and for a while was running around 3%

NTY - 11205

I did have a few good trades today and was able to make a few bucks or at least was able to lower the loss for the day.

VRTX DS, B6, + 246

SWN+ 1549

SGR + 195

MTH + 300

DIS + 12

- 8901 Day

~ 50 K shares

NTY continues to be a thorn in my side. Moving higher right from the open and moving pretty far.

The volume in NTY totally dried up while the price moved higher. Was expecting a price drop today based on past data. This appears to be about the only real ‘leak’ in my trading and the source of about 90% of the stress. Luckly the solution is pretty easy. Don’t trade gaps aggressively and walk away if things don’t work out well. This has been about the only thing since march that has caused any losses and all the sizable ones are a result.

After yesterday I thought I would be able to trade through this stock and end up flat either today or tomorrow. Thtats a little difficult when the stock only moves in one direction. After a few hours NTY did finally start to fall back down again and I started covering. by the end of the day I was out of NTY and looking forward to

NTY -10283

I had some nice trades as well. In fact other than NTY it was a fine day.

TWC 772

SGR 203

MEE 425

LIFE 191

DWA 73

CVH 112

CTV 2879

CERN 2136

CEDC 148

CE 1610

AMG 951

ARW 97

- 678 Day

~ 86 K Shares

Booked a loss for the day but net asset value is a little bit better than yesterday. With NTY cleared and flat other than hedged swing trades I am looking forward to closing out the week and month with a strong gain.

Last day of the month and as I come into the office I have high hopes.

My hopes are put on hold as I fight with Tradestation for quotes and scanning. During some of the best minutes of trading Tradestation is down. I guess it happened to many as others in the chat experienced the same thing.

I missed out on some nice trades in the early action but was able to take advantage of others once Tradestation started to work again and after firing up stockfinder as my backup

Went heavy with SBUX and had AMG really run but other than that it was a pretty standard kind of day as far as the trades go.

TTEK 28

SBUX 2555

OI 175 (Thanks MadBadger in the chat room for this one)

IRM + 1599

FLS 274

CNQR 650

BGC 109

AMG 254

+ 5647 Day

+ 56987 Month

~ 50 K Shares

End of the week and start of a new month and I was ready.

Even Tradestation worked well today. I had some nice trades and I had a loser. I was able to see where I could improve my setup signal and worked on that for much of the day.

I am carrying over much of ANR as I was looking for a better price than the market was offering at the close. Some of the changes I made to my signals will keep me from entering a stock Like ANR as early as I did. I found a hole in the price action alogorithm as I followed it today. It actually something I have been thinking about for months today was the first time I actually watched it happen. I took a hit with it today but don’t expect it to be a repeat. I still have to make it through the open on Monday with my carry over but barring a major move to the upside I should end up with a relatively small loser in this trade.

ANR - 1252

MCRS + 607

FISV + 1751

FCX + 409

FCL + 41

BTU + 178

BGC + 3290

~ 75 K Shares

My day starts out with a car crash on the way to the office only to get worse from there.

On my way to the office a car turned left in front of me and I had the green light. Not a good idea to do in a small compact when I drive a big SUV. This caused me to rush into the office and I could hear my computer ringing the opening bell as I unlocked the door. Now I also have to get my truck fixed. Not to mention I was pretty shook up after the crash and even as I start to write this post over three hours later I am still on edge. It appeared that no one was hurt in the other car so that was good.

ANR the stock I even covered by paying up in after hours trading on Friday because I didn’t want to hold overnight. My worries came true as ANR punished me even more. ANR it appears is my largest loss this year.cor

ANR - 50839 (first failed B6 signal this year and most likely over 8 months so I am not too upset)

todays trades

PLCE + 134

CCL DS, + 11

ASH + 5 (bailed early due to ANR )

TDC B6(unqual) + 495

HLF + 34

EL +941

Carlos, Bob,
wow what a great example of gentlemanly conduct and peaceful conflict resolution of what could have been an explosive introduction.
I'm impressed with the way you both handled yourselves - I would have been at the knee-capping stage by now....

maybe this should be made compulsory reading for hot-heads !?!

best of luck to both of you !

My day starts out with a car crash on the way to the office only to get worse from there.

On my way to the office a car turned left in front of me and I had the green light. Not a good idea to do in a small compact when I drive a big SUV. This caused me to rush into the office and I could hear my computer ringing the opening bell as I unlocked the door. Now I also have to get my truck fixed. Not to mention I was pretty shook up after the crash and even as I start to write this post over three hours later I am still on edge. It appeared that no one was hurt in the other car so that was good.

ANR the stock I even covered by paying up in after hours trading on Friday because I didn’t want to hold overnight. My worries came true as ANR punished me even more. ANR it appears is my largest loss this year.cor

ANR - 50839 (first failed B6 signal this year and most likely over 8 months so I am not too upset)

todays trades

PLCE + 134

CCL DS, + 11

ASH + 5 (bailed early due to ANR )

TDC B6(unqual) + 495

HLF + 34

EL +941

Good, that you are alright. This is important. You will get the money back soon. Best of luck!

