Ukraine invasion

All adds to the pressure back home. Internal pressure will do for Putin. Sanctions are having the desired effect.

Russia's failing invasion of Ukraine risks them becoming a vassal state of China. Putin will be gone one way or another. Putin likes to project a strongman image,but when he loses this campaign in spectacular fashion, China will step in and buy up everything they can and the rest of the world will know that Russia is no longer a superpower. Australia already knows what this feels like with their export of raw materials to China. Russia is heading much the same way. China will use and abuse Russia to take full advantage of mineral deposits alongside oil and gas supplies. Russia has nothing else to offer and it's people will become slaves to the system and impoverished like never before.

China will buy a lot of stuff in Russia but I dont' believe it will end as a puppet state.
I think Russia will be divided in at least four independent states.

China looks for prosperity but not expansion, the country is already too big and difficult to manage.

Last edited:

MOSCOW, March 17. /TASS/. Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine is not aimed at ruining that country’s statehood or ousting its president, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a news briefing on Thursday.

"Let me stress once again what both the Western mass media and the Western establishment refuse to see: this operation is not targeted at the civilian population. It does not pursue the aim of seizing the country’s territory, ruining its statehood or ousting the current president. We keep saying this again and again."

"The Western media are forming an absolutely distorted picture of current events. They disinform their own population. They are a propaganda tool in the hands of their politicians," Zakharova said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 24 said that in response to a plea for help from the leaders of two Donbass republics he had launched a special military operation in Ukraine. He stressed that Moscow had no plans for an occupation of Ukrainian territories, its sole purpose being the country’s demilitarization and denazification. The Russian Defense Ministry said the Russian forces were not attacking Ukrainian cities. Smart weapons are used to eliminate military infrastructure.

MOSCOW, March 17. /TASS/. Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine is not aimed at ruining that country’s statehood or ousting its president, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told a news briefing on Thursday.

"Let me stress once again what both the Western mass media and the Western establishment refuse to see: this operation is not targeted at the civilian population. It does not pursue the aim of seizing the country’s territory, ruining its statehood or ousting the current president. We keep saying this again and again."

"The Western media are forming an absolutely distorted picture of current events. They disinform their own population. They are a propaganda tool in the hands of their politicians," Zakharova said.

Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 24 said that in response to a plea for help from the leaders of two Donbass republics he had launched a special military operation in Ukraine. He stressed that Moscow had no plans for an occupation of Ukrainian territories, its sole purpose being the country’s demilitarization and denazification. The Russian Defense Ministry said the Russian forces were not attacking Ukrainian cities. Smart weapons are used to eliminate military infrastructure.
This all makes perfect sense!
If places like Mariupol are not considered cities and the Nazis are the women and children with the destroyed theatre being an extreme Nationalist military base... then there isn't anything to complain about. ...and after all, as the Russians "keep saying this again and again" the world should believe this because thus time is different and the saying again and again that they weren't going invade Ukraine shouldn't be taken into consideration.

This all makes perfect sense!
If places like Mariupol are not considered cities and the Nazis are the women and children with the destroyed theatre being an extreme Nationalist military base... then there isn't anything to complain about. ...and after all, as the Russians "keep saying this again and again" the world should believe this because thus time is different and the saying again and again that they weren't going invade Ukraine shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Sadly civilians are dying yes but I also can see that this is the most restraint I've ever seen the Russians use.

In three weeks if the intention was to kill and destroy in Ukraine, the outcome and developments would have been so much different.

Contrary to their soldiers and miltiary gear being attacked the Russians have not striked out. If they were to go in hard, they certainly could do as they more than have the military fire power and capability.

Authorities have denied bombing the theatre and yes it is certainly something that needs to be investigated.

In three weeks if the intention was to kill and destroy in Ukraine, the outcome and developments would have been so much different.
This is what I (andeveryone) was believing before the attack and for the first 4 days.
I remember Zelensky declaring "maybe this is the last time you see me".

Than the world stated to notice obsolete equipment, rows of tanks sitting like ducks waiting to be bombed, conscripts fleeing, surrendering, robbing food.

The reality of russian army is very different from what everyone was thinking.
No tactics, no motivation, no training, just a lot of cannon fodder.

They are bombing cilvilians because they cannot defeat Ukranian army.

Authorities have denied
The same authorities that are denying the invasion and are speaking about denazification and government run by drug addicts, total bull****.

I know there is propaganda by Ukraine but it is propaganda vs total science fiction.

The same authorities that are denying the invasion and are speaking about denazification and government run by drug addicts, total bull****.

I know there is propaganda by Ukraine but it is propaganda vs total science fiction.

Yes many lies and propaganda on both sides. We can agree on that.

The first time Putin came out with "denazification and demilitarization" I thought he was joking or thinking we are all idiots.
From that point every info coming from Russia for me is toilet paper.

80% of Mariupol destroyed, another Grozny in 2022.

In the old days battle would take place in open fields with each party amputating limbs off each other.

These days wars take place in cities with each party taking infrastructure off each other. Either way people die.

Neither Ukraine or Russia will win this war. Winners are always outsiders who egg these two players to take limbs off each other. That party is essentially the West.

Winners are those other players on the world stage such as China and India who will benefit as they all draw closer ties to each other.

We will simply pay a lot more for our gas and oil.

UK will also get into bed with other less savoury bodies such as Iran and Saudie's. Switching partners but end game is that we are losers much like Ukraine and Russia. UK and US are losers too imo.

Showing emotive pictures of human suffering I guess can make some people feel better about their plight.

Foolish. Very foolish war egged on by Mr Sam.

CV,
I suspect you didn't watch that UnHerd interview with the excellent Freddie Sayers that I posted earlier. Do please watch it because, in spite of what you might believe, the Neo-Nazi Azov battalion is a very real issue impacting the conflict in a number of ways (and they're just one of a number of such groups). Although small in number, and their views aren't supported by the vast majority of Ukrainians, their influence on the military and political classes is considerable. If you want to be fair and balanced in your appraisal of the situation, then you have to take them into account. Even Gabriel Gatehouse - an experienced BBC corespondent - did a mini documentary on this for Newsnight a few years ago. (I can dig it out if you'll watch it.) The point being that the Nazi issue really isn't nonsense made up by Putin and those seeking to discredit Zelensky - it's been well known and documented for many years. And the problem for Zelensky is that - for the time being - he wants and needs the Azov soldiers as they're well trained and well armed fighters. However, if he agrees to any Russian demands, then the Azov battalion could easily turn against him - at which point he's not only got Putin after him but, potentially, soldiers from within his own armed forces. He's in a tight spot. Sure, it's complicated and nuanced, but I assure you it absolutely ain't science fiction. Can't comment on the drug addicts - not heard that one before!
Tim.

With all due respect;
multitudes have you not learned a valuable life lesson from most parents? There are two sides to every story! You should remain unattached to either side until more details come out (if they ever do). My research has pointed out many issues not being covered by media.

1) Why are there Nazis involved? If they are not Nazi's, then praytell why they wear the insignia?
2) Why is a journalist named Patrick Lancaster the only one (reporting from Ukraine) civilians being killed by other Ukranians now and BEFORE Russia invaded?
3) How much of this has to do with the Revolution Of Dignity?
4) Who is Putin "cleansing"?

Do not misunderstand my point. Putin is a tyrant and murderer and has blood on his hands, but dont get lost in the fog of war.