Ukraine invasion

It's a pathetic display on the part of the Russians and an utterly hopeless situation they find themselves in.
c_v,
Pray tell: what's pathetic about it and what's hopeless about it? As usual, you make these wild claims without any supporting evidence or logic. It also displays you're pretty clueless about what's going on in the battle around Bakhmut.
Tim should write to Putin and urge him to withdraw before every conscript becomes fertiliser.
Sure, I'll do that if you write to Zelensky saying exactly the same thing. Deal?
We already know that Zelensky won't back down or cede any territory to Russia. So for humanities sake Tim, get on to Putin before it's too late!
We already know that Putin won't back down or cede any captured territory back to Ukraine. So, a stalemate exists, resulting in a war of attrition which will grind on until one of the two inevitable outcomes is reached (as detailed to CV in this post).
Tim.

Exact, they are regular people sent there with the only goal to preserve Putin's seat, his friends and corrupt generals.
CV,
You're displaying quite staggering and unparalleled ignorance about Russian politics and Putin's popularity. But, even if he wasn't President, it would make no difference to the war, other than possibly to make the Russians even more committed to winning it.
Tim.

I could say the same about you. :sneaky:
You can say whatever you like.
The difference between us is that I support my claims with reason, logic and evidence. My posts are testimony to that. You can't support your claims with anything other than what you hope, want and wish for. Your posts are testimony to that.

Have you ever been in Russia?
I have never been there but I know many eastern Euope countries, and I was following several russian youtubers before the invasion.
Following anyone on YouTube - Russian or Ukrainian - is great for personal anecdotes and personal views about the pros and cons of what's happening. But none of those things - interesting though they may be - gives one an understanding of the politics of either country. c_v, thinks watching sitcoms provides the answer - which tells us why he's so hopelessly misguided and proof positive that he can't distinguish between pure fiction and reality!

Are you sure? What about Izium? What about Kherson?
Ah ... ok... those are only temporary withdrawals to "regroup" and come back stronger! :sneaky::rolleyes:
I recommend you refer back to my earlier post in which I recommended you focus not on what western propaganda tell you the Russians are trying to achieve but, instead, hear it from the horses mouth. Your perception of what's happening will alter significantly and bring you closer to the ball park of reality rather than the make believe fantasy world you currently reside in.

So I am "ignorant" and "hopelessly misguided" while you are wise and you listen to experts that hold the truth...
You assume to know the truth or to be listening to reliable people.
The point is that your sources are not more credible than mine.

So I am "ignorant" and "hopelessly misguided" while you are wise and you listen to experts that hold the truth...
10/10 CV - well done - finally, we're getting somewhere!
:ROFLMAO:
You assume to know the truth or to be listening to reliable people.
That's a fundamental misunderstanding right there. Unlike you, I assume nothing. I listen to a wide range of opinions from a variety of sources on all sides of the conflict and then reach an informed view. You don't do this. Indeed, you can't do it, because your entire viewpoint is based on an ideologically fixed view that you will not change regardless of the amount of evidence you're presented with that suggests otherwise. Unless and until you free yourself from this mindset, you will always struggle to read, listen and watch any commentary on the war objectively and with an open mind.

You're so committed to your viewpoint that you actively need either to ignore credible commentators who present sound logic and evidence that negates your view or, if you can't avoid them, you have to discredit them personally because, by shooting the messenger, it also kills the message. c_v, has particular issues with this, as he's managed to convince himself that egghead Brian isn't worth listening to on the grounds that he lives in Thailand. This would be funny but for the fact that thousands of people are dying because of attitudes like this.
The point is that your sources are not more credible than mine.
Well, this is where your argument really falls apart for the simple reason that, often as not, my sources are pro-Ukraine. The recent example that's completely stumped all of you wanting the war to continue is General Zaluzhny saying he can't win it without . . . you know the rest.
Tim.

he's managed to convince himself that egghead Brian isn't worth listening to on the grounds that he lives in Thailand.
I don't care if Brian lives in Thailand or on Mars.
What makes me ignore him is that he think China is right, Uighurs genocide is staged, and everything bad is a US conspiracy. With such a trackrecord I cannot trust him.

