Ukraine invasion

Either you don't watch Brian's videos or, if you do, you don't pay attention
Here is a (timestamped) video that your BrainBrian posted today.
They're using exclusively contract soldiers.
Maybe he spends so much time trying to manufacture the news that he doesn't read the news.
Example 1:
The Kremlin has said repeatedly it won’t deploy conscripts to Ukraine, but there have been several confirmed cases of them being sent into combat during the campaign.
Example 2
Pozdeyev was among the Russian conscripts captured by Ukrainian forces after President Vladimir Putin ordered his forces to invade the country in February.

Ukraine displayed Pozdeyev and four other barely trained Russian soldiers in Kyiv before global media on March 14 to embarrass the Kremlin, which had repeatedly denied conscripts were taking part in the war.
Example 3:
Russia uses conscript soldiers for war in Ukraine

You so need to read, mark, learn and inwardly digest every syllable of this article (posted earlier in the thread) by Prof. Jeffery Sachs:
THE WEST’S FALSE NARRATIVE ABOUT RUSSIA AND CHINA
Some syllables from the article:
Yet the real history starts with the Western promise to Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev that NATO would not enlarge to the East
Prof. Jeffery Sachs might need a remedial history lesson since these promises did not happen.

I'm not sure of the accuracy, but I found some footage claiming to be from the recent Kharkiv gesture of goodwilldefeat.:)
dusty_rhodes_puts_ivan_koloff_in_coffin.gif

I wonder if the silver bet is still on offer !

I wouldn't be interested in 1 bar mind.
Perhaps 10 could tempt me and as a side bet, another 10 that Zelensky gets the Nobel peace prize in the next 2 years.

Bear this in mind though.
An actual expert believes the Russians are done for in Ukraine.

Last edited:
c_v,
Either you don't watch Brian's videos or, if you do, you don't pay attention. Brian goes into great detail about all of Ukraine's so called 'successes'. Far from ignoring or shying away from them - he addresses them head on. The reason he doesn't do it very often is simply because there are so few of them.

The Kherson counter-offensive wasn't just a failure - it was a complete disaster. Ukraine lost untold numbers of troops and kit. This is widely accepted and acknowledged and born out by the pro-Ukrainian military maps that show little or no territorial gain by Zelensky's forces. Ukrainian top brass then became under huge pressure - as in massive - to pull something out of the bag - and quickly. They were (and still are) desperate. They had to do something, anything, in order to justify the £$billions wasted on them by the west and to give the likes of you, CV and R_L some hope. So, what they did was all they could do. Namely, they focused on the areas that were poorly defended by the Russians and decided to swamp them with troops and kit. The Russians, being sensible, made a tactical withdrawal, thereby conserving most of their troops and kit to literally fight another day elsewhere. Meanwhile, western puppet masters and MSM celebrate this great 'victory' [cough], Ukrainian forces are stuck defending territory that holds no great strategic value. Now, that might be your idea of 'playing a blinder', but I'd call it more of a blunder, a hollow victory and a strategic mistake that will likely be very costly to Ukraine in the future.

You don't appear to understand that it's Russia who's running the show and it's up to them to determine what and where the 'main focus of operations' are. Ukraine's job is merely to defend.

The only thing that's embarrassing is how easily you've been duped by western propaganda and your inability to form any kind of logical argument to support your position. (More in that, below.)

Astonishing and very troubling. Of all the wishful thinking, pie in the sky, fantastical nonsense that you've posted c_v, this comment trumps them all. If you seriously think that a conflict of this kind is determined by what one side states it will be, then you really haven't got a grasp - let alone a firm one - on how the world works. It's precisely because of such arrogance and hubris that we're in the mess we're in. You so need to read, mark, learn and inwardly digest every syllable of this article (posted earlier in the thread) by Prof. Jeffery Sachs:
THE WEST’S FALSE NARRATIVE ABOUT RUSSIA AND CHINA

As always when you're presented with 'cr4p' you don't like and have no answer for - you dismiss the presenter. To give you your dues, you really are expert at shooting the messenger and completely ignoring the message. If Brian's logic is flawed and the conclusions he draws are incorrect, then it should be easy enough to highlight them, explain their shortcomings and then present an alternative - more credible - explanation. That you so very rarely ever do that tells us all that we need to know about the strength and substance of your argument.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Tim.

