User Reputation System

SOCRATES said:
You know, I do not have opinions, as opinions are tainted by emotions.

Emotions are a virus that no trader can afford to become contaminated with.

Therefore, I restrict myself to only having and expressing views.

This is because views are untainted by emotions or emotional bias but instead are arrived at by cold reasoning and logical deduction.

You talk about showing disagreement with someone's abilities.

But abilities are an abstract concept., not a tangible reality, unless they are specifically demonstrated . A bulletin board is not the ideal medium to do this, because a bulletin board exists in cyberspace, is in addition anonymous, and abstract, not tangible like for example meeting someone face to face is a tangible reality, is it now ?

What you probably mean is disagreeing with an opinion someone may have.

This is a different matter altogether, and in this respect you would be quite right, provided it is an opinion that is being challenged., for wahtever reason.

With regard to the green dot or dots, again I hold the view different to yours.

This is because trading is by its nature a very lonely profession, then because people are not accustomed to this they try to carry into trading habits acquired elswhere, which in the world of trading do not and cannot work effectively.

One of these habits is that of sharing.

Very commendable and honourable it is, but it does not work in trading.

Therefore there really isn't any point in sharing collective opinions for everyone to participate in, because, as I explain above, trading is not about sharing, it is about competing, in fact competing ferociously.

Neither do I agree wih your posture with regard to newcomers. It is up to newcomers to come to terms with what the world of trading is really like in advance of entering a domain subject to traders protocols and then expectng nannying.

In the same way as the world of trading that takes no prisoners, so the world that traders inhabit in parallel has similar criteria. It is for the new and current members to do their own nannying if needed.

You will never experience really experienced and battle hardened pro's expecting spoonfeeding. Then anyone who expects spoonfeeding and nannying cannot be a pro., it is that simple.

It is only rank amateurs who expect cotton wool treatment, and often get it, because one has to concede that no one is born knowing, we all have to start somewhere and learn.

I expect this will clarify your misconceptions about all this.

roughly translated, does this mean that you had much more faith in the star system when it treated you kindly (ie you left it open for all to see), than when your rating fell dramatically (and somehow it disappeared)

:LOL:

UTB

the blades said:
roughly translated, does this mean that you had much more faith in the star system when it treated you kindly (ie you left it open for all to see), than when your rating fell dramatically (and somehow it disappeared)

:LOL:

UTB
LOL Blades,

Soc has been on my ignore list for quite some time but expected a reply along those lines when I saw he'd replied and somehow sensed it probably wasn't worth seeing!

Last edited:
Charlie,

Post well and the dots should multiply, sir. :) Or PM me if you want a quick 5 for £50. ;)

You may note also that mousing over the dot reveals a disappointingly facile comment, which also changes as your kudos swells.

It's all frightfully exciting and I'm not surprised you are so eager to start your journey towards the apotheosis of posting prowess: 20 glittering green dots. They even change colour half way. :)

But there is a small problem. The scale of dots is very mean at the moment, which is why everyone is still on one or two. Lots of post recommendations are required for even a miserly shift in the dot quotient.

It was scaled that way because we'd hoped the "Good Post" button would be used more often than it has been.

Either the button is underused or there are only a few good posts, or indeed both.

In short, if you think someone's made a good post, then please click the Good Post button. That said, please don't do so gratuitously, e.g every time someone manages to write a coherent sentence that doesn't mention a Forex system. :)

If the appearance of green dots to worthy posters is still slow in a month or so, Sharks can tweak the scale.

SOCRATES said:
Since you ask such a silly question I would not expect you to understand........... .

Additionally not all knives in the drawer are kept equaly sharp.:LOL:

you're quite right - I never understand any of your responses.

However, as this one was less than 1000 words, at least I got to the end of it. Still, you didn't get the funniest poster accolade without effort, credit where it's due. Pure comedy genius.

UTB

PS Soc - that's 8 minutes of what must be an "incredibly fruitful" life that you'll never get back.

the blades said:
you're quite right - I never understand any of your responses.

However, as this one was less than 1000 words, at least I got to the end of it. Still, you didn't get the funniest poster accolade without effort, credit where it's due. Pure comedy genius.

UTB

PS Soc - that's 8 minutes of what must be an "incredibly fruitful" life that you'll never get back.
No, not exactly, two things : My use of time is different to everybody else's, and my use of language is also different to everybody else's, hence it is left up to me to "soc it to them". :LOL:

Frugi,
"Either the button is underused or there are only a few good posts, or indeed both." or there is a global conspiracy to ignore my sustained effort to achieve universal recognition LOL

SOCRATES said:
No, not exactly, two things : My use of time is different to everybody else's, and my use of language is also different to everybody else's, hence it is left up to me to "soc it to them". :LOL:

Funny that.

I used to find my use of time and language was different to everybody else's...but it was inavariablty when I was smoking dope.

Cue response...