Ultimate FX Profits. Greg Secker

He was never a trader/never ran a trading floor. He on ly worked for a couple of months in the back office. No actual trading. He has a FSA Filing against him and knowledge to action for false advertising/fraud.

I do know for a fact that K2A does have real traders who try to teach how to trade, they are not just sales people pretending to be traders.
I learnt how to trade from them, but obviously the people who tried to trade and failed are going to look for someone to blame and it isn't going to be themselves.

I do know for a fact that K2A does have real traders who try to teach how to trade, they are not just sales people pretending to be traders.
I learnt how to trade from them, but obviously the people who tried to trade and failed are going to look for someone to blame and it isn't going to be themselves.

wake up and see what we are saying. anyone can be a trader,if they were any good why are they working for him. If the course cost you £200 then no harm done and you may pick out some ideas,but just read all the stuff on him

wake up and see what we are saying. anyone can be a trader,if they were any good why are they working for him. If the course cost you £200 then no harm done and you may pick out some ideas,but just read all the stuff on him

I learnt from following their setups and their reasoning so that's why I believe in K2A. I know enough about trading now to know that they are the real deal. But I had done quite a lot of studying about FX trading previously.
Obviously there are just going to be people who struggle to understand and then fail, then they are going to need to look for someone to blame for it.
As for why they work at K2A, maybe they just like being part of a group? Who knows?
Also its not just the 2 day course that will help you learn trading in the end, its the other stuff they do too.

Thanks for that justification. Clearly it's a very logical argument to suggest that the only people who think he's a scam artist are all bitter and resentful of his teaching. Because that makes sense doesn't it.

I went along to his "seminar"...asked him lots of questions....few of which he could answer. He uses very subtle techniques to con people. E.g the y axis of the chart is not constant. He shows his "1:3 risk:reward ratios" on an axis that makes the upside look much bigger than it is. He know's very little about technical analysis, nothing about mean reversion or trend following or stat arb. Also to be frank...not even much about support/resistance. He then,,,when he realised i was basically sitting there with the sole purpose of exposing him decided to take another tack and praise me infront of the audience saying....we'd love to have you on our trading floor, you can have a significantly reduced fee. It's great that we can all benefit.....the usual sales ********. I also deliberately went twice and noticed that at the end when he says "who wants to sign up" the same few people get up and quickly say yes....e.g. people who he has working for him. This clearly alludes to success and the idea that it's something one should do. Other methods he employs are slight belittleing techniques like "write this down - this is important" and it will be something like: "success requires discipline","consider risk and reward".....nothing concreate....i would then say. What do you mean by discipline? Elaborate....give me an example. Explain what you think your edge it. More bs and no answers. I also asked him what tracding floor he used to sit on as i know people at GS, MS, Old Lehman (as i thought he might try that one), Citi...most of the big banks....all on the cash equities side aswell...and let me guess....he said NAB....I looked him up and there are no recorsds of him at NAB with the FSA....Something he'd have been required to have FSA Authorisation to do that.

So matey, in answer to your allegation that the only reason i think he's a plonker is that i supposedly didn't learn anything from him, why don't you pm me privately and we'll see just how much knowledge you have? Far more likely that you're just another person working for him or spam account that quickly retorts back inthe face of nagative pr against him. Because you know that forums like this are very very damaging against companies when there's negative press. E.g. I reference the whole Mike Baghadady scam that was briliantly exposed on here.

My thoughts on this are: why don't you actually run a legit business, stop trying to scam people and actually let free market economics work which benefits everyone in here. Rather than just clouding the truth which tbh is inevitable as your retorts will never outnumber the complaints and scam posts about KNowledge to action. Oh - and i've got their trading accounts if you'd like me to post them on here showing prolonged slow losses over three years.....oh sht. Come back to that one mate. I'm happy to post them....from their spreadbetting firm...photocopied pdfs.....oh sht.....drop the bomb.

Thanks for that justification. Clearly it's a very logical argument to suggest that the only people who think he's a scam artist are all bitter and resentful of his teaching. Because that makes sense doesn't it.