Ah the same Jeffrey Sachs that believes in everything that you don't.

Climate change, pandemic, build back better, vaccination, globalism, anti Trump.
Did I miss any?

Destroyed and seized equipment

During September 6-11, according to the General Staff, 2,850 occupiers and 590 pieces of equipment were destroyed, the value of which, according to Forbes, exceeds $670 million. A significant part of the equipment was destroyed during the counteroffensive in the Kharkiv region (what exactly - it is difficult to establish with certainty). Enemy losses were 86 tanks and 158 armored fighting vehicles, 106 artillery systems, 159 vehicles and 46 units of other equipment.

The enemy's most expensive loss is the Moskva-1 electronic warfare complex ($57 million), which was destroyed in the Zaporizhzhia region. In Kharkiv Oblast, the occupiers lost a Su-34 fighter-bomber ($36 million) and a counter-battery radar system "Zoopark-1M" ($25 million).

Not all the equipment lost by the Russians was destroyed. According to the analytical project Oryx , from September 6 to 10, the Ukrainian military seized 129 pieces of equipment, which Forbes estimates at $104 million, including nine Msta-S and Msta-B howitzers worth more than $43 million. There are memes circulating on the Internet that in one week, Russia "provided" more military equipment to Ukraine than most allies have since the start of a full-scale war.

A sample vid from a great channel.

Brian should subscribe then he might be tempted to post some accurate information on the real situation for the Russian cannon fodder troops inside Ukraine.

Ah the same Jeffrey Sachs that believes in everything that you don't.

Climate change, pandemic, build back better, vaccination, globalism, anti Trump.
Did I miss any?
c_v,
Three things:
1. What does one have to do to get you to focus on the message and stop shooting the fekcing messenger? Jeeeeeeeez!!! Is your argument really so weak that all you're capable of doing is attacking the latter and completely ignoring the former? It certainly looks that way.

2. The difference is in that word 'believes'. Sachs may believe in all the things you list but, in the article I linked to, he's voicing his professional opinion on a topic that he's an expert in. It's the difference between you writing about the oil and gas industry vs climate change, the pandemic and build back better etc. With the former you're a well qualified and experienced professional who warrants being listened to; with the latter you're just a layman (like me) spouting what he believes.

3. This criticism of Sachs' (not his article) does not sit well coming from you of all people, given your own views on
climate change, the pandemic, build back better etc. which are in stark contrast to those of your new best friends in MSM. Suddenly, when it comes to Putin, you're more than happy to embrace and believe verbatim everything the BBC et al say without question, even though you know full well that they have an agenda regarding all the other issues you list. But, for some strange, illogical and inconsistent reason, you don't think they have an agenda re. Putin and are simply reporting the facts. This makes no sense whatsoever, it's too weird and must surely niggle you.
;)
Tim.

I wonder if the silver bet is still on offer !

I wouldn't be interested in 1 bar mind.
Perhaps 10 could tempt me
Yep, you're on.
Same terms as the bet with CV as outlined and agreed upon in post #2,279. The only difference being the size of the bet: the winner receives 10 oz (ten) of 999 fine silver.
So, do we have a deal?
and as a side bet, another 10 that Zelensky gets the Nobel peace prize in the next 2 years.
No, no side bet as I agree with you about that.
It just goes to show how fukced up the system is that rewards someone with a 'peace' prize for fighting a war he can't possibly win and results in the death of tens of thousands of his own people. Utterly sickening.
Tim.

Yep, you're on.
Same terms as the bet with CV as outlined and agreed upon in post #2,279. The only difference being the size of the bet: the winner receives 10 oz (ten) of 999 fine silver.
So, do we have a deal?

