• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] ViroMajor’s portofolio investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year, I think I’ll run the following live portofolios :
- mine
- PDC alone
- SKI+SKN+SYO(undecided)+THA

Why the separation? Dirty laundry is not mixed with clean laundry 🤣

Dropping PII, it would be too cavalier to retain a time bomb. Mantra of no feelings applied

Last edited by a moderator:
In details

PDC +1.48% ( @Pure Pip Producer indicates me there‘s a bug in the reporting: his perf should really be around +3.04% for october... https://www.darwinex.com/fr/invest/PDC)

reply from Darwinex support

6648CDD9-0D57-453F-8F18-863D80A2BF23.jpeg

In these conditions and context, it makes little sense to even follow the reporting of a portofolio in demo. It’s just good to familiarise with the commands

Meanwhile, my portofolio is drowning at a fast pace now that @Pure Pip Producer stopped to drag it up: -2.4% as we speak, even with a low VaR, in 10 days of trading only
Damn bots (SYO, PII) which can pile up losses on a day to day basis without breakers applied

With this information, in my opininon, since Darwinex offers the new investor leverage x3, it's better run a real account as a demo account... because, actually, unless I'm mistaken, it costs only 67 €/$/£ to invest in a Darwin.

And even if a Darwin losts -10%, the investor loses 6.70 $/£/€ 🤷‍♂️

Yes... that’s right

Although, I want to span a full year from January to December, not a cheese hole (my trading will be february to december, I won’t be able to sync it since it takes 1 month to create a Darwin and don’t want to do it in advance in december)

Mid month 1 update

PDC +3.04%
PII -2.97%
SKN -0.74%
SKI -0.29%
SYO -4.06%
THA -0.65%

The portofolio shows at -2.92% but half of the perf of PDC isn't taken into account

After only 10 days, -0.85%

In details

PDC +1.48% ( @Pure Pip Producer indicates me there‘s a bug in the reporting: his perf should really be around +3.04% for october... https://www.darwinex.com/fr/invest/PDC)
PII -0.10%
SKI -0.20%
SKN -0.26%
SYO -3.59%
THA -0.67%

Search the errors ?
Some fall faster than others, yet don’t dare to make a pause. The most active which doesn’t stop (machines ON) is also the biggest loser.

From -0.85% to -3% in 5 days, we got some swimmers who adore the markets. And lifeguards who prefer to stay outside the pool and watch the debacle of this show.

It really looks like a full trading sequence was skipped, instead of a drift of divergence

View attachment 289304

On a side-note, I was explained again that it really is a demo-to-live divergence problem 😮 not a trading sequence that was skipped
I find it wrong that after 6 years of existence, such degree of approximation persists to exist

Would be welcomed if we could have metrics deployed on the portofolios’ EC, I mean without API work but transparently, straight forward, like max Drawdown. Mine bottomed at -4% at the 14th day.

Now certain to exclude SYO. Found replacements that look cleaner to my appreciation.

Next year with live money, I won’t reveal the detail of my Darwins’ picking, including turnovers, but conceal the selections.

What is the strategy?
Every week selling a darwin that passes 5% DD to buy another on ATH ?
Do you hope to make money in this way?

No absolutely no, I just got my attention focused more on what SYO is about.

On the demo, I’m not removing him, just I don’t want that guy next year, now that I looked closer and not superficially.

I’m against derivating, whether the price on charts with mathematical filters, or trading traders, to reassure you. It would just be adding randomness over instability.

No absolutely no, I just got my attention focused more on what SYO is about.

On the demo, I’m not removing him, just I don’t want that guy next year, now that I looked closer and not superficially.

I’m against derivating, whether the price on charts with mathematical filters, or trading traders, to reassure you. It would just be adding randomness over instability.
I see SYO very risky this year. In my opinion you are right to wait for its evolution. I think the same as you

Dropping PII, it would be too cavalier to retain a time bomb. Mantra of no feelings applied

Yeah, good call, -3% today and worst month registered like SYO

My demo portofolio is beating records but on the downside : -7.3%
Deserving a chocolate medal

My demo portofolio is beating records but on the downside : -7.3%
Deserving a chocolate medal
I saw it coming but didn't want to extinguish your enthusiasm and seeing it is demo portfolio-no harm done.
Selecting right darwins is serious activity-you noticed very quickly that you did it in haste.
But then comes second half of serious work:timing entry into selected darwins.You skipped that part entirely ;).

Are you actively managing them, also selling ?
I admit my approach is to have unmanaged Darwins on auto-pilot, otherwise why not intervene on the markets directly. I also don’t plan on smoothing the investement with periodic entries
But for me it remains a benchmark only. Indeed, I don’t take it seriously with expectations.

If you select 4-5 darwins after good analysis,it can take up to one year to time solid entry points for them and thus complete your portfolio.You put reasonable SL orders in place ,which you then periodically move upwards and that is all.
If someone hits SL or you find another strong candidate,you repeat the procedure.
If you are lucky and find some additional info in forum ,than you can kick some darwin out before it hits your SL.(HFD situation this summer,or sudden divergence problems)
Later if you want you can add investments to your individual darwins at appropriate points and build more complex portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.