The Complete Vwap Strategy

Just got back from Scotland .. I be posting my trades 2morrow.. Sorry guys.

Hope you all had a good day ..

regards

I am trading 2day and be posting my trades as soon as the market is settled.. I think after to day I will open a room on PALTALk and post all in real time with explanation of the reasoning behind the trades..

Sorry Guys,

Can you all come to the technical Trader room on Paltalk because it is really awkward to post a real time trade without market moving .. I have been in long MERQ trade and I donot really want to post after event result .. I got 30C out of the Trade ..
Since paltalk is a voice operated room we can watch the trade with explanations.. I will be in the room all night .

I am trying to be as honest as possible and not giving the impression of posting trades that has already taken place..

I have got my Monday's losses back + interest.

The room is under the business Group.. Please use ur BB 's nick name other wise I wont reply to the questions and will bounce the unknown nicks.

thanks

My nick name is wall street ..

Last edited:
PAul,,
We are in the room with FOW and we called short APOL against long PSFT .. FOW made 39C.. PSFT rise against APOL falling ..

may I invite people to come to the room ..

Thanks

Great trading both of u. I will attempt to join the room at some point Grey, although last time i dowloaded paltalk, my computer started behaving badly, and pcpitstop blamed paltalk.

Anybody,

I've signed up with paltalk and can find the business and finance group but I cant find the technical Trader room.

Help appreciated

Levll

The second pair trade was short APOL against long SEBL.. The trade produced more than 1% gain and watched by ian and FOWK ( paul ) in real time .. It is far far easier to trade in real time with voice facility ..

All in all 2 pair trades one single ..

Curretly we have Ian and paul in the room .. Hope you two enjoyed the trades..

Lev II what is your nick name on paltalk . I will send you an invite

regards

We now have 4 members icluding levII in the room .. I have explained the principal pf pair trading and called the market 5 times in two pair trade and a parallel trade ..Paul traded PSFT and YHOO ( the parallel trade ) both wins.

We need more advanced traders in the room to take the MIC and share the tricks of the trade..

It has been a good day ..
All trades were net profitable..

We now have had Bluechip Trader in the room

The final trade was short BRCM hedged against long YHOO ( not a VWAP trade).. Yhoo was closed with 7 C loss while BRCM fell 17C not a bad trade.. All trades in real time ..

Perhaps those who attended the session could comment on the trading to day and encourage more members to participate in Voice conferencing .. Hey Sharky do some thing about the voice Chat mate .. LOL

Grey1,

Even though I had to leave abruptly and had no mic. connected, in the short time I was there I learned a lot.

Much to my regret I missed your live run through on stock selection. Perhaps you will run through it again.

Regards.

LII

For those who late arrived to the room , I had to go out and only was available few hours.. I think we closed the room @ 6.30.

The room will be open again 2morrow ..

This is the rules for the room :--

I will call the stocks ( long or short ).. I will ask one of the members to post the bid or ask for the call in the room > we watch the trade and once the position is closed I would ask for the member to post the profit or the loss of the trade in the room ..

If I use any other technique apart from VWAP I will explain the reasoning behind the trade.. I will be in the room on Wednesday and Thursday from 2.30...

My target from each trade is expected to be around (20 -40 ) MAX and stop loss depends on the L2 and how other players switch sides on the day.

I am expecting to get around (80-100C ) /day...

Hi Grey1,

Thanks for today, your commentry was excellent,
I am looking forward to tomorrow.

cheers Ian

Grey1,

So those of us using Tradestation all get the same readings, would you mind confirming how you have your charts set up?

Symbol Settings:

Number of days back - 2?
Compression - daily?
Volume - Trade Volume?
Use Natural Hours Bars?

Symbol Scaling

Screen or entire data series?
Axis Type - Linear?

VWAP & MACCI Settings

Scaling - Screen, entire data series or Same as symbol?
Axis type - linear?

Have you any idea why my readings in RadarScreen differ from the plots in the chart?

Thanks.

Look forward to joining you in the room on Wednesday night.

LII

VWAP and FX

Does FX lend itself to the vwap strategy in the same way (or at all) as it does with stocks?