vwap - Formula

Thanks Paul - that's brilliant. I am running version 3.4.1 which I downloaded about a week ago, and although the horizontal line/VWAP is available, I cannot find the option +/- MDP. Looks like it is only available on beta version - I'll download and try it.

Thanks for continued help - I owe you! :)

Roger,

Am I correct in thinking you use esignal? (Thought I'd seen you post esig. charts elsewhere.)

If so, let me know as somewhere I have VWAP code for Esignal.

LII

LevII - not using esignal anymore - too b***** expensive for the limited use I was giving it. Been using Sierra quite happily for indices and options, but need something akin to esignal (but cheaper) for US stock trading, so that lists can be sorted etc - hence the move to QT.

Paul - I've set my charts up as you indicated above. Here's an example using SOHU - is this right? I thought that the upper and lower VWAP bands would be more or less parallel to the VWAP, not horizontals. I feel I may be missing the plot here entirely and the main thing being displayed is my ignorance (!!) but in my experience if I don't understand something there are usually a dozen others out there with the same problem, only they are too embarrassed to ask - at least I'm hoping so. :) I think that there would be some real value in ensuring that we are all singing off the same hymn-sheet here.

Attachments

• vwap 1.gif
    vwap 1.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 140
Roger,

This looks right to me because what you are seeing is the current +MPD and -MPD from current vwap. The horizontal lines only show current and not the historical MPD from earlier in the day.

If you look at the current vwap price the lines are equally spaced, (price wise), above and below it.

Paul

Thanks Paul - and as I've been watchig SOHU I've noticed the lower VWAP band rising. Makes it a bit difficult to see where triggers were in the past tho' because the upper and lower bands are not where they were at the time. Is there a simple way around this in practise in QT, or is that the next fix that we'll need to request from Jerry Medved?