Volunteer to help T2W

Sharky

Staff
Updated 7th April with NEW Editors role

We're always on the look out for new Moderators, Editors and Advisors to join our team, helping to support and improve T2W. Basically, we can never have enough help!

So if you think you'd like to contribute, then please indicate your interest in this thread, or if you prefer send me a private message.

All applications will be discussed amongst the existing team members for suitability. Ideally we're looking for members who've been registered for at least 6 months, have demonstrated a willingness to participate on the forums, and who have enough time to be able to make a minimum commit of time to fulfil the roles.

To recap on the three roles:

Moderators
--------------
The Moderators are senior members who have been granted administrative powers to moderate the forums and enforce the T2W site guidelines.

Advisors
--------------
The Advisors are members who help with the smooth running of the forums. They are tasked with helping newbies, reporting offending posts and providing private feedback about how best to improve the site.

Editors (NEW!)
--------------
The Editors are members who assist with the goal of improving the overall quality of the website. They are tasked with editing the FAQ, extracting the best threads from the forums, assisting with initiatives to improve the quality of postings, refining the site guidelines/help section and general description text, and providing private feedback about how best to improve the site.

In true trading style, how about running this as a reverse auction? Whoever asks for the least to take on these roles gets them?

I'd be happy enough to be an advisor but as I do that anyway couldn't care less about a pretty title... And wouldn't want to commit to anything.

How about if we could nominate other members to be moderators or advisors? Problem with self nomination is you get the control freaks.

LOL arabianights,

Someone will have to explain to you that, as accurate a comment as it might be on a vendor's material, "Stick it up your ****" doesn't quite meet the site guidelines.

You might have to take the warning off your signature too ... some would feel the stirrings of cognitive dissonance. You don't need to commit to a lot - my only commitment is to hate spammers to pieces.

Attachments

• Tom.gif
    Tom.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 829
Well exactly, much easier to be able to say what I like!

Still think asking for volunteers is a bit dangerous... For what it's worth I'll nominate Arbitrageur as a moderator and FxScalper and Fibonnelli as advisors... They won't take any crap!

Well exactly, much easier to be able to say what I like!

Still think asking for volunteers is a bit dangerous... For what it's worth I'll nominate Arbitrageur as a moderator and FxScalper and Fibonnelli as advisors... They won't take any crap!

I agree with your advisor nominations too, with the addition of yourself to the list :cheesy:. Being an advisor is not particularly onerous, and doesnt involve much "policing" or extra work other than what any responsible member does already. Its also good to be able to have real input on the direction/improvements of the site.

You're an experienced trader, I think you'd be a valuable addition to the team (y)

dunno about me as a mod though, one step at a time old son :eek:

We're always on the look out for new Moderators and Advisors to join our team, helping to support and improve T2W. Basically, we can never have enough help!

So if you think you'd like to contribute, then please indicate your interest in this thread, or if you prefer send me a private message.

All applications will be discussed amongst the existing team members for suitability. Ideally we're looking for members who've been registered for at least 6 months, have demonstrated a willingness to participate on the forums, and who have enough time to be able to make a minimum commit of time to fulfil the role.

To recap on the two roles:

Moderators
--------------
The Moderators are senior members who have been granted administrative powers to moderate the forums and enforce the T2W site guidelines.

Advisors
--------------
The Advisors are members who help with the smooth running of the forums. They are tasked with helping newbies, reporting offending posts and providing private feedback about how best to improve the site.

I'd like to apply for a Moderator position. I think I have exactly what it takes.

We're always on the look out for new Moderators and Advisors to join our team, helping to support and improve T2W. Basically, we can never have enough help!

All applications will be discussed amongst the existing team members for suitability. Ideally we're looking for members who've been registered for at least 6 months, have demonstrated a willingness to participate on the forums, and who have enough time to be able to make a minimum commit of time to fulfil the role.

To recap on the two roles:

Moderators
--------------

Advisors
--------------

You forgot to mention they need to send in a handwritten resume :LOL:

And here's why I couldn't be a mod:

I notice nearly every day some newbie comes on asking, "Do you think it's possible to earn a living from trading?" or "How much can I earn day trading?"

At least as a nobody, I can ignore such threads or risk replying with, "Use the ****ing search!!"

Rant over. :p

Have you noticed the mod's answering many of those questions? I thought you were doing it. :cool:

IM(H)O its actually better to let some of the "newer" members answer those questions at least if they don't go right of the rails. That way everyone can participate where they want and the lack of green and gold probably generates better discussions. Some of the really old members seem to have gone all the way back to a ghostly lurking with the occasional reputation given out to a post here and there.

And here's why I couldn't be a mod:

I notice nearly every day some newbie comes on asking, "Do you think it's possible to earn a living from trading?" or "How much can I earn day trading?"

At least as a nobody, I can ignore such threads or risk replying with, "Use the ****ing search!!"

Rant over. :p

This is why an FAQ forum would be good.

I agree - it's a good suggestion. I'll set one up now, and we can start to put a list of FAQs together, each question as a thread.

I've updated the first post in this thread with the brand new role of 'Editors'. Please take a look and see if this is something you'd be interested in volunteering to help with. Basically we need at least 2 or 3 people to get the team up and running. The actual commitment required is minimal, and the idea not to make the role a chore, but to give members an opportunity to work together behind the scenes to ultimately make it a better site and a more useful resource. PM if you'd like to volunteer, so far I've had one interested person.