Watch fans

What's your favourite brand of watch - and why?

• Breitling

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • IWC

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Lacroix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Omega

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Patek Philippe

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Panerai

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Rolex

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Rotary

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other - Please state in the thread

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Err, see what I meant about the harmonious nature of a 40mm diametre in watches ;-)

jennyweb16520.jpg

56895692.jpg

56895674.jpg

elle-macpherson-bikini-2-01.jpg

Elle Macpherson

Watch040.jpg

Unknown hairy guy...

Anybody fly here ?

Ad540.jpg

The Rolex YachtMaster in that last post of yours is a beauty; a bit out of my budget or I would have had that instead of the Sub.

The (new) Yachtmaster has been absolutely murdered by Rolex imho...

Attachments

• yacht-master20II.jpg
    yacht-master20II.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 286
Hi Rosso, good for you with a Sub :)

Agree there RE the YM, while I can understand the attraction of chronos etc personally I just love white, uncluttered dials, they are absolute classics.

YM II ?

Yup, way out of it.

Btw, pricewise there are very good bargains to be had on watches if you don't mind haggling a bit.

Or online, check this out:

Chrono24

While buying online is always a bit dicey at least it gives a good overview of prices to set you up for your negotiations.

The Rolex YachtMaster in that last post of yours is a beauty; a bit out of my budget or I would have had that instead of the Sub.

The (new) Yachtmaster has been absolutely murdered by Rolex imho...

...Surely not out of your budget....now with offices in Soho and life looking good at T2W, I don't know about you but I bet Paul will have the same watch on his hands at next curry time.....!!

...Surely not out of your budget....now with offices in Soho and life looking good at T2W, I don't know about you but I bet Paul will have the same watch on his hands at next curry time.....!!

ROFLMAO

Zambuck, don't presume to know anything about me because it is clear from that statement that you don't. I don't work in Soho or anywhere near London, and I contract to T2W because it is only part of what I do; my earnings - which are none of your business, although you seem to think otherwise judging by your comment - come from various sources. As for what Paul has on his wrist, frankly I have no idea but I suspect it is not a Rolex.

Whoa.....

Don't throw your toys out.....It was just a light hearted comment.....It was based on the sucess of T2W and deserving people...I think it was wasted comment........Yes I know nothing about you and I don't want to either...!

Yes it is none of my business about your earnings and quite frankly I don't give a toss.....And as far as I can make out I did NOT even query that.....

And no I DO NOT have SOURCES of gossip supply either.....

And yes I hope Paul is wearing that watch next time I meet him as he deservs it....

Last edited:
OK, fair enough - my apologies if I misread your tone. That's one of the problems of bulletin boards isn't it?

Matt, i've got an Omega Seamaster (not the JB special) for daily use, a (slightly flashier) gold Raymond Weil Tango for wearing with a DJ, a Sector Golden Eagle 500 Pro for diving and a crappy little Fila for squash, golf etc.
But apart from the Weil on the odd black tie occasion, I haven't worn a watch since the baby was born in Jan - too afraid of scratching her with the watch or strap.

Next target is a Patek P, but BSD has been tormenting me with some of his snaps of IWC etc. let's see how quickly Gold can get to $1,000 then I'll know when and what I can afford :LOL:

I know some critics would question the point of having even one watch nowadays, let alone several, but I think a watch fan would understand ?

Garry

I know some critics would question the point of having even one watch nowadays, let alone several, but I think a watch fan would understand ?

It's much like a Ferrari or a Mont Blanc... or a designer 3 bedroom penthouse suite in the Docklands.

Nice collection Garry :)

Had to google for Krung Thep Mahanakhon must admit :cheesy:

Breitling also have a watch out for those James Bond moments in life, the aptly named "Emergency" that summons instant help:

sos.jpg

6763pqo.jpg

Nice collection Garry :)

Had to google for Krung Thep Mahanakhon must admit :cheesy:

Breitling also have a watch out for those James Bond moments in life, the aptly named "Emergency" that summons instant help:

sos.jpg

6763pqo.jpg

yes but I'd look daft wandering around with one of those cases strapped to my wrist :)

By the way, is anyone into old-fashioned pocket watches ? I believe that some marques have started bringing out new designs but as pocket watches ? Must admit, although I don't know anything about them (either new or antique), I've always been a long distant admirer ever since I first saw my Grandad's.

Isn't that one of those watches that summons a rescue team? Oh, the fun of summoning them to suburbia... :devilish:

yes but I'd look daft wandering around with one of those cases strapped to my wrist :)

By the way, is anyone into old-fashioned pocket watches ? I believe that some marques have started bringing out new designs but as pocket watches ? Must admit, although I don't know anything about them (either new or antique), I've always been a long distant admirer ever since I first saw my Grandad's.

I havn't heard about ''new' pocket watches but I would imagine a revival of that style might prove quite popular - any pics?