I went along to his "seminar"...asked him lots of questions....few of which he could answer. He uses very subtle techniques to con people. E.g the y axis of the chart is not constant. He shows his "1:3 risk:reward ratios" on an axis that makes the upside look much bigger than it is. He know's very little about technical analysis, nothing about mean reversion or trend following or stat arb. Also to be frank...not even much about support/resistance. He then,,,when he realised i was basically sitting there with the sole purpose of exposing him decided to take another tack and praise me infront of the audience saying....we'd love to have you on our trading floor, you can have a significantly reduced fee. It's great that we can all benefit.....the usual sales ********. I also deliberately went twice and noticed that at the end when he says "who wants to sign up" the same few people get up and quickly say yes....e.g. people who he has working for him. This clearly alludes to success and the idea that it's something one should do. Other methods he employs are slight belittleing techniques like "write this down - this is important" and it will be something like: "success requires discipline","consider risk and reward".....nothing concreate....i would then say. What do you mean by discipline? Elaborate....give me an example. Explain what you think your edge it. More bs and no answers. I also asked him what tracding floor he used to sit on as i know people at GS, MS, Old Lehman (as i thought he might try that one), Citi...most of the big banks....all on the cash equities side aswell...and let me guess....he said NAB....I looked him up and there are no recorsds of him at NAB with the FSA....Something he'd have been required to have FSA Authorisation to do that.

So matey, in answer to your allegation that the only reason i think he's a plonker is that i supposedly didn't learn anything from him, why don't you pm me privately and we'll see just how much knowledge you have? Far more likely that you're just another person working for him or spam account that quickly retorts back inthe face of nagative pr against him. Because you know that forums like this are very very damaging against companies when there's negative press. E.g. I reference the whole Mike Baghadady scam that was briliantly exposed on here.

My thoughts on this are: why don't you actually run a legit business, stop trying to scam people and actually let free market economics work which benefits everyone in here. Rather than just clouding the truth which tbh is inevitable as your retorts will never outnumber the complaints and scam posts about KNowledge to action. Oh - and i've got their trading accounts if you'd like me to post them on here showing prolonged slow losses over three years.....oh sht. Come back to that one mate. I'm happy to post them....from their spreadbetting firm...photocopied pdfs.....oh sht.....drop the bomb.

I was not taught by Greg, it was other people from K2A. I had a positive experience with K2A, you obviously did not.
What they teach basically boils down to picking out retracements or breakouts and only risking 1% per trade and getting a decent risk reward ratio, there's no scam to be found in any of that.
I basically knew about all of that before I did the course anyway but it was good for confidence at the beginning to follow other peoples setups.

I was not taught by Greg, it was other people from K2A. I had a positive experience with K2A, you obviously did not.
What they teach basically boils down to picking out retracements or breakouts and only risking 1% per trade and getting a decent risk reward ratio, there's no scam to be found in any of that.
I basically knew about all of that before I did the course anyway but it was good for confidence at the beginning to follow other peoples setups.

Forex Megadroid didnt work out for you then?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/63838-forex-megadroid-ea-13.html#post1635484

I recently went to a Knowledge to Action 'free seminar' purely for fun and I thought I would get a free lunch, seeing it was lunchtime! It was held at a nice hotel on the way to my office so I popped in and drained a couple of coffees, no lunch was served and I was disappointed (settled for a Morrisons sandwich afterwards)

In all seriousness I was interested in their sales techniques. What I thought would be 1 hour turned into a 2 hour sales pitch a lot of subtle and not so subtle sales techniques were used. All in all I think for them it is a numbers game, get 20 people in a room and probably 2 people will be dumb enough to sign up, that's all they need. Look like the demographic they go for is the 40+ recently made redundant or has a bit of money behind them. They start off quoting a price of like £13k and then proceed to say for today and today only it's £2997 or something.

The underlying message of the presentation was that trading is very easy, you only need 10 minutes a day and you should be earning £4k per month within 3 months. The presenter kept saying he had trades running as we speak but the internet was 'down' on his dongle and he couldnt show us. Funny that as my smart phone was working fine. He said that he didnt need to work as he traded for a living but Greg asked him personally to do the seminars and he thought why not it will be 'fun' lol.

