Vote Conservative

C'mon guys
You aren't seriously suggesting another 5 years of that kilted clot that made this mess in the first place are you ?

Our Dave may not be the greatest but he surely cant be worse than Gordie !

Or are you sugesting some fringe party like the Purples or greens or something ?

dear oh dear

At least it's not as bad as when he tries to be blokey - that's pure blackboard fingernails. There's a video of him (not) answering a question from Peter Hitchens. He's acting very casually and throws out "mate" here and there.

Frankly, Les Dawson in drag was more convincing.

there was a u-tube vid of him when he lost his bike it's now been doctored to remove his squawking...:(

All you Conservative supporters out there - vote Liberal tomorrow.

You know it makes sense.

Don't let Labour in - for another four years of mismanaging the UK economy and taking us through two disastrous wars and precipice of bankruptcy.

We need a new vision and perspective.
We need new MPs to kick the stealing thieving Labour and Tory *******s in the teeth.

We need change.

Think about it... Osborn and Camaron two wets who don't have a clue.

Vote Liberal! :)

It will be a disaster if we have a hung Parliament imho
With Nick Slug being the kingmaker

We shall have all those fatuous ideas of the Limp Dumps
PR is idiotic - it lets in tiny fringe parties like BNP to have a huge say because they will forever hold the balance of power. Italy has PR and has had on average a new Government for every year since the War. No continuity. No stability etc

And as for joining the Euro ? Rubbish ! The Greeks are unlikely to honour their promises and repay their debts. They lied to get in and are a liability to the rest. The other PIIS countries are hopelessly inept too.

I only hope I won't be saying " I told you so " in a couple of years when the coalition falls apart.

But vote how you will folks

With Nick Slug being the kingmaker

We shall have all those fatuous ideas of the Limp Dumps
PR is idiotic - it lets in tiny fringe parties like BNP to have a huge say because they will forever hold the balance of power. Italy has PR and has had on average a new Government for every year since the War. No continuity. No stability etc

And as for joining the Euro ? Rubbish ! The Greeks are unlikely to honour their promises and repay their debts. They lied to get in and are a liability to the rest. The other PIIS countries are hopelessly inept too.

I only hope I won't be saying " I told you so " in a couple of years when the coalition falls apart.

But vote how you will folks

PR is fair and it is called true democracy.

Why are you picking Italy to compare the UK with? What's wrong with the advance party sharing model of the Swiss for example. Low crime - high incomes - super human rights with legalised euthanasia... :cheesy:

I'm afraid you are regurgitating typical Conservative policy of scare mongering.

Don't vote for what we stand for. Vote for us because otherwise we'll scare the ****s out of you...

Mate the Tories are the sole reason why we are in this mess. Labour just built on their daft policies. Big bang and self regulation and privatisation with abnormal profits for all the utilities. Shares held by foreign institutions whilst the UK public (mugs) pay for excessive bills.

Worst privatisations ever - the railways. Undisputed!

Decimated manufacturing with their daft policies with no consequence on social aspects and then sold natioal assets for tuppance to pay for their daft policies as debt went through 50bn.

You want some more do you?:-0 :eek: Be careful what you wish for as they say in horror movies... :cry:

If Tories get in we are well n trully stuffed.

Doesn't matter if you are in the Euro or not. Germany and France don't have problems. Its only because PIGS didn't adhere to the 3% of GDP rule in managing their finances.

Nick and Vince are the ideal partnership. (y)

Osborn and Cameron are nightmare scenarios... :cry:

I agree and would rather see a strong win by one party.

No you wont, well not in 2 years because it will be over in less than 1 year in my view.

Paul

i would be voting UKIP 2morow, but no one is standing for them in my area, so not voting at all

maybe the woman WAS a bigot?

everyone seems to think their opinion has value, no matter how stupid, or devoid of intellectual rigour.
we need to resurrect the notion of people "knowing their place".
if you leave school incapable of reading or writing, you should lose the right to vote or have an opinion.
people should be capable of proving their opinion, including the original source of the idea, backed by facts.

these plebs think they have an opinion. truth is, they are merely re-iterating something they "read" in a tabloid, or heard from "some bloke dahn the pub".
ask them to follow through their "logic", and they would end up contradicting themselves.

if there were an intelligence test before voting, we could eliminate chavs and idiots.
put them in their place, and get them to "earn" the right to have an opinion.

I feel sorry for these politicians, having to dumb-down complex issues into simple things these morons can understand. in addition to which, everyone has lost the concept of having principles that benefit society without necessarily benefiting them specifically, being as they are, totally self-obsessed about how these politicians will make them better off.

we could start be sterilizing any woman caught reading ""Hello" magazine, or with names Chantelle or Chardonnay.
Any man wearing a baseball cap should be shot on sight. Or anyone who says "wicked" to anything or flicks their fingers as a gesture of acknowledgement.

there. thats my manifesto.

I would like the politicians call more voters "idiots", "morons" and "bigots". Why suck up to these losers?

eugenics is the future.

I agree and would rather see a strong win by one party.

No you wont, well not in 2 years because it will be over in less than 1 year in my view.

Paul

You mean like the one we had with Thatcher and Blair... Sort of dogmatic - presidential style. Yes the people do indeed like strong leaders so they say. Leaders in Europe are less worried about their international standing and more interested in their own countries and governments.

Sorry to be sarky but I really don't see what the fuss is about a hung parliament. It could be bad and it could also be much better. We certainly need change. We know what Labour have done and will continue to do.

Here is what the tories said they will do.

They will raise taxes for the poor and drop them for the rich to get the UK working again. The rich will then spend their money abroad buy foreign stuff and the poor will have to work extra hard to keep up with their payments.

They will cut jobs and public services. The poor will bear the brunt of this policy as the rich will obviously be buying private services anyway.

The rich and poor devide will continue along with class. There will be more misery and suffering all around because we all know money alone doesn't make you happy. Money merely helps you live comfortably in misery.

The policy we need is low interest rates to stimulate investment and high taxes to ease off demand and public investment to keep people in jobs maintaining social fabric of our society.

We need to tax bankers and top earners for goodness sake. Not give them more incentives.

Tories haven't got a clue - because they are inherently a bunch of snotty class conscious twits. New schools with public money. Schools will go the same way as the health service - undermined at lower quality... There will be pockets of excellence whilst rest of nation suffers in shoddy below par investment in schools. School entry system is ****e with all the league tables. Really really badly screwed up with all the political tempering.

If tories win in another 20 years time the repurcussion of their policies will manifest them selves in a much broken and fragmented dissolving Britain.

I sincerely fail to see how Labour or Conservatives can do anything different?

We need proportional repesentation. We need voice of people to be heard. We need balance in parliament. We need change.

This tune popped into me head for some reason... Let's take a trip down memory lane...

They will raise taxes for the poor and drop them for the rich to get the UK working again.
No they didn't say this

The rich will then spend their money abroad buy foreign stuff and the poor will have to work extra hard to keep up with their payments.
This is presumption you dont know this to be the case

They will cut jobs and public services. The poor will bear the brunt of this policy as the rich will obviously be buying private services anyway.
So will Labour and the LibDems so no difference

The rich and poor devide will continue along with class. There will be more misery and suffering all around because we all know money alone doesn't make you happy. Money merely helps you live comfortably in misery.
Again there will be no difference under any other party

The policy we need is low interest rates to stimulate investment
I agree

.. and high taxes to ease off demand and public investment to keep people in jobs maintaining social fabric of our society.
How much less demand do you want ? We are in the worst recession in living memory, higher taxes will plunge us into an even worse situation. Tax revenue was never higher than when tax rates were lowered to 40%

We need to tax bankers and top earners for goodness sake. Not give them more incentives.
They will just move out of London or the UK and then the tax receipts will drop dramatically

Tories haven't got a clue - because they are inherently a bunch of snotty class conscious twits.
You sound jealous

If tories win in another 20 years time the repurcussion of their policies will manifest them selves in a much broken and fragmented dissolving Britain.
and even worse if Labour win

and I fail to see how the LibDems can either

We need proportional repesentation.
At what cost ? Do we also need extermists in parliament ?

We need voice of people to be heard
Do we ? In my view most people don't have a clue and have the mass mentality of DM readers. We need inspired leadership and a genuine willingness to serve. I would make it unattractive to be a politician with a maximum salary of £30K a year. Then you would not get the self serving hypocritical nonsense that comes from all politicians.

Paul

No they didn't say this

This is presumption you dont know this to be the case

You want to bet?

So will Labour and the LibDems so no difference

Yes but Libs pretty much said as such. Except they favour giving tax cuts to the poor and we need to tax the rich bankers and shareholders who have been saved by tax payers. You realise fundamentally there is a gross reallocation of resources taking place?

Again there will be no difference under any other party

Why have democracy and voting then?

I agree

How much less demand do you want ? We are in the worst recession in living memory, higher taxes will plunge us into an even worse situation. Tax revenue was never higher than when tax rates were lowered to 40%

It is all about leakages from the system. Give a poor man 10K a year and he will spend it on necessities in the local economy - evenly.

Give a rich man who doesn't need it and he will buy some import and money will leave the country. Ask who benefits? Where does the demand go?

UK has been bleeding for years precisely because of these silly policies.

As for tax revenue - what year and at what period of economic cycle was that study carried out? Moreover, you use tax to control aggregate demand and to budget Gov finances - taxes go up and down. This kind of quoting statistics without visibility of underlying key factors doesn't help. It skews policies.

We need taxes to rise - inevitable.
Do you drop taxes for the poor or the rich?
Do you raise taxes on the low earners or high earners?

They will just move out of London or the UK and then the tax receipts will drop dramatically

Well let the inefficient greedy mis-managing bankers go elsewhere then! Structural changes are acceptable when it comes to manufacturing which we are craving for. Why not let market forces work on finance industry? Why bail them out?

