US Intraday Trading Sept 03

Rosso - Cheers for the kind comments re my site. I've added a little link to Rosso's Road on the trading page as a token thank you. :) I'd love to have the time to help tart your site up a touch, but then again there's a lot to be said for a clean, fast loading page such as yours, where the information is not obscured by lots of fancy Flash and other mildly pointless distractions. But, as I'm sure you know, a copy of FrontPage or Dreamweaver would be a good starting point if you wanted to gloss it up a bit - you don't need to know much about HTML to get started. The main theme of mine is done with a cascading style sheet which saves having to do each page from scratch - very handy. Also lots of layers to ensure things appear in the right place.

Sean - Yes, it would be a rare occurence indeed to snare a horned quadruped from the waters around New Zealand! I'm afraid I've no idea how the bearded "mermaid" (a mildly unhinged but very affable German who owns the boat) managed such a feat but the evidence is undeniable! ;) Perhaps he visited "Cheeses of Nazareth" and acquired a particularly strong Stilton with which to entice the poor old goat to the surface. :) Probably wise not to speculate further eh...

My system - Seems to be working rather well on the COMPX at the moment (next few signals will doubtless be demoralising whipsaws then :rolleyes:), but I have realised that as the trading day is only 6.5 hours long that using hourly bars can occasionally give false signals as it did on the S&P today (a sell signal was generated on the closing bar which represents only 30 mins of data) I don't know how to circumvent this problem, though an imperfect solution would be to use 30 min bars and double the EMAs, perhaps. Any ideas anyone?

www.frugi.co.uk/trading.html

Last edited:
LOL thanks Frugi! Guess what my webpage is written with?

Yes, correct. Dreamweaver!!! LOL shows how crap I am!! I havent got a clue how to use it!!

Thanks for the link,

RR

Frugi, thanks for the reply.

Today I was punished by the Deity for the Cheeses of Nazareth ditty, by virtue of the fact that every paper trade I made today - bar a couple of small profits - turned instantly to stone.

Ghastly day's trading with a net loss today of about ten points. However, the last couple of days were okay and I am still ahead. I can only imagine what it must be like to have a day like this when you are using real cash.

When I had my own pub in Barham, south of Canterbury, I employed a couple from New Zealand to assist in the management. They worked hard and played hard; entirely reliable and they had a great sense of fun. All my old dears at lunchtime - some of whom were titled ladies - were astonished at being called 'mate' instead of madam! They got used to it though!

The quadruped? Under the circumstances and given the geographical location, safer at sea than ashore I reckon!

Best wishes,
Sean