The sales pitch ended with the delegates being told that sign up forms were at the back of the room. I rolled up first and said 'I wanted to think about it and chat to my wife first', I received a terse 'it's not for you then' from a 20 something oik. I can only assume this was either an attempt at reverse psychology or just his inner anger coming out at being in such at shi77ty job. It may have also been an attempt to get me out the room quickly as there were some other deep pocketed grey hairs sidling up.

I did notice a little A5 book with Seckers face on the cover laid out on the back table, I went to swipe one and was told I couldn't take anything away, nothing, nada, zip. Since the 'seminar' I have received about 10 phone calls form their company trying to get me to sign up.

If someone got in one of those seminars with recording equipment I think they would be in big trouble. Not sure why trading standards dont just sign up, get themselves mic'd up and close them down. ho hum.

The reason why all these courses are crap, is for one reason, they all teach 'setups', ie if A happens and then B, look to trade at point C then put you stop at x and take profits at Y.

Yes, it all sounds so great, just watch and wait then trade, take profit, repeat. Of course, that's what everyone wants to hear, along with the usual crap of 'work for yourself, no commute, make more money (queue lots of pictures of fast cars, villas with pools etc).

Now for the reality. Successful trading is not about setups, if it was, then 99% of traders here, including me, would have no chance because all the setups ever designed would be controlled by the trades with the deepest pockets and best computers.

So the fact that we are here, we do all stand a chance, is because the market is not about simple setups and it probably never will.

if the markets are not about simple setups then what are they about, they;re about 'reading', reading the price action, understanding it, getting fooled by it, getting tricked by it an recognising that fact. Want to learn how to do that, well it's probably like learning to write complex Chinese prose. Very possible for most of us after years of study but then telling the desperate man in the street that real facts won't sell any courses.....

As others have said, you will learn things on these courses, just not how to make money. And all the stuff you learn could be picked up for free. Where do you think the seminar sellers get their material from.....

Nicolas, I cannot find the alerts in the Financial Authority. Do you have more details about it?

Tks

Nicholas,

The UK Financial Services Authority has issued an alert concerning Knowledge to Action Ltd (link below).

They have also had a complaint against them upheld by the Advertising Standards Authority. They were found to have breached the code in 2 instances where their advertising was found to be misleading. They also advertise that they were finalists in the National Business Awards, however when you check the awards website they are not listed as a finalist.

If you do a google search for the above mentioned people and organisations with the word 'scam' in the search and you will get more information.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/seminars-tutors/93702-fsa-alert-knowledge-action.html

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Re.../knowledge.pdf

I looked for Learn To Trade as well. I could not find it either. I saw this attached in one of these forums. I just cannot find it again.
I am considering doing some sort of action agains K2A, Learn To Trade or whatever. They keep saying blatant lies and I lost too much money to stay quiet.

Hi All.

Seriously thinking about taking the above mentioned course. Does anyone have experience of the "Ultimate Forex Profits" course which is run by "Knoledge to Action" and owned by Mr. Secker.

Any comments would be very well received.

Thanks and all the best. Nick.

As long as you know how to buy and sell, the rest of the knowledge you can learn from this forum. Try to open a micro account with £200, you will learn everything from there.

Best of Luck!

As I said to a journalist writing for the Guardian recently about trading courses :-

all boils down to 1 thing.......

how much money do you want to pay to learn what is available for free online ?

at best these trading courses are an expensive way to learn basic trading skills

at worse they are "hard sell" methods to get you into more and more expensive courses and to buy those "guaranteed" trading systems that never fail and make you £100,000 a year

your money your choice....and Mr Secker and others are always happy to take your money

N

i was about to join this course

Do you honestly believe the price was £3k to start with? It was never £3k, nor will it ever be, rather it's a sales technique, same as the crappy 'testimonials'. All designed solely to hook the greedy and naive.

What I'd like to see is the testimonial people giving their real thoughts, and I mean being 100% honest, 1-2 years after they took the course. Somehow I don't think 98% of them would feel dreadfully let down and they wouldn't be making the big bucks and easy second incomes etc for their 20 minutes work a day.

i was about to join this course and i have paid an booking amount .. which is refundable should i go for it or not