No, no side bet as I agree with you about that.
It just goes to show how fukced up the system is that rewards someone with a 'peace' prize for fighting a war he can't possibly win and results in the death of tens of thousands of his own people. Utterly sickening.
Tim.

Ok it's on.

Likely Ukraine tactics, from my POV.

1) Maintain recently re-occupied territories in the recent counter offensive. This should be fairly straight forward as the Russians seem more interested in running away and abandoning their equipment than defending farmland.

2) Ukraine to maintain increased level of activity to the West of Kherson (keep the Ruskies busy on that front), whilst Ukraine push Southwards on the East side of the Dnipro river towards Melitopol and beyond, thus cutting the land bridge between Crimea and Donetsk Luhansk regions. It also has the benefit of avoiding but isolating the Nuclear facility at Zaporizhzhia.

Isolating Crimea and Kherson Oblast regions from the land bridge should be Ukraine's top priority as this will play equally badly at a ground level (troop demoralisation) but also politically back home in Russia. With no land route to Crimea, then the bridge at Kerch is the only means of supply and or escape and can be taken out at will at any time of Ukraine's choosing.

3) Donetsk and Luhansk really ought to be the last priority for Ukraine. The Russian troops will be so pissed off if Ukraine achieves the second objective, that they might well decide to up sticks and fek off home.

4) Ukraine should not consider negotiating with Russia at all. The Russian command inside Ukraine will collapse along with with troop surrender and desertion or refusal to carry out orders.

Map for reference.

Zelensky also needs to get a grip of Germany's Scholz.

Germany has been back pedaling recently in their commitment to both the Ukrainians legitimate cause, but also the wider security of Europe.

He needs to remind Scholz of what the Ukrainians have achieved when munitions and equipment are used by a first rate fighting force. The thinly veiled threat should be that Germany needs to continue supplying whatever was promised otherwise, the temporary pipeline outages (by Russia) might become permanent (under Ukraine).

I'm sure that would grab Scholz's attention.

He needs watching !

Zelensky also needs to get a grip
Agreed!
Germany has been back pedaling recently in their commitment to both the Ukrainians legitimate cause, but also the wider security of Europe.
The only threat to the wider security of Europe is coming from U.S. foreign policy.
He needs to remind Scholz of what the Ukrainians have achieved when munitions and equipment are used by a first rate fighting force. The thinly veiled threat should be that Germany needs to continue supplying whatever was promised otherwise, the temporary pipeline outages (by Russia) might become permanent (under Ukraine).
Clearly, Zelensky is a good actor, I'll give him that. However, he's a lousy politician as well as being a corrupt and dangerous man. If he is stupid enough to do as you advise (possible, sadly), he'd end up not only pi$$ing off his largest neighbour, but also his richest and most powerful one, upon whom he'll doubtless come to with cap in hand for funds to re-build Ukraine when a settlement is finally reached through diplomacy.
I'm sure that would grab Scholz's attention.
Agreed. And if I was Scholz I'd use every bit of leverage I could muster to make Zelensky's life even more miserable than it currently is. He can forget about ever joining the EU for starters!
He needs watching !

Sounds like Scholz is one of the few people who has his head screwed on the right way and realises that this conflict is a disaster for all concerned; no one benefits and the costs in terms of lives lost or ruined and financial hardship felt further afield are immense. Let's hope that Biden and Truss heeds his council and steps are taken to resolve this war peacefully before it escalates to nuclear weapons which, as things stand, looks increasingly likely.
Tim.

In this video, Backpedaling Bumbling Brian, tells us that he got it very wrong.

No sh1t Brian. I have news for you. You are totally wrong about everything Ukraine !

It's got to the point that 5 mins of this numpty is way more than enough. He has no clue what the situation is in Ukraine. Just making it up, putting it all on youtube and raking in the cash to fund his living in Thailand dream.

