Ukraine invasion

CV,
You're being disingenuous.
Absolutely no one is suggesting that understanding Russia, Ukraine and Putin's agenda is anything other than highly relevant and extremely important. Indeed, that's exactly what At', histo', n_t and I have been doing all along. However, as you well know, that's not relevant to the specific videos I've posted - or the subsequent points I've made in response to you shooting the messenger rather than criticising the message. That's what you're failing to address. It's such a simple point and one that everyone (else) understands is the last resort for those who don't have a strong argument. Don't do it - it doesn't do anything other than reflect badly on you and leaves the reader little alternative but to assume that your argument is so vacuous that that you have nothing of any real substance to say. Sadly, that certainly appears to be the case.
Tim.

Disingenuous? I'd say the arguments against you are tantamount to trolling.

Russia is another Super Power and limits what the West can do by backing other smaller nations trying to protect their own interests.

If not for Russia the ME would be totally 100% carved out and Western owned much like Africa was. Africa richest continent in the World for natural mineral resources and yet totally owned by foreign companies and national interests.

When Kuwait was invaded by Iraq, they had to pay the US billions to fight their war. As wars goes that was one of the most profitable of all time. After Iraq was destroyed any other nation who wanted to bid for construction had to pay into become a member of a consortium managed by the Yanks. Guess who got most of those contracts? Although it cost US 7 Trillion to their tax payer, private corporations probably made that and probably more in rebuilding and effectively owning Iraq.

So the story goes. Here we are in Ukraine.

That earlier post about payments of gold and payments to the US supporting their war against Russia continues.

Do the people see or have a voice in what goes on in our free democratic world?

Does Zelensky have a brain?

Do people think?

Russia is not a superpower, that's why they are losing.

At best, Russia is China's puppet trouble maker in Europe.
Just wait a little while and we will see where Russia ends up :ROFLMAO:

1. Russia's agenda is to stop NATO expansion to her borders.
2. Protect pro-Russian civilians being exterminated by Nazi Avoz Battalion supported by Ukrainian government.
3. Stop US funding Biolabs conducting dangerous R&D next door.

These are all facts.

Nothing to do with Putin.
Nothing to do with political systems.
Nothing to do with supporting democracy.
You forgot one.;)

Brian will not be happy !
c_v,
You know that smug smile you had on your face when you posted this? Well, if you want to keep it, don't watch this latest update from Brian in which he focuses on the much trumpeted Ukrainian counter-offensive to re-take Kherson. Spoiler alert: the bottom line is that even if Zelensky's forces are successful in this endeavour, (and that's a big if), the price they pay in terms of lost territory elsewhere will be huge and their victory will be short lived. It won't make any difference to the eventual outcome of the war. Like I've been saying all along, the net effect will be merely to slow the Russian advance, nothing more. In the meantime, the needless death and destruction continues.

c_v,
You know that smug smile you had on your face when you posted this? Well, if you want to keep it, don't watch this latest update from Brian in which he focuses on the much trumpeted Ukrainian counter-offensive to re-take Kherson. Spoiler alert: the bottom line is that even if Zelensky's forces are successful in this endeavour, (and that's a big if), the price they pay in terms of lost territory elsewhere will be huge and their victory will be short lived. It won't make any difference to the eventual outcome of the war. Like I've been saying all along, the net effect will be merely to slow the Russian advance, nothing more. In the meantime, the needless death and destruction continues.

I think the HIMARS has been a game changer...The Ukrainians are successfully blowing up their own bridges :ROFLMAO:
and Russian forces have only taken over Ukraine's second-biggest power plant, not the biggest.

This is the next Wonder Weapon the USA will send to Ukraine, Russia has no chance!

Energy prices are rocketing, inflation is soaring and millions are being starved of grain. Surely Johnson knew this would happen?

Western sanctions against Russia are the most ill-conceived and counterproductive policy in recent international history. Military aid to Ukraine is justified, but the economic war is ineffective against the regime in Moscow, and devastating for its unintended targets. World energy prices are rocketing, inflation is soaring, supply chains are chaotic and millions are being starved of gas, grain and fertiliser. Yet Vladimir Putin’s barbarity only escalates – as does his hold over his own people.

To criticise western sanctions is close to anathema. Defence analysts are dumb on the subject. Strategy thinktanks are silent. Britain’s putative leaders, Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, compete in belligerent rhetoric, promising ever tougher sanctions without a word of purpose. Yet, hint at scepticism on the subject and you will be excoriated as “pro-Putin” and anti-Ukraine. Sanctions are the war cry of the west’s crusade.

No shit Sherlock.

Needs to be repeated.

To criticise western sanctions is close to anathema. Defence analysts are dumb on the subject.

Energy prices are rocketing, inflation is soaring and millions are being starved of grain. Surely Johnson knew this would happen?

Western sanctions against Russia are the most ill-conceived and counterproductive policy in recent international history. Military aid to Ukraine is justified, but the economic war is ineffective against the regime in Moscow, and devastating for its unintended targets. World energy prices are rocketing, inflation is soaring, supply chains are chaotic and millions are being starved of gas, grain and fertiliser. Yet Vladimir Putin’s barbarity only escalates – as does his hold over his own people.

To criticise western sanctions is close to anathema. Defence analysts are dumb on the subject. Strategy thinktanks are silent. Britain’s putative leaders, Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak, compete in belligerent rhetoric, promising ever tougher sanctions without a word of purpose. Yet, hint at scepticism on the subject and you will be excoriated as “pro-Putin” and anti-Ukraine. Sanctions are the war cry of the west’s crusade.

No shit Sherlock.

Needs to be repeated.

To criticise western sanctions is close to anathema. Defence analysts are dumb on the subject.

Probably MSM is unreliable about economy but this not a discussion about economy.
I agree with your diagram but not with your conclusion.
The position of @IlIlIlIlI @timsk and @Atilla is essentioally pro Russian, it can summerized in
  • Russia is strong
  • Russia is right
  • Russia is winning

@CavaliereVerde maybe you should rethink your answer after reading a very MSM article that @Atilla posted.

I am awaiting the trolls response stating...

The Guardian is now printing Russian propaganda.

Our weaponized sanctions are there to help democracy and freedoms.

They are not there to raise the price of oil gas and food prices to make billions to our capitalist enterprises who really do have our civilians interests at heart.

So let's give the Ukrainians more weapons to sell on ebay and the black market.

Let's send them billions to squander helping their civilians die in pointless killing. Whilst starving our populations of financial help n support.

Let's take in more refugees whilst encouraging the Russians to destroy buildings used to hide military fodder, so they look bad.

Give council houses to displaced Ukrainians funded by UK tax payers.

The system works for those in power, producing inflated priced goods n services.

Russia produces oil gas and gold. Has claimed agricultural output too. Rightfully so as the freaking west is encroaching on her freedoms and defence.

So what needs to be done.

Fluxxed up US biolabs shut down, nazi battalions disbanded, and Ukraine remove joining NATO from constitution and become more like Switzerland and Austria. NEUTRAL to establish peace and harmony.

I mean what Stupidity for any country to turn down neutrality avoiding participation in any war?

THAT Zelensky needs a rocket 🚀 up his ar5e.

Last edited:
Our weaponized sanctions are there to help democracy and freedoms.
freedom to freeze :)

Freedom of thoughts visiting Latvia starts having consequences:

What's MSM tries to make out of it:

What I think: you name it, you have it 🤣