I don't care if Brian lives in Thailand or on Mars.
What makes me ignore him is that he think China is right, Uighurs genocide is staged, and everything bad is a US conspiracy. With such a trackrecord I cannot trust him.
CV,
You're not taking my points on board. Indeed, you're exhibiting the very characteristics I'm accusing you of. Let me be clear. You don't need to trust Brian to read, listen or watch him, just as I don't need to trust the BBC to do the same. (And I don't trust them one bit, btw.) However, what we both have to do is to pay attention with an open mind so that we can reach an informed and balanced opinion. The real reason you're unwilling to do this is because Brian makes clear, well researched and well argued points that you have no answer for. You don't want to hear them because you know you can't address them and then your ideological fixed view becomes conflicted. The narrative starts to fall apart. Ergo, you must 'cancel' Brian in order to avoid that pain and return to the warm comforting blanket of your ideologically fixed view. You convince yourself that because he's wrong (in your opinion) about China - even though it's largely a separate and unrelated topic - that he must also be wrong about the Ukraine war. (Are you right about everything, always? Of course not, nor am I.) It's not quite as bad as cancelling Brian based on the country he chooses to live in, but it's not much better, and it's the reason why I accuse you of lacking intellectual integrity. Sadly, this rather proves my point.
Tim.

Before listening to an "expert" I have to determine his credibility.
According to my research Brian is not credible, he is just providing an alternative reading of facts to people that hates "mainstram media".
You think to have a balanced opinion and everyone with a different view is ignorant and brainwashed. Sad...

Before listening to an "expert" I have to determine his credibility.
Oh dear CV. This is painful.
If you have a pain in your leg and you go and see a doctor and s/he says you need to have the leg amputated otherwise you'll die, then it's entirely reasonable to reassure yourself that the doctor is an 'expert' in their field and is entirely credible. You're inferring that the corollary of this is that anyone and everyone must be an expert in order for them to have credibility. Plainly, this proposition is ridiculous, not least because any number of so called experts have been telling us all sorts of things over the last few years that not only are not credible, but are provably misleading and, sometimes, dangerous. Deadly, even. 'Covid vaccines are safe and effect' springs to mind. How many of the people/organisations you reference are 'experts' in anything? Take Zelensky for example. He's an expert in acting, possibly, but little else. Your argument lacks intellectual integrity.
According to my research Brian is not credible, he is just providing an alternative reading of facts to people that hates "mainstram media".
Oh do tell me - what 'research' would this be? Please don't just repeat previous comments you've made about him.
You think to have a balanced opinion and everyone with a different view is ignorant and brainwashed. Sad...
This sentence doesn't make sense.
I have no problem with people having a different view to me whatsoever. The problem I have is with people who ignore the points I make (because they have no answer to them) and then try and to wriggle out of their intellectually indefensible position by making comments like 'so 'n so isn't credible because he said something about another topic I didn't like and lives in XYZ'. It's infantile.
Tim.

This is how it is going in Bakhmut.

Going nowhere is the short answer, despite Russia throwing everything at it, mainly cannon fodder.
But Tim seems to think he knows something. I can assure you, he doesn't :ROFLMAO:, which is unsurprising given that ALL his information comes from dodgy you-tube wannabe nobodies, or worse, Russian propagandists.

Last edited:
Take Zelensky for example. He's an expert in acting, possibly, but little else.
Just like Ronald Reagan.
You don't need to be an expert in economy or a military strategist to be a president.
You make political decisions based on reports by your collaborators.

Last edited:
You're inferring that the corollary of this is that anyone and everyone must be an expert in order for them to have credibility.
So how do you select you sources?
Why Brian or Russell Brand o The Duran are better than BBC CNN or DW ?

This is how it is going in Bakhmut.

Going nowhere is the short answer, despite Russia throwing everything at it, mainly cannon fodder.
But Tim seems to think he knows something. I can assure you, he doesn't :ROFLMAO:, which is unsurprising given that ALL his information comes from dodgy you-tube wannabe nobodies, or worse, Russian propagandists.

1672920855989.png

1672920908325.png