VFTSE vs VIX

rocksthehouse

Does anyone know why the VFTSE opens 1 hour behind the FTSE whereas as far as I can tell the VIX opening hours match the SP500? This is according to real time quotes on Google Finance which I presume correctly state the opening time. Ta.

I would imagine that as pre-open prices are not available,the first hour would produce sufficient option price action assuming VFTSE is based on the VIX calculation. The US is about 40 years ahead of the UK,plus one hour!

Does anyone know why the VFTSE opens 1 hour behind the FTSE whereas as far as I can tell the VIX opening hours match the SP500? This is according to real time quotes on Google Finance which I presume correctly state the opening time. Ta.

I'm not entirely sure, maybe because it's reacting to the ftse data. Can you recommend a broker for trading the vftse?

I'm not too sure why this is but would you be able to recommend a broker for trading the vftse ?

Yeah I've been looking for it on spreadbetting and cod platforms but I haven't found a broker which offers it, though they offer the us vix