Last edited:
In this video, Backpedaling Bumbling Brian, tells us that he got it very wrong.

No sh1t Brian. I have news for you. You are totally wrong about everything Ukraine !

It's got to the point that 5 mins of this numpty is way more than enough. He has no clue what the situation is in Ukraine. Just making it up, putting it all on youtube and raking in the cash to fund his living in Thailand dream.
c_v,
This is becoming very tiresome.
Anyone subscribed to this thread and watches Brian's videos can see that his analysis is thorough and very well thought out. Indeed, most of it is based on western pro-Ukrainian sources which is what makes it so compelling. And that of course is the reason why you're so desperate to trash him with your ad hominem attacks. You know he's right and you have no credible answers to the points he makes. So, do yourself a favour and knock it on the head, not just because it's very boring for everyone, but because it also reflects very badly on you.

As I've said before, if Brian's logic is flawed and the conclusions he draws are incorrect, then it should be really easy to highlight them, explain their shortcomings and then present an alternative - more credible - explanation. With that in mind, listed below are the points that Brian makes in the update that you posted. Surprise us all and offer - if you can - some intelligent analysis along the lines I've outlined. Thus far, you've failed spectacularly to do this. So, prove me wrong and if you can do that then, like Brian, I'll put my hands up and give credit where it's due. That's what sensible people with integrity do.
  • Ukraine’s recent offensive in Kherson remains stalled.
  • Ukraine’s advance into Kharkov took place with an absence of Russian forces present.
  • Ukraine’s offensive in Kharkov has slowed down as Ukrainian forces meet larger concentrations of Russian and local militia forces.
  • Russia hitting Ukrainian electrical infrastructure may signal an escalation beyond its special military operation
  • Ukraine may still launch yet another offensive operation, but likely toward directions with significantly more Russian troops than Kharkov.
  • Rumours persist that Russia is receiving drones from Iran and artillery shells and rockets from North Korea - if true it would enable Russia to either increase the intensity of their operation in Ukraine, or extend it for a longer duration.

Foe those of you still drunk on the territorial advances made by Ukrainian forces over the past week or so, the article linked below might help you to sober up and confront the realities of the situation. Winning a single battle is one thing, winning the war is an entirely different matter.
The Kharkov Game-Changer

c_v,
This is becoming very tiresome.
Anyone subscribed to this thread and watches Brian's videos can see that his analysis is thorough and very well thought out. Indeed, most of it is based on western pro-Ukrainian sources which is what makes it so compelling. And that of course is the reason why you're so desperate to trash him with your ad hominem attacks. You know he's right and you have no credible answers to the points he makes. So, do yourself a favour and knock it on the head, not just because it's very boring for everyone, but because it also reflects very badly on you.

As I've said before, if Brian's logic is flawed and the conclusions he draws are incorrect, then it should be really easy to highlight them, explain their shortcomings and then present an alternative - more credible - explanation. With that in mind, listed below are the points that Brian makes in the update that you posted. Surprise us all and offer - if you can - some intelligent analysis along the lines I've outlined. Thus far, you've failed spectacularly to do this. So, prove me wrong and if you can do that then, like Brian, I'll put my hands up and give credit where it's due. That's what sensible people with integrity do.
  • Ukraine’s recent offensive in Kherson remains stalled.
  • Ukraine’s advance into Kharkov took place with an absence of Russian forces present.
  • Ukraine’s offensive in Kharkov has slowed down as Ukrainian forces meet larger concentrations of Russian and local militia forces.
  • Russia hitting Ukrainian electrical infrastructure may signal an escalation beyond its special military operation
  • Ukraine may still launch yet another offensive operation, but likely toward directions with significantly more Russian troops than Kharkov.
  • Rumours persist that Russia is receiving drones from Iran and artillery shells and rockets from North Korea - if true it would enable Russia to either increase the intensity of their operation in Ukraine, or extend it for a longer duration.

The fact that Brian can admit he got something wrong gives him more credibility. Nobody had to sue him either.