Why have one rule for manufacturing and another for service industries. This is a tremendous daft policy. The void will be filled for sure. We will then subsequently build a better and more secure well governed balanced financial and manufacturing base.

You sound jealous

Class is the problem in this country. I am not jealous. I know my station and where to get off.

and even worse if Labour win

Probably...
and I fail to see how the LibDems can either

At what cost ? Do we also need extermists in parliament ?

More scare mongering. We live in a civilised democracy. Extremists are in the minority and if they are heard they'll become less so.

Do we ? In my view most people don't have a clue and have the mass mentality of DM readers. We need inspired leadership and a genuine willingness to serve. I would make it unattractive to be a politician with a maximum salary of £30K a year. Then you would not get the self serving hypocritical nonsense that comes from all politicians.

Paul

I don't believe the system is broken. I feel we need to apply our laws and the system equally to all equal people. No one should be above or below the law.

It is clear to me fraud has taken place with the politicians...!
How would Tescos handle such an incident?
Or the police?
Or anyone running their own company?

I reckon Mrs Thatcher should be on that list too for sneaking salary increases by means of expenses as opposed to wage rises whilst she was bludgeoning manufacturing and trade unions to death.

More like politbereau and their brown little packets in circulation...

Trusting the UK government and industry to the Conservatives is like letting a bunch of hyenias control the food supply.

Laughable if it wasn't so sad and true...

yes because labour have done wonders for this country in the last decade.

get that chip off your block just becuase your poor atilla

You mean like the one we had with Thatcher and Blair... Sort of dogmatic - presidential style. Yes the people do indeed like strong leaders so they say. Leaders in Europe are less worried about their international standing and more interested in their own countries and governments.

Sorry to be sarky but I really don't see what the fuss is about a hung parliament. It could be bad and it could also be much better. We certainly need change. We know what Labour have done and will continue to do.

They will raise taxes for the poor and drop them for the rich to get the UK working again. The rich will then spend their money abroad buy foreign stuff and the poor will have to work extra hard to keep up with their payments.

The policy we need is low interest rates to stimulate investment and high taxes to ease off demand and public investment to keep people in jobs maintaining social fabric of our society.

Tories haven't got a clue - because they are inherently a bunch of snotty class conscious twits. New schools with public money. Schools will go the same way as the health service - undermined at lower quality... There will be pockets of excellence whilst rest of nation suffers in shoddy below par investment in schools. School entry system is ****e with all the league tables. Really really badly screwed up with all the political tempering.

We need proportional repesentation. We need voice of people to be heard. We need balance in parliament. We need change.

This tune popped into me head for some reason... Let's take a trip down memory lane...

This is not meant to sound combative, but I think that you've got almost everything almost exactly backwards. I find it quite astonishing that there is anyone living in Britain in the 21st Century that still thinks this way. I don't know if I can face the prospect of a debate, but your views would only make sense if you were actively striving for national bankruptcy.

Can I ask how you found your way to a trading website? It seems very strange that you would have any interest in the subject.

By the way, I'll reply on the other thread when I have time to do it properly, as you left quite a long post that deserves more than a cursory response.

the fact u asked in your rep what counts as poor in money terms..its all about breeding my friend. a poor person with lots of money, is still poor ;)

Money should be invested where it will do the most good.

Unfortunately many of the poor waste it on binge drinking, the betting shop ( not so bad if they had any talent for winning ) , unhealthy food (just take another look at the fatties wobbling down our streets ) , drugs etc.
Mostly don't want a job and if Labour/Limp Dumps insist on giving them taxpayer's hard earned then they waste most of it.

So the dole is just enough to live on ( humanitarian reasons ), not enough to retire on

Indeed a sorry state of affairs but true in too many cases

If any youngsters have an ounce of energy left and able to avoid the abusive lifestyle then I suggest they contact the Prince's Trust and try and be a success in life

the fact u asked in your rep what counts as poor in money terms..its all about breeding my friend. a poor person with lots of money, is still poor ;)

No people with lots of money are rich. Correct me if I am wrong - you are implying you believe them to be from the wrong class?

I guess you also believe perhaps that irrespective of what one does one can not cross over from one to the other if it is based on breeding? Are we talking bloodlines here?

Point I was making was that life is all relative really. I do not see it the way you do. You think I'm poor you are rich. I don't see my self as poor or you as rich. Our philosophies are at polar extremes.

yes its about class. just because talking about class has become politically incorrect doesnt mean its still not very real.

yes its about class. just because talking about class has become politically incorrect doesnt mean its still not very real.

Well this was precisely my point and I agree with you 110%...

However, I would argue this is precisely what keeps the UK down not up.

It is all pretentious superficial stuff that has no bearing life other than some pomp and circumstance entertainment.

What exactly are you celebrating with class?

I would add that as soon as one mentions one as having class - you lose it.

I thought you could not sink much lower than you already have over our exchanges in the past but I'm afraid you've just dropped another few notches on my esteem of your good self. :cheesy: