update on Sandy Jadeja

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
All the threads on Sandy seem to be quite a few years old. Id be very interested to see what people think a few years on. Are there any traders who have been on the course and still use his methods.I was at an esignal demo the other week where he spoke and gave a very simple old technique that I had forgotten about which clearly can work.Since then Ive re invented the wheel,etc !!!! He also seemed to pass on some good tips about discipline and MM. Most of the posts are from newbies or the usual lot who hate all mentors( im often like that). Id like a few appraisals from experienced traders or posters if possible. Thanks

I used to work with Sandy at ODL, I can never understand if these technical analysts are that good, why are sharing their advice and not trading full time!!

Because there's guaranteed money from a job, no guarantee from trading. That's why they teach and (probably) don't trade.

Can't blame him or anyone else though. I'd probably do the same in his shoes.

Thanks but I was hoping to find someone who uses his methods.He claims he only trades about 30 mins a day so has plenty of spare time.

Julian, I think you answered your own question in post #1.

‘Very simple old technique’. Discipline. MM.

All boring old stuff that we know by heart. But few stick with.

95% of speculators (traders) fail. An oft quoted, but rarely substantiated statistic. Barber & Odean made a number of studies, one of which, based on brokerage records, supports this figure.

As (more?) importantly, mutual funds, the more sedentary investors that we like to poke fun at - even index linked mutual funds – the most sensible of all hands-off investing tools, have on average made around 11% per annum over the last 20 years. Your average investor in these funds has made less than half that.

Why?

They switch.

They hear of stellar mutual fund managers – and jump ship. Probably never realising that stellar gets made mega-public only AFTER they’ve hit their home run, and maybe in just the first 3 months of the year - BEFORE they regress to their mean by batting below average for the next 9 months – which is when the majority of fund hoppers have realised who is ‘hot’ and moved their funds across – just in time for less than stellar performance.

Traders do the same. They pick a tried and tested basis for consistently successful trading and hit a statistically certain flat spot – and jump ship – to the next, newest, flashiest, stellar performing system, strategy, blah blah blah. Just in time for it to… – ad infinitum.

I’ve never met Sandy and am only dimly aware of what he teaches, and even more dimly why rather than trade it himself, but it always struck me as solid, basic commonsense, which is why it probably got such short shrift from this trading community.

I saw him interviewed on US CNBC as a senior strategist/analyst from ODL last month. He did seem to know his stuff.

I used to work with Sandy at ODL, I can never understand if these technical analysts are that good, why are sharing their advice and not trading full time!!

teaching is easy mate! I can do that as well. I have written to him and 20 other "gurus" asking them for their statements, if they were so good, only 2 bothered to reply.

Sandy did not even bother to reply. Been to his seminars, and yes he is a good talker, but an arrogant b***, who says he takes money from the "95%" > well then PROVE IT!
show me your statement!

teaching is easy mate! I can do that as well. I have written to him and 20 other "gurus" asking them for their statements, if they were so good, only 2 bothered to reply.

Sandy did not even bother to reply. Been to his seminars, and yes he is a good talker, but an arrogant b***, who says he takes money from the "95%" > well then PROVE IT!
show me your statement!

Great post, if he says he makes money,then he should prove it. I feel the same way about many of the so called mentors on this site. i quite happily call out my trades on the live forex thread,it doesnt take long