using two computers

peedee

Hi, i have been thinking of the quickest way to make a trade, would it not involve using two computers. I prefer real time volume charts as a way of analysis and would like to get into making one or more trades a day. I also use spreadbetting which can be a pain making the spread and the particular index i look at is the dow jones. What is the quickest method of trading? Cheers, PeeDee. :?:

I assume what you mean is you want to avoid the sb spread and bias by buying as the sb are still biased down and selling when they are still biased up.

This has vewry little to do with speed but a great deal to do with anticipating trend changes before the sb companies..
Why have 2 computers.. one does me well enough.. with 2 screens and some decent TA

What is TA? ( Cheers, MAAF )

madasafish said:
I assume what you mean is you want to avoid the sb spread and bias by buying as the sb are still biased down and selling when they are still biased up.

This has vewry little to do with speed but a great deal to do with anticipating trend changes before the sb companies..
Why have 2 computers.. one does me well enough.. with 2 screens and some decent TA

I run 2 computers. Real Time price feed on one and trading platform on the other. I like to keep them separate so I can't crash everything at once. :rolleyes:

Windows XP has transformed PC stability. In 18 months of usage I have had no OS crashes.

I have 3 partitions on my HD:
1. 7GB for Windows
2. 5GB for real time TA
3. 18GB for trading/Excel etc.

That means disk fragmentation during real time is less, disk accesses are faster and corruption in 1 partition is most unlikely to affect the others.

Add weekly backups to CD and daily backups of realime data to HD and security is very good..

(oh and I use a router/internet firewall and antivirus software so security is high).

CPU usage averages 10-20% with a Duron 1200 but I'm upgrading to an Athlon XP2000. The real secret is to have lots of RAM: I have 512MB: 250MB or less means performance will be compromised..