Useful Youtube channels

trendie

Legendary member
Just recently come across this channel.
Gets right to the point.
I find she explains a whole lot, with very little waffle and filler.

This particular episode is a good intro to her channel.
I like how she explains how to find support / resistance, use of Volume (big money), and gaps, algos, etc.
She also explains how "special settings" of indicators are a waste of time! :)
(seems she was trained by a mentor at some point. other episodes describe the journey of trading, and why learning the "process of trading" is a better long-term goal than short-term aggressive account building. The former should lead eventually to the latter; but impatient traders get it the other way around.)

Useful for newbies, I think. She doesn't seem to be selling any course or training; just good, basic ideas.

Last edited:
EDITed:
replaced
... learning process is a better long-term goal ...
with
... learning the "process of trading" is a better long-term goal ...

I think it's clearer now.

I just started a new YouTube Channel to share my review on different trading strategies.

It would be great if anyone here can give me some suggestions on how to make it more useful for traders. :)

Refreshingly honest.
Describes how your profits are a function of your risk.
How comparing yourself to others profits, and risking higher amounts can backfire!
You can trade well all day long, and still end the day with a loss. (comparing day job to trader)
Capital preservation.

I like U-tube there is a lot of interesting stuff there.
A lot of crap too but one can disregard the waffle and rubbish.
I mentioned to someone the other day who works for the BBC that they should try to compete with the Tube. Out of the question he said and it would cost him his job even if he dared to mention it !! Just goes to show what a lot of over paid thickies run the Beeb now. Modern comedy is dreadfully poor these days.
I like the interesting programmes I am looking for to watch not the 2nd rate stuff they serve up every night. The BBC news I find very depressing. Mainly about people losing their lives from wars/terrorism/floods/disease etc. - YUK
Get up to date Beeb or die as the cockroach said to the dinosaur !

Last edited:
Sober and scathing review of "trading gurus".
Mentions that Belfort guy (Wolf of Wall Street), the various scams, etc.
Describes his own life, and how he did an analysis of Candlestick patterns, and found none!
He points out how day-trading is the most difficult form of trading, in that you are missing out on a regular income, and expecting to replace it with an irregular income. (this hit home for me, as I trade better longer-term, when I can ride out the ups and downs without stressing about intermediate downs).
Mentions that scammers are selling a dream, and their behaviour is different to real traders. (no flashy cars, etc).
Real traders hardly have any real holidays, as they are always looking for new ideas, not sitting on a beach.
Really enjoyed this. And newbies might gain some insights. especially those looking for gurus.
Last few minutes, mentions some useful books to read.

The most important component of this work is to analyze this information in order to predict everything that will happen in the market and make really competent decisions
you may be at this game a lot longer than you need to be if you really want to be able to predict everything
as for the rest of the post, I'll admit i understood nothing

I am interested Trendie what your stop loss/take profit figures are ( forex) as
you say you ride out the ups and downs on a longer time frame.

I am interested Trendie what your stop loss/take profit figures are ( forex) as
you say you ride out the ups and downs on a longer time frame.
Previous Highs and Lows as markers forSLs.
Since I jump onto pullbacks into a trend, my SL usually is the previous High when trading a downtrend, or the previous Low if I am buying into an uptrend.

PS: My manual trading is evolving, and I have begun to appreciate market waves and Sup/Res lines more.
My auto-trading is simplistic, and just rumbles along consistently.
Profits are mix of fixed profits, for day-to-day, reliable returns, and runners to catch the big moves.
I am constantly exploring better MM techniques.
Was toying with the idea of starting a thread of calls, but dont think it would be useful without the background to go with it.

This guy is just top-notch.
A salutatory tale of professional traders losing big, like, really BIG.
A light-hearted Top 10 Rogue Traders. (watch out for the attempt at a french accent!)

Reactions: FXX
Just recently come across this channel.
Gets right to the point.
I find she explains a whole lot, with very little waffle and filler.

This particular episode is a good intro to her channel.
I like how she explains how to find support / resistance, use of Volume (big money), and gaps, algos, etc.
She also explains how "special settings" of indicators are a waste of time! :)
(seems she was trained by a mentor at some point. other episodes describe the journey of trading, and why learning the "process of trading" is a better long-term goal than short-term aggressive account building. The former should lead eventually to the latter; but impatient traders get it the other way around.)

Useful for newbies, I think. She doesn't seem to be selling any course or training; just good, basic ideas.

I honestly can't stand to watch her videos. She seems so awkward and artificial. She forces smiles at unusual moments and the whole presentation just seems so unnatural. Not sure about the quality of the content because she is just so distracting I can't bear to sit through her videos. Is it just me or does she bug anyone else out too?

I don't know if this guys channel is of value, but his interview with Tom Hougaard is eye-opening.
Tom gives a bit of background of how he got into trading, his style (no indicators), his daily prep, losing, winning, adding to winners, why most people lose, how Risk/Reward is over-rated, his recommendations of books, etc.

I am glad to see this topic here, I think it will be very useful to check all the youtube channels suggested. I would greatly appreciate your suggestion for a further educational channel to help me to stop loss and gain profit?

Anyone using a particular channel for day trading? I have been looking for one but so far, haven't got a reliable channel.

There are some excellent videos of learning to use MT4 for free.