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for taking the time to say so.

I hope your trading is going better !! : o )

Today was a better day but not proud about my trading at all. I would rate my trading better yesterday(granted the results are better today).

Thanks again

Bob

Carlos, Bob,
wow what a great example of gentlemanly conduct and peaceful conflict resolution of what could have been an explosive introduction.
I'm impressed with the way you both handled yourselves - I would have been at the knee-capping stage by now....

maybe this should be made compulsory reading for hot-heads !?!

best of luck to both of you !

Hello Rathcoole,

Thanks for taking the time to post in my journal.

Yeah we started out a bit rough but I have a lot of respect for Carlos.

Best of trading to you

Robert

Came into the office today ready to be on my A game.

The overall market was uncommitted from what I could see. I also found in pre market trading BBG which had gapped up. unlike some of the gap ups that I have tried and failed with in the past this one had my new setup. Went up even after the gap far enought to trigger another short signal where I added to the short. I stayed very small in shares in light of yesterday. On a normal day I might have made twice the gain but still is very good.

BBG + 2297

I also received some short signals today and after looking at the entries I can see that the ‘tune up’ I gave my setups have started to pay off. My entries where at better pricing. I did miss at least one trade today from the new settings but I feel that was offset by the better entries and lower risk.

I did have a bad trade today. I could have been a good trade but my mistakes cost me. I started out scalping SFD with the thought I was safe from much upside. It shot up from there and went on a tear but before it did so I was already pretty short. Then to make matters worse when I did get a full short signal I went at it too much size too quickly. Had I traded it better I could have added to my days gains but instead this trade took away from it. Very frustrating to take such a great day and chop it in half. My losses are from covering most of it during the final minutes of trading. I didn’t want a repeat of ANR. Unlike ANR I am not uncomfortable holding this overnight as I expect a pullback early in the trading tomorrow. I did come in today to be on my A game and until the afternoon came I was. I would give myself an overall of a C today.

SFD B6+ - 3510

RBA + 435

PFG + 1451

IGT + 612

ICE + 1110

GVA + 488

+ 2885 Day

I carried over some SFD from yesterday.

That turned into a nice refund of some of the hit I took.

SFD + 426

Much of the rest of the day was pretty slow until around noon time when I received some signals. Then almost at once my radar screen lit up giving me several trades at one time. I ended up in several trades at once. I was pretty pleased that I stuck to the trading plan and as a result both PFG and PRU where winners when they could have otherwise turned into losers.

XCO + 519

WNR + 1003

WFC + 45

UPL + 105

SMTC + 58 ( holding some overnight)

PXD + 886

PRU + 455

PFG + 447

IGT + 370

BVN + 1229

BBG + 834

ANR + 177

+ 6560 Day

I carried a few shares of SMTC overnight and I exited way before I wanted to.

I was getting so many other trading signals that I covered more to clear that trade off than for the risk that the trade would go against me. It was a very busy opening and I was glad that my computers didn’t have any issues.

SMTC + 31

PRU really rocketed up and I did well as a result of following the trading plan. the rest of the day was pretty much over before my lunch time with the exception of UNH which just kept slowly going higher for hour after hour. It went from total crazy to sitting here watching youtube and flossing my teeth. Leaving early to go take my truck in to see what its going to cost to get it fixed and see what kind of loaner I can get out of them.

WLT + 571

UNH + 875

TDC + 2125

PSSI + 1008

PRU + 1342

PCZ + 667

MGA + 1163

CI + 596

+ 8381 Day

~ 51 K Shares

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for taking the time to say so.

I hope your trading is going better !! : o )

Today was a better day but not proud about my trading at all. I would rate my trading better yesterday(granted the results are better today).

Thanks again

Bob

Hi Bob ...
Trading is back ok ... thanks ... April was tough, but managed to come out ok ... still negative ... but no problem after Jan, Feb and Mar having been record months ...

You know how it is ... sometimes the little devil within causes problems ;)

Discipline, Discipline and Discipline ... 3 things we need to succeed (y)

Have a good day!

Cheers Carlos

Good day but gains smaller due to trading smaller size.

I continued to mostly trade smaller and move slowly into trades and that is proving to be lowering my risk profile.

Left early today to go watch a play that my first grader was in and was well worth it Glad the market allowed me to leave and not have a trade that required my attention. I did cut one trade short by about six cents but I consider that a zero cost to be able to leave early.

Flat going into the weekend other than fully hedged swing trades. I am very pleased to see my account moving back in the direction of upwards. The possibility of ending the month in the green is starting to come into focus even if its still a ways off.

TMK + 363

PCR + 1169

FITB + 130 (poorly traded and not proud of. should have made 3x the gains. At least when I made the tweet I was dead on )

COF + 1856

BG + 164

ARD + 101 (nailed this one at the HOD but my offer was not fully lifted)

+ 3785 Day
- 27606 Week
- 23233 Month

~ 42 K shares