Unknown Startup Program

hampy

276 5
As a result of the Romansoft Credit Card Scam discussed in the last few days I thought I'd better do another look at my security.
Winpatrol has discovered the following startup program that I'm not familiar with:
c:\cpqs\scom\srmclean.exe.
Does anyone know what this might be?
Thanks in advance,
hampy

oatman

2,879 22
Suggest you kill it.

Srmclean helps in the installation and execution of the SoundMax SoftPaq for Compaq/ADI SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio. According to Compaq - "If you disable the entry from loading into startup, then you will not be able to use the features of the sound card"

Last edited:

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
From http://www.windowsstartup.com
<<<Srmclean helps in the installation and execution of the SoundMax SoftPaq for Compaq/ADI SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio. According to Compaq - "If you disable the entry from loading into startup, then you will not be able to use the features of the sound card">>>
Dave

hampy

276 5
Thanks folks,
hampy

bernie

12 0
Please can you tell me where the romansoft credit card scam was discussed because i cannot find the thread .
I amcurrently in dispute with my bank re debits on my account from romansoft.

oatman

2,879 22
Not so. On Pitstop recently, I posted a reply to someone and when I looked there were 3 more, all at the same time :eek: Now that's spooky

edit..........I should have saved it for the next time someone asks about timing :cheesy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock