Ukraine invasion

Young males can't leave the contry but nobody has been forced to fight.
Territorial defense is made by voluteers and their ranks are full.
They accept only experienced fighters, no more militia.
It is Russia that sent conscripts to the battle while Putin was ignoring it.

Tis the fact that the Ukrainian population as a whole are prepared to defend their freedoms and repel any aggressors, that the West is prepared to help them in the first place. Not forgetting the small matter of the threat to the world if countries like Russia and China keep getting away with it !

Russia is a small time nuisance player these days and it's shenanigans in neighbouring countries are a temporary distraction away from China, which is undoubtedly a much bigger threat.

Every army has criminals, what really matters is bombing cities because that can't be due to single criminals but is something planned, generals ordering to bomb towns because they are not able to defeat the enemy soldiers.
Their strategy is to terrorize civilians and after this there will not be any pro russian sentiment in Ukraine.

At the beginnig everyone was thinking that Russia was holding back but now evey strategist agree that there is just nothing beyond this, russian army is unable to take Ukraine.
Ukraine has not air superiority but neither Russia has full control of the sky.
Ukraine is winning and pushing back but it will be a very slow victory, they don't have cannon fodder and equipment to waste.

Post 1002 covered this.

Again, no comment from Tim and Att.

Think i'll go watch the FA Cup final. More entertaining than arguing on a Saturday afternoon.

Tim and At can't even get their heads around the basics of this situation and they point blank refuse to engage with eg, post 1005, 1013, the vid posted where Russian troops shot dead the security guard and his manager.
c_v,
That's very disingenuous of you as you know full well that I've never refused "point blank" to engage with you or those on your side of the argument. On the contrary, I refer you to the opening point in my last post in which I said: ". . . If there's anything I've not addressed, it's genuine oversight on my part for which I apologise. Feel free to make any point or ask any question you want and I'll happily answer it . . ." What more, exactly, can I do or say?

With regard to the two posts you mention - you've not made a specific point or asked a question. I'm not clairvoyant, so forgive me if I don't waste my time double guessing what your points/questions might be or what you're wanting me to say! I, on the other hand, have asked specific questions - i.e. sentences that end which one of these things: ? - so it's crystal clear what I'm wanting you to address.
Tim.

You are right and I've noticed the same thing Tim. Same goes for I-Cats Paw-I.

We answer their questions and assertions.

They seldom respond to anything we put up but quote some other alternative reality to their false beliefs. By repeating the rubbish they think it'll stick.

I've lost count how many times they've repeated yeah but no but Russia invaded. Whilst repeating this is not about NATO.

THIS IS PURELY ABOUT NATO EXPANSION AND US MEDDLING IN UKRAINE. Russian's said this is their red line.

Blah blah blah Nope that's just a ploy for Russians' expansion. Russia is lying. West is speaking the truth.

FFS you can't discuss anything with nutters like this. NO WONDER RUSSIA HAS SENT IN THE INTERVENTION FORCE. Talking and negotiations not going anywhere.

EU countries already cracking up with differences of opinion.

See how dumb this is.

An intervention force in someone else's country is an invasion. It's not some local difficulty you are talking about here. This is a full scale assault on a independent nation, on multiple fronts, including the civilian population.

Time for FA Cup final. Some light relief from correcting misinformation/ propaganda/ appeasement.

See how dumb this is.

An intervention force in someone else's country is an invasion. It's not some local difficulty you are talking about here. This is a full scale assault on a independent nation, on multiple fronts, including the civilian population.

Time for FA Cup final. Some light relief from correcting misinformation/ propaganda/ appeasement.

The population of Ukraine? 40m+

Russian troops in Ukraine? 100-150K

Russia says it is an intervention, indicating they plan to rectify a situation and leave.

For the BBC, reporting tripe - it is an invasion.

FULL SCALE ASSAULT on MULTIPLE FRONTS including CIVILIANS. You're on another planet.

My best guess is that we are now entering the next phase of the Ukrainian fight back where Russian troops are pushed back out of occupied territories. There have been no significant advances by the Russians for weeks. Ukraine still enjoying targeted supply line successes. Already we see the Russians moving out (running away) from Kharkiv. Putin losing his grip both in Ukraine and at home. Internal pressure is starting to mount on Putin.

Ex Russia PM interview is interesting.

See how dumb this is.

Terrible game.

Ukraine wins Eurovision.
Was it Ukraines fault that the Soviet Union collapsed. Putin is a total knob. Harking back to a bygone era. HELLO....get with the program, it's 2022 not 1980.

Zelensky is a genius. not only has he played Putin, but all of the West is fawning over his leadership.
Nobel peace prize coming his way, guaranteed. And, I bet they win Eurovision !
Genius. What a guy !

That was hard to figure out.

For those that forgot what was the initial goal, here we have Putin asking ukranian army to betray their gov.
25 February

Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine
that's all not new...

Young males can't leave the contry but nobody has been forced to fight.
Territorial defense is made by voluteers and their ranks are full.
They accept only experienced fighters, no more militia.

If these Ukrainian soldiers were considered Nazi's, there is zero chance they would have been evacuated from Mauriopol and exchanged for Russian prisoner troops.

Think about that.

Putins phony justification to de-nazify Ukraine falls apart in this single act.