Ukraine invasion

These are the kinds of morons you get trying to report the news on MSM and Bloomberg is absolutely no exception. You can infer the intelligence of the target audience.
I'm surprised that DarwinAYC didn't post this video on her 'Do you think the time will come when the world will only have one currency?' thread - as it appears to reflect her thinking pretty well.
:ROFLMAO:

"@timsk Did you mention that it is the Biden administration that is redefining what 'Recession' means?"
Good point - and no I haven't. I'll hold fire on that for now as I don't want to upset R_L anymore than I already have!
Tim.

Last edited:
Firstly, you appear to be confused about what 'The Duran' are. In one post they're 'influencers' - now they're 'beggars' (although you don't explain what they're begging for) and 'opinionators'. Which is it? Another rhetorical question of course because they're none of the above.
No, it's all of the above. They are trying to influence their flock with their opinions, and their videos have the evidence for begging.
1664144254593.png

What they are is a very popular geopolitical podcast
And podcasts are:
1664144351551.png

you're unable to address the points they make and so, instead, have to resort to shooting the messenger and ad hominem put downs.
I don't dispute opinions from the video like
"I'm not a technical person but I'm sure you're right actually"
"I'm not an expert on the subject of chips by the way"
or facts like
"I'm talking about me and you how do two guys that sit in their home laptop internet connection"

I replied to the post with the video to show evidence that Russia's economy isn't doing as well as the pro-Russian disinformation services project.

You appear to be saying that the reason Bloomberg don't link to the report is because if they did I might suddenly be found dead under mysterious circumstances. Your thinking is so confused that I really don't know where to start! Suffice to say, we both know the only reason Bloomberg doesn't provide a link is because there's information in the report that either doesn't support - or more likely negates - the narrative they so desperately want their readers to believe.
Media companies do this to protect their sources. Do you think the Russian government would award the report leaker with a medal? I didn't think so.

Just one more thing ...
there's no need to patronise me with links to definitions. In the highly unlikely event that you use a word I'm unfamiliar with, I'm perfectly capable of looking it up for myself.
I'm not trying to insult you (well, maybe a little;)). The links are to add a little humor and to help readers who might not be on top of English slang and/or idioms.

No, it's all of the above. They are trying to influence their flock with their opinions, and their videos have the evidence for begging.
R_L,
The Duran are no more begging than Bloomberg. This is easy to prove. Click on this link to Bloomberg. Top right, just below the ticker tape, what do you see? Correct, a button that says subscribe. Nuff said!

As n_t pointed out in his last post, if you think that Bloomberg are merely trying to report the news faithfully and in an unbiased manner and not influence their subscribers with their opinions and agenda - then you are being spectacularly naive.
I've no idea what the point is that you're trying to make? I find videos / podcasts by The Duran and The New Atlas entertaining.
I don't dispute opinions from the video like

"I'm not a technical person but I'm sure you're right actually"
"I'm not an expert on the subject of chips by the way"
or facts like
"I'm talking about me and you how do two guys that sit in their home laptop internet connection"
Isn't it refreshing when honest people with integrity hold up their hands and admit they don't know ABC or that XYZ is outside their field of expertise. Personally, I'm much more inclined to take them seriously than I am someone who clearly has an agenda and is trying to bullpoo their audience with nonsense - as with the Bloomberg article.
I replied to the post with the video to show evidence that Russia's economy isn't doing as well as the pro-Russian disinformation services project.
As I made clear in my last post, everything's relative. The Russian economy is doing waaaaaaay better than the west anticipated and their pointless sanctions have completely backfired and are hurting their own economies waaaaaaay more than they expected.
Media companies do this to protect their sources. Do you think the Russian government would award the report leaker with a medal? I didn't think so.
Protecting their source - as in who leaked the report - is entirely fair and reasonable. But that's not the issue here. The issue is that they claim to have a copy of the report and are cherry picking what they mistakenly think are damaging quotes from it to make a wholly unconvincing argument that the Russian economy is going down the pan. There's absolutely no reason why they can't provide a link to the original document without compromising their source. That they don't do that can only be for one reason.
Just one more thing ...

I'm not trying to insult you (well, maybe a little;)). The links are to add a little humor and to help readers who might not be on top of English slang and/or idioms.
Okay, fair enough and I withdraw my accusation about you patronising me.
Tim.

https://southfront.org/how-america-is-crushing-europe/

U.S. Blew Up Russian Gas Pipelines Nord Stream 1 & 2, Says Former Polish Defense Minister

Biden: "If Russia invades, then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."
Reporter: "But how will you do that, exactly, since...the project is in Germany's control?"
Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."

Just imagine if the U.S. have slipped up and failed to cover their tracks properly and indisputable evidence emerges that shows beyond doubt that they are behind the sabotage. The entire west would go into meltdown and the U.S. would become an international pariah. European leaders would go grovelling to Putin at the Kremlin with their apologies and this senseless, pointless war would be brought to a swift end. Yeah, I know, pigs can fly etc.

That said, this incident only goes to show that the conflict is nothing to do with Ukrainian sovereignty and democracy, it's all about the U.S.'s addiction to power and money. They want the west completely dependant upon them - for everything and, being the mugs that we are - we're falling for their BS. Perhaps this will be the wake up call that's needed for their lackeys to think again and ask the question: 'is U.S. foreign policy aligned with the best interests of the west'? Those of us on the right side of the argument on this thread and elsewhere know the answer to that - and have done since the start of this war.
Tim.

Last edited:
Just the start?

Thousands protest Russia sanctions in Germany's Schwerin​

Crowds have gathered in Schwerin, northern Germany to rally against the country's policies on Russia and arms shipments to Ukraine. The protesters claim the sanctions are driving the fuel energy crisis and rising inflation.

The evidence is overwhelming, this is fake and the only reason these people are happy is because the Russian army is pointing a gun at them.

The evidence is overwhelming, this is fake and the only reason these people are happy is because the Russian army is pointing a gun at them.

All the lies in the Western media are blamed by the high turnout.

The position of the West shows that all the Western countries are against real democratic decisions - also in their own country.

Last edited:
Just the start?

Thousands protest Russia sanctions in Germany's Schwerin​

Crowds have gathered in Schwerin, northern Germany to rally against the country's policies on Russia and arms shipments to Ukraine. The protesters claim the sanctions are driving the fuel energy crisis and rising inflation.
No, there will be more protests like these:;)