Vandalism Problem . . . .

I find this very disturbing. The photo you show is handiwork of pure evil.

I'm thinking of a practical solution - give me a day.

Thanks to everyone for your replies which range from 'a public flogging's too good for 'em' on the one extreme to 'hug a hoodie and befriend them' on the other. Alan - our friendly local bobby - recommends a PIR light in our car parking space as a deterrent. He says he knows several local lads who have committed 5 or more thefts in the village, but he can't do anything about it because he's got no evidence. Loyalty amongst the hooligans is thin on the ground it seems; their mates are happy to finger those responsible for such petty crimes. However, the CPS will not prosecute on the grounds that the word of one teenager against another simply won't stack up in court. Still, in an attempt to reassure my wife and I, bobby Alan told us that our village "is still a great place to live and that the level of crime is at least 2 years behind that in Plymouth which, in turn, is 10 years behind London". I wonder what criminal delights we have to look forward to in 2 years time?
:cry:
Tim.

This won't solve your problem but may help you take a mature and rounded view of it & today's youth.
Thank you for that 007, point taken. More accurately, I should say thank you Mrs. 007 ;)
As a matter of idle curiosity, is Mrs. 007 familiar with French medieval history at all and, if so, the work of Prof. N. M. Sutherland - by any chance?
Tim.

NT,

Excellent. Could be a meteorite thrown through the window by an alien. If you also had that on film, may be worth a lot more.

Grant.

Thank you for that 007, point taken. More accurately, I should say thank you Mrs. 007 ;)
As a matter of idle curiosity, is Mrs. 007 familiar with French medieval history at all and, if so, the work of Prof. N. M. Sutherland - by any chance?
Tim.

- 'fraid not. English Local History is her subject. I like steam trains though!