Ukraine invasion

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for September 21, 2022
  • Referendums have been announced across Russian-held territory in Ukraine.
  • If incorporated into the Russian Federation, Moscow could upgrade the special military operation significantly.
  • The US Department of Defence, in a recent briefing, seems to acknowledge the limits of what aid it can provide Ukraine.
  • Western analysts appear to agree that Ukraine’s offensives may have been a final gamble, exhausting their reserves and leaving them at the mercy of subsequent Russian escalations.

I wonder if they will be similar to the 2014 Crimean referendum.:)
1663723031440.png

I wonder if they will be similar to the 2014 Crimean referendum.:)
R_L,
That will inevitably be the claim in the event that the results favour the Russians. That idea is already being seeded by MSM - and now you! ;)

It's worth bearing in mind, I think, that any election result that goes against what the liberal elite dictate is immediately dismissed as rigged or fraudulent. Examples being the Brexit result here in the U.K., and the election of Trump in the U.S. The latter, of course, was quite erroneously blamed on Putin. It seems everything is Putin's fault, including all the the things that provably are not, the most recent example being inflation and the cost of living crisis.
Tim.

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for September 21, 2022
  • If incorporated into the Russian Federation, Moscow could upgrade the special military operation significantly.
  • The US Department of Defence, in a recent briefing, seems to acknowledge the limits of what aid it can provide Ukraine.
  • Western analysts appear to agree that Ukraine’s offensives may have been a final gamble, exhausting their reserves and leaving them at the mercy of subsequent Russian escalations.

The USA is now...DEMOCRACY...grrr
1663745720051.png

It seems everything is Putin's fault
Not everything, but some things ...
I'd guess the “partial mobilization” is a sign things aren't going too well. Or, maybe it's another "gesture of goodwill" to have more resources for that big military victory parade the people desire.
1663766102910.png

R_L,
That will inevitably be the claim in the event that the results favour the Russians. That idea is already being seeded by MSM - and now you! ;)
I'd think being under Russian control is so popular that there is no need the rig an election.

And in Russia itself, most think the elections are free, fair, and impartial.
1663766354620.png

:)

Russian elections per se are decent.
The point is that real competitors are prevented to partecipate.
Referendums in occupied territories are a totally different story.

I don't blame Putin for Brexit.
I don't blame Putin for Trump.
I dont' blame Putin for climate change.
I dont' blame Putin for covid.

I blame Putin for war in Ukraine (the subject of this discussion)
Inflation is mostly due to money printing for covid lockdowns.
At least 30% of inflation is due to energy price and war in Ukraine.

Russian elections per se are decent.
CV,
You and I aren't as far apart in our views as some people might think reading our posts on here. I agree with everything you say, but include some edits in blue.

I don't blame Putin for Brexit.
I don't blame Putin for Trump.
I dont' blame Putin for climate change.
I dont' blame Putin for covid.

I blame Putin for war in Ukraine (the subject of this discussion)
I blame U.S. foreign policy. While Putin is not blameless, the root cause is the U.S. (who actively want/need this war)
Inflation is mostly due to money printing for covid lockdowns.
At least 30% of inflation is due to energy price and war in Ukraine.

Niki was determinad to stay in Russia but he is changing his mind, the majority of Russian youtubers I was following has already left.

Nail on the head truth bombs from 'The Duran'. Enjoy . . .

Yeah, everything is great in Russia.;)
The document, the result of months of work by officials and experts trying to assess the true impact of Russia’s economic isolation due to President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, paints a far more dire picture than officials usually do in their upbeat public pronouncements. Bloomberg viewed a copy of the report, drafted for a closed-door meeting of top officials on Aug. 30. People familiar with the deliberations confirmed its authenticity.

One thing for sure, the travel industry in Russia is booming!
flights_out_of_russia.gif

:D

Yeah, everything is great in Russia.;)
It's the same ol' story R_L: the difference between what you want to happen (fantasy) and what actually is happening (reality). The disconnect grows ever larger and, as the west and U.S. in particular watch their hegemony evaporating like never before - they become ever more desperate. Basically, it's game over for them: they've completely miscalculated the entire thing and are paying the price for their hubris, arrogance and self importance. Will they learn their lesson or will they continue to double down and make a bad situation worse? That, sadly, is a no-brainer. Consequently, we'll see more and more articles like the one you linked to and more crazy stories of Russians taking microchips out of washing machines to put into warheards and other such nonsense. It's pathetic, truly pathetic.
Tim.