Vto 5 day rsi system

Uncle

Established member
671 2
I think the reason more people don't take the time to do so is we've fallen into an instant satisfaction online worl where folks just want a quick chart and no homework.

Without homework I fear one is destined for "Carey Street" To be successful, it is necessary to keep on honing the mind to become sharp enough to see what the market is prepared to give, and then do not let greed or fear take over. The twin evils of trading!!!!

John

mr_cassandra

349 36
Glad to hear it, let me know what you think after comparing your eoy brkr stmts against vto's gain since 1997. I can't believe a free, public system like theirs is so unknown. I think that while everyone chases the holy grail, the smoke and sizzle sometimes obsucures a solution right in front of them.

If you like what you see after the above comparison, then look at noconas improvement to vto's system

Free system overview www.vtoreport.com

ps: they sell nothing, and advertise nothing.

mr_cassandra

349 36
Its all explained at their site at www.vtoreport.com then click the rsi tab there. I've run into some very cynical people on boards like this(not you) so I'd like to stress the vto system is free and their website sells NOTHING.

mr_cassandra

349 36
Update on vto system. There is a poster named Nocona at www.clearstation.com who has come up with a very viable method of scaling into the vto system buys. His results are better than the original system , with less drawdowns.

There is also discussion at the same qqqq board over there about a blended signal system called 2X, however these are signals from a pay signal service so they may not be appropriate for discussion on this board.

On my own system, I just sold long positions Friday 6/24/05 in Umpix. I’m currently on version 21.Q.

TWI

2,536 254
Did not find anything over there about VTO, could you explain what he is suggesting or give direct link to his post?
sounds interesting.

TWI

2,536 254
Thankyou very much. Will play with this idea a bit.
Always like the simple things.

mr_cassandra

349 36
August 28, 2005 The vto system is currently long. Seen with past results at www.vtoreport.com. Its my opinion that most investors could take their statements from 1997 on and compare them to vtos results and be quite shocked.

zab

14 0
this vto stuff is just a trick. the results bear no relation to real trading.

mr_cassandra

349 36
Morning and thanks for your response

zab said:
this vto stuff is just a trick. the results bear no relation to real trading.

I have found that in the past I have learned a great deal from the research of others, as well as my own.

Can you give me a thumbnail sketch of how you checked on their system and came to that conclusion?

If possible let me know the exact historical prices download you used as well as the RSI formula you applied. I've seen cases in my own diligence where the rsi formula varied widely when sourced from different sites.

That way I can match up to your findings. I look forward to reviewing your due diligence on this subject and going over all the research you did.

Tia mrc

Last edited:

zab

14 0
On the VTO website it says...

• Buy the Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQ) when the 5-day Relative Strength Index (RSI) closes below 30.0.
  • Sell the Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQ) when the 5-day Relative Strength Index (RSI) closes above 50.0.

However, the results they give are for them buying and selling the actual index (which isn't possible). If you actually do the trading on the QQQQ all their profits are overstated and all their losses are understated.

The VTO system is loss making. The results they give are just a trick.

mr_cassandra

349 36
Where did you download the historical data

And can you detail which rsi formula you used? I want to exactly replicate the way you checked this.

Thanks! mrc

zab said:
On the VTO website it says...

• Buy the Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQ) when the 5-day Relative Strength Index (RSI) closes below 30.0.
  • Sell the Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQ) when the 5-day Relative Strength Index (RSI) closes above 50.0.

However, the results they give are for them buying and selling the actual index (which isn't possible). If you actually do the trading on the QQQQ all their profits are overstated and all their losses are understated.

the blades

Experienced member
1,336 275
zab said:

It's true that you can't trade the index but (unlike many other systems) if you repeat the study using futures data, the results are similar to those stated.

UTB

mr_cassandra

349 36
Hopefully when he supplies data & formula

the blades said:
It's true that you can't trade the index but (unlike many other systems) if you repeat the study using futures data, the results are similar to those stated.

UTB

I will be able to replicate how he did the research and came up with that conclusion. First. when he has time I need the exact data he used and the formula he used.

It will be interesting to check